Dale Farm Eviction

b6bloke

I doubt that any of the appalling comments in this thread are because of a lack of support for a 'cause' but rather a glee in finding another group of people (whether distinct ethnic group or not) to dehumanize.

Spot on Snowy. Some of the comments in here are quite sickening TBH.

Some seem to revel in the suffering of others, and justify that glee because "they aren't like us/they aren't one of us".

I've seen very little compassion/understanding/empathy.

OK, you may not agree with how they live and/or what they stand for, but that is different to getting kicks from seeing them suffer.

Seems some may not have evolved beyond capturing wasps in jars, or pulling wings off flies ....

I think you've got it all wrong imo Jon. Its got nothing to do with getting 'kicks' from seeing them suffer. Its to do with upholding the law of the land.

I would hazard a guess that 98% of the people on that site have never contributed to the upkeep and running of the economy/country.

I will say it again, if you behave like animals, then you better expect to be treated like animals.

Im sure that a couple on this thread have never had dealings with or come accross these people before.

I doubt that any of the appalling comments in this thread are because of a lack of support for a 'cause' but rather a glee in finding another group of people (whether distinct ethnic group or not) to dehumanize.

Some seem to revel in the suffering of others, and justify that glee because "they aren't like us/they aren't one of us".

OK, you may not agree with how they live and/or what they stand for, but that is different to getting kicks from seeing them suffer.

Seems some may not have evolved beyond capturing wasps in jars, or pulling wings off flies ....

I think you've got it all wrong imo Jon. Its got nothing to do with getting 'kicks' from seeing them suffer. Its to do with upholding the law of the land.

I would hazard a guess that 98% of the people on that site have never contributed to the upkeep and running of the economy/country.

I will say it again, if you behave like animals, then you better expect to be treated like animals.

Im sure that a couple on this thread have never had dealings with or come accross these people before.

1i0rj7.gif

I think you've got it all wrong imo Jon. Its got nothing to do with getting 'kicks' from seeing them suffer.

Hmmmm.

Some of them have been tazered...**** ace!

:crylaugh:

Not sure exactly what to make of the above then, TBH.

Its to do with upholding the law of the land.

I agree that they should have been evicted. I take no pleasure in seeing them (or the 'protesters') suffer physical harm.

1i0rj7.gif

I think you've got it all wrong imo Jon. Its got nothing to do with getting 'kicks' from seeing them suffer.

Hmmmm.

I agree that they should have been evicted. I take no pleasure in seeing them (or the 'protesters') suffer physical harm.

What Rob said was funny, not aimed directly at the gypsy's getting tazered.

So its ok for them to hit the police with spades, throw missiles at the police and pour bucket loads of piss of the police?

But as soon as one of them gets tazered for physically abusing the police, everyone turns into Mother Teresa!?!?

Although Jon the individual tazered was a soap dodging protester, not a traveller. So be reassured that your hand wringing is misplaced in this instance.

:thumb:

Did you see the picture of the crusty holding up the crucifx in the papers yesterday? Rent-a-dog-on-a-rope only there for the publicity. Please let it be her that was tasered.

Although Jon the individual tazered was a soap dodging protester, not a traveller. So be reassured that your hand wringing is misplaced in this instance.

:thumb:

I take no enjoyment is seeing anyone tazered TBH, be they traveller/gypsy/protester, etc ....

although, actually, the idea of tazering a few bankers, traders and MP's does seem somewhat appealing .... :mrgreen:

Hmmmm.

What Rob said was funny ....

Fe-ck me. Must have missplaced my sense of humour over the years.

Seems i'm no longer in touch with what is considered funny these days. Must book myself in at the next Jim Davidson gig ....

Hmmmm.

What Rob said was funny ....

Fe-ck me. Must have missplaced my sense of humour over the years.

Seems i'm no longer in touch with what is considered funny these days. Must book myself in at the next Jim Davidson gig ....

Funny as in only Rob would come out with something like that.

"tazered...**** ace!"

If the stuff that Peter has picked up on is correct, I would assume that the neighbour who has apparently been one of the most vociferous activists against the travellers (not sure just the illegal part of the camp, btw) will also be on the receiving end of some disgust with suggestions that the police/bailiffs/council bods should hang around and carry out this apparently unenforced enforcement notice?

This statistical analysis - is that about all of those travellers on the Dale farm site or just the ones who were on illegal pitches being evicted?

'Never contributed to the upkeep and running of the economy' - what do you mean by that? Not contributed as much as a settled person/family? For some, quite possibly.

Edit:

I've never been to Basildon so it's quite possible that I haven't encountered those people who were on the illegal part of the Dale Farm site. You have, you say?

Can I just add that I do get kicks from seeing the filthy, scrubby, tinkers suffer. Quite like it really. Its like reading or hearing that a top Al-Qaeda operative has been killed by a US drone. HURRAH, one for the good guys! Just Al-Zadarwi and that big fat cow from Gypsy weddings to go and my 2011 is complete. Add a Villa win on saturday and I'll be pissed as a fart come sat night.

If the stuff that Peter has picked up on is correct, I would assume that the neighbour who has apparently been one of the most vociferous activists against the travellers (not sure just the illegal part of the camp, btw) will also be on the receiving end of some disgust with suggestions that the police/bailiffs/council bods should hang around and carry out this apparently unenforced enforcement notice?

This statistical analysis - is that about all of those travellers on the Dale farm site or just the ones who were on illegal pitches being evicted?

'Never contributed to the upkeep and running of the economy' - what do you mean by that? Not contributed as much as a settled person/family? For some, quite possibly.

Edit:

I've never been to Basildon so it's quite possible that I haven't encountered those people who were on the illegal part of the Dale Farm site. You have, you say?

You should come down from your ivory tower once in a while...

Â