the VT ultimate zombie apocalypse survival plan

kidlewis

I would fortify my house and make a stand. If Zombie films have taught me anything it's that when you travel to somewhere, it's never as you hoped when you arrive. Unless I can get to a boat. The seas would seem the safest place for sure.

my house would be a bad idea as it's got large glass windows at the back, almost impossible to barracade in.

also in a large estate so there would be loads of zombies around.

rope ladders would be good, no zombie can climb rope ladders.

next question is how many VTers know how to use a rifle/shotgun?

The ideal place to stay would be in an open field which has good visibility so you could see any approaching zombies with enough time to prepare for the impending attack

You would need to get fit as well running at high speeds for a long duration would be a must

Only wear tight fitting clothing and keep your hair short, when making a break for it the last thing you want is a zombie grabbing onto your trailing hood or clutching at your long hair

Try to grow as much of your own food as possible to save yourself from having to enter towns to raid and steal things as there will more than likely be a higher number of zombies there

As for fortifying the place you would just need swift access to the loft/attic as long as it has retractable ladders you will be ok (zombies don't have the intellectual capacity to use tools or improvise so you will be safe) though you would ideally need an escape route from there

Weapons- stay away from guns unless there is no other option as they make too much noise and will attract other local roaming zombies, swords and blades are fine when you are faced with close combat providing there are not too many that you are taking on. The perfect weapon is the bow and arrow but you would need to be willing to put some serious practise into it to make yourself the perfect marksman, the bow and arrow is great as it's silent accurate and can be used at range

Saving other people? DONT presume that everyone you cared about is dead, pray that the took their own life as the only other alternative is that they are walking round trying to find brains, how would you feel if you travelled for days and put yourself through so much danger just to find that your loved ones are only pleased to see you as they want rip you apart and eat you

Whoever you are with at the time of the zombie breakout are now your only family

It would be a pity to survive the apocalypse only to cecum to a dose of bronchitis.

You mean succumb. The cecum (Or caecum in the British spelling) is a part of the intestine that you do not want to cut into during a dissection, whether it be of a mouse or human. Unpleasant

watched the Walking dead yesterday.

The large farm house in the middle of nowhere is a good idea, however I think the UK is too dense and small in location to have such an awesom hideout in the midlands.

maybe scotland or somewhere.

I always thought somewhere really cold would be good. Alaska would be awesome because the zombies would freeze solid and would be useless.

does anyone have a better location in the midlands than this:

ZOMBIE.jpg

other key points:

high walls with good viewing point

plenty of melee weapons and chainmail

strong walls and doors (no way can they be broken down)

secret passageways where you can exit (however need to make sure secure in case zombies somehow find the way in)

plenty of space to house a large number of people.

plenty of land inside for growing crops

lots of nearby trees to cut down for firewood (lots of fireplaces in the castle)

near main roads to which many midlands VTers could get there quickly.

not near any massive cities (although warwick and leamington would provide sizable zombie population)

3 massive supermarkets within 2 miles of the castle.

church tower (best vantage point in warwick) less than 400 yards from the castle.

I don't think there is a better location. the main issue is clearing trees from nearby to give good viewing for a few hundred yards all around.

What would your personal setup be when zombie hunting?

I would have tight clothes with light chainmail (to definitely prevent bites)

small blades (assasin creed style) as well as two pistols.

I think another useful aspect to the castle would be the ability to horde zombies into the iron gate and then moltov the group which would cause a ripple effect of them all burning to death.

I think there are two gates with a long corridor and you can pour and shoot down at them. could kill them in batches at least 200 at a time.

1001641.jpg

there is space above in between those gates where you could pour fuel down and then a match.

the issue will be you'd probably need to get them down somehow using a blow torch or jack hammer as they are probbaly permenantly open.

A lighthouse seems like the right idea for a place to protect yourself as long as you have an escape route should zombies break in. As for me, I live in Florida so not only am I no where near the trouble but I have PLENTY of access to ammunition should I need it. However, I see me getting a friend or more to illegally fly into the situation with plenty of zombie fighting gear. Then locate, swoop in, and rescue my ridiculous husband before he decides to "get bitten and join the party" ...He would indeed be with some friends or family to which we would also be rescuing. I realise that I am welcoming certain death on said mission, but he's my husband and I'm a pretty good shot as well as freakishly strong for my size. Being a blonde, curvy, american woman who has some knowledge of weapons and will stop at nothing to rescue the man she loves will either get me through this entire thing with few casualties along the way or dead within 15 minutes. But it's a gamble I would have to take.

There's a couple of little islands that sit not too far away from me in the Severn Estuary: Steep Hoe (sp?) and Little Hoe. Would probably go and live there with my laptop and a copy of Football Manager 2012.

I think an obvious one would be.......

But I would prefer something a little more up beat, something like this

I'm a sucker for catchy stuff at odd moments.

does anyone know of a better location? have a look at my images above, some pretty amazing weapons in there already.

god knows what that giant cutlass on the end of the wooden pole is, but that would be good if you were strong.

another good song for zombie punishing would be Acid 8000 by Fatboy Slim.

"IF THIS DON'T MAKE YOUR BODY MOVE, YOUR BODY MUST BE DEAD!"

A lighthouse seems like the right idea for a place to protect yourself as long as you have an escape route should zombies break in. As for me, I live in Florida so not only am I no where near the trouble but I have PLENTY of access to ammunition should I need it. However, I see me getting a friend or more to illegally fly into the situation with plenty of zombie fighting gear. Then locate, swoop in, and rescue my ridiculous husband before he decides to "get bitten and join the party" ...He would indeed be with some friends or family to which we would also be rescuing. I realise that I am welcoming certain death on said mission, but he's my husband and I'm a pretty good shot as well as freakishly strong for my size. Being a blonde, curvy, american woman who has some knowledge of weapons and will stop at nothing to rescue the man she loves will either get me through this entire thing with few casualties along the way or dead within 15 minutes. But it's a gamble I would have to take.

A lighthouse is a great idea, and I live within two miles of two of them One of them would be perfect, as it has a door opening down to some cliffs behind a 30 foot fence. I could keep a small motor boat moored on the beach at the bottom, and use that for fishing and food gathering missions. I still think a decent sized yacht is the best bet though. You'd have completely zombie proof living accommodation, and could sail to different locations as required. The only problem I could foresee would be Waterworld style pirates on jet skis, but I'd gather up an arsenal of shotguns and crossbows, and fashion a bulletproof turret out of corrugated iron on the bow of the boat.

A lighthouse is a great idea, and I live within two miles of two of them One of them would be perfect, as it has a door opening down to some cliffs behind a 30 foot fence. I could keep a small motor boat moored on the beach at the bottom, and use that for fishing and food gathering missions. I still think a decent sized yacht is the best bet though. You'd have completely zombie proof living accommodation, and could sail to different locations as required. The only problem I could foresee would be Waterworld style pirates on jet skis, but I'd gather up an arsenal of shotguns and crossbows, and fashion a bulletproof turret out of corrugated iron on the bow of the boat.

this would be the best option I agree, however I don't think I would have enough time to get to the coast, get some basic supplies and steal a large yacht and learn how to sail it?

Â