Guardian: Best Prem goal?

gilbertoAVFC

Without thinking too extensively about it, the goal that always stands out for me is the Henry effort where he flicks it up with his back to goal against United and volleys it into the top corner.

I remember Patrik Berger scored a similar goal for Pompey think was vs Charlton

Atkinson No.1 for me still. was a combination of a great dribble and exquisite finish.

though I cant be only one that thinks the Di Canio goal is not that great and also Bentley goal vs Arsenal was a goalkeeping blunder

Atkinson No.1 for me still. was a combination of a great dribble and exquisite finish.

though I cant be only one that thinks the Di Canio goal is not that great and also Bentley goal vs Arsenal was a goalkeeping blunder

I was going to say this in my original post, but couldnt be bothered.

Can't believe Paul Scholes goal isn't in there, that'd be in my top 5!

My 5 from there would be in no order (yet)

1. Dennis Bergkamp vs Newcastle - Outrageous skill.

2. Paolo Di Canio vs Wimbledon - Technique is fantastic, both feet of the floor, so beautifully placed and great balance.

3. Wayne Rooney vs Man City - Classic bicycle goal, absolute perfection.

4. David Beckham vs Wimbledon - Brilliantly done, half way line, keeper wasn't ridicolous far out, perfect strike.

5. Matthew Taylor vs Everton - Surely any volley from 45 yards deserves a mention?

I've mainly voted on difficulty of skill and execution.

Was a lucky run of the ball in my opinion.

2. Paolo Di Canio vs Wimbledon - Technique is fantastic, both feet of the floor, so beautifully placed and great balance.

Good goal, but not top 5 material. Van Persie's was just as good.

Shin Roller.

Was a lucky run of the ball in my opinion.

Good goal, but not top 5 material. Van Persie's was just as good.

Shin Roller.

Agree to disagree 1 and 3. Think both were perfection of skill.

quick point on Di Canio, the fact it's outside the boot makes it right up there for me. Just so rare to see a volley outside the boot and with the balance, off the floor. I just can't think of anything even remotely similar to it. I think Van Persie's was easier, slightly.

Yeboah scores higher on technical merit (the control before his shot) and artistic inspiration (underside of the bar baby!) in my opinion. I like first time screamers, but I prefer something with a bit of control on top.

This isn't the best goal but technique wise, I don't get it. There's pace on the corner but if you look on the replay, it's not absolutely drilled in. I don't know how he gets so much pace and lift on it. I really think its skill rather than luck.

Â