the VT ultimate zombie apocalypse survival plan

kidlewis

now we had a thread ages ago but it's gone, the only one I could find was Vampires vs Zombies.

so this thread is to pull our knowledge together to work out how we would pull together to survive.

Situation: We see live breaking news of people getting munched in London and whilst we are shocked it's clear it's a zombie apocalypse on the loose and we have to survive and it's 4pm on a friday.

EDIT: THING WE ASSUME:

BASED ON HE WALKING DEAD ZOMBIES, ONCE BITTEN IT TAKES A FEW HOURS TO KICK IN UNTIL YOU PASS OUT. NOT THE 28 DAYS LATER WHERE IT'S SECONDS.

YOU NEED TO SEVER THE BRAIN ACTIVITY TO KILL, OR SERIOUSLY MUTILATE.

ZOMBIES CANNOT CLIMB ROPE LADDERS OR USE MORE COMPLEX PHYSICAL MOVEMENT

OTHER ASSUMPTIONS WE WOULD NEED TO MAKE WELCOME

things to consider:

1. how do you get your loved ones together

whether it's a case of heart ruling head or wanting to keep things close to you that matter you'd need to work out how to get family together.

2. location

somewhere strong, high walls, ideally remove countryside location, ability to self sustain, easy to keep secure, nearish to a town to forrage for key resources.

3. food, clothes and water

tins, bottles of water, clothes

4. weapons

guns, melee, traps, petrol

5. transport

vehicle types, fuel, storage

6. anything else.

this isn't a comparison, it's to debate and pick the plan and have it written in stone so in the event it happens we can download and implement. (well not really but sort of).

thoughts please.

You would use:

mobile for family, call girlfriend, get home and pick the child up a.s.a.p and then stock up in less than 10 minutes and out the house.

I would spam VT messageboard and Twitter announcing what is going on (and everyone else doing the same).

we would hopefully (once our plan is complete) have a time frame to get to the location by before the door is shut.

If it starts in London and we catch it early we would have about 1-3 hours before it's done.

say someone gets bitten and jumps on a train to Midlands, that;s about an hour.

mines got double the posts and views, the people have spoken (albeit myself).

just get involved. we need sub sections for the first point

how do we get our families together and meet up at a chosen location in less than 3 hours (maximum). I reckon ideally it needs to be 2.

what about getting Limpid to activate the VT zombie protocol which would turn this website into a single page with warnings and the ability to view and read out zombie survival .pdf.

key instructions on a timeline which would outline stages of the plan.

also we would need to utilise social networking until they went down.

I also think we would have to restrict it to immediate family, otherwise it would get ridiculous. If it's not child, wife, nan or grandad, they aren't coming in.

Well, in that case, all I'd need is a few things.

A dog.

A Swiss Army Knife.

Pots and Pans.

Some mustard and pepper.

A boat.

Get myself to a nice wee island (West coast preferably, stay away from the populous East) and live off the land until it all blows over.

Getting there won't be much of an issue. I suspect surviving in England would be a far more daunting prospect.

(the only real problem would be if the zombies die out after a fairly lengthy amount of time, leaving infrastructure **** and the world without food etc, then the problem would be avoiding hungry and desperate humans, which quite frankly I would need more than a handy multi-purpose utensil to deal with)

Well, in that case, all I'd need is a few things.

A dog.

A Swiss Army Knife.

Pots and Pans.

Some mustard and pepper.

A boat.

Get myself to a nice wee island (West coast preferably, stay away from the populous East) and live off the land until it all blows over.

Getting there won't be much of an issue. I suspect surviving in England would be a far more daunting prospect.

(the only real problem would be if the zombies die out after a fairly lengthy amount of time, leaving infrastructure **** and the world without food etc, then the problem would be avoiding hungry and desperate humans, which quite frankly I would need more than a handy multi-purpose utensil to deal with)

depends on your intial location.

I would suspect the majority live in the Midlands or near to it, therefore somewhere smack bang in the middle of England would be the option.

Merriden, leamington something like that.

the location I think would need to be in the midlands somewhere.

I'd fortify the area around the house. Problem is that it's open from all sides being out in the sticks. Not far from the beach (for fishing) and plenty of game in the area (providing their not infected too) so easy to live off the land until whenever necessary. I'd block off unnecessary areas of the house too. I doubt lack of future infrastructure would be a problem, there was barely any to begin with!

plan to get people together so far (albeit just me)

1. Limipid to activate VT zombie protocal

2. similar things on VT twitter and Facebook Page

3. password creation upon arrival of location (which we WILL comendeer by force if needs be)

4. immediate family only (parents included and siblings, no cousins aunties, uncles, mates)

5. 3 hour maximum waiting time before doors are shut (theoretically).

as it's 4pm on friday this makes it more tricky as it will take us time to first get home and get family together then move to location X

I'd fortify the area around the house. Problem is that it's open from all sides being out in the sticks. Not far from the beach (for fishing) and plenty of game in the area (providing their not infected too) so easy to live off the land until whenever necessary. I'd block off unnecessary areas of the house too. I doubt lack of future infrastructure would be a problem, there was barely any to begin with!

I don't think you'd last too long unless you had other people to help deal with zombies.

I don't think you'd last too long unless you had other people to help deal with zombies.

Sorry - assuming family was there too. Although I don't imagine there'd be too many in said cohort 'dealing' with the Zombies. Teaching the missus to use a shotgun wouldn't be something I'd ever want to do - maybe it would be necessary eventually.

I'd adopt a '300' strategy though, the only access point being a narrow point between a side house and the garage. That said, I'd spend most of the day picking off any stragglers from the various flat-roofs.

I think we have to think of how we would get a group together.

I guess you'd have to write here your own strategy if you don't like within 3 hours of say, Birmingham, Coventry or surrounding area.

we would have the jump on majority of the public, so we have about 30 minutes before proper panic would set it. roads would be tricky to navigate, accidents etc.

perhaps we think of location as well as how we would get together.

location key points from me:

strong, large and near fresh water (water is so key)

centrally located to midlands area

high walls

few entry and exit points

access to weapons (ideally).

My personal choice is Warwick Castle.

near a river (transport access, fresh water and cuts off one entire side from zombies (if you take out the wooden bridge).

the amount of melee weapons in there is ridiculous.

the keep (key?) has (from memory) 3 entry points, one has massive wooden doors, the other has a massive iron gate and the other is open I think.

high walls, good viewing points, near to warwick where I think there are a couple of hunting shops (shotguns?)

warwick also has the church spire which is an awesome viewing point and only 3 minute run from the main warwick castle keep.

also the grass area in the middle of the keep would be enough to grow core vegetables. there is also some birds of prey located on site which (if we caught the workers there at the right time, get them to hunt for us (rabbits etc)

the difficulty as well would be (wherever we decide) is to ruthlessly take it over. none of this "please let us in", just do it and if they agree then best of friends, if they try to deny us entry, it's BOOM HEADSHOT!

also on arrival use cars to block all entry to the castle where possible.

Â