Dale Farm Eviction

b6bloke

You should come down from your ivory tower once in a while...

I put forward some questions in response to what you posted.

It's a shame that this quoted post would suggest that you have no interest in trying to answer them.

Why should he? its irrelephant.

It's a shame that this quoted post would suggest that you have no interest in trying to answer them.

Why should he? its irrelephant.

Its not irrelephant, its a hippopotamus.......

Every thread that gets started about how people should be treated, be it murderer's, rapists, child killer, intruders into one's home, you always sit on the fence saying that you cant treat people that way etc etc. For example the riots not too long back, you were saying that the police should not be allowed to use force even tho they were on the street taking a beating, when people said that they would seek vengance if their child was ever abused or murdered, you said that that rehabilitation was the key and that the juditial system was put there for a reason to tackle these problems. You said that career criminals should be cared for and rehabilitated back into society.

Snowy, your probably a really nice chap who i would enjoy having a pint with, but im sorry, you just dont live in the real world, you honestly believe (or so it seems) that there is a simple solution to everything, that hard tough policing is not necessary. You divide the blame like in this thread, how are these people not in the wrong? Pouring piss over the police yet you think there is no need to use a tazer or physical force? Attempting to hit the police with spades, yet they shouldnt be manhandled?

You just dont seem to see that these people offer sweet FA to this country/society/economy. What rights do they deserve when they dont pay their way?

I know im not alone when i say that these people deserve everything they are getting for the years of aggrovation they hace caused their neighbours and the surrounding area. What do they give to the community? Nothing. So what should they get in return? Nothing. Yet for God knows how many years they have lived the life of Riley of hand outs payed for by me, you nad every other hard working person in the country.

Ive said before, ive no problem with anyone who wants to work and earn a living for their family, but people who scrounge and have no intention of getting a job, instead rely on handouts and thieving, i have no time for what-so-ever. Ive grafted since i was 16 years old and (touch wood) have never been out of work, contributing to society and the country in which i live, not slobbing it and relying on tax payers handouts or thieving to make ends meet.

So in conclusion, i have no sympathy what-so-ever for these people. They were offered houses im led to believe, do i think they should have been offered housing? Do i ****. I have to work damn hard to keep my family fed and watered and a roof over our heads yet they get it offered to them for nothing!?!? Thats what makes me sick. The people who work hard for a pittence when they could easly claim benefits and probably be better off, thats who i respect, people who can hold their head up high knowing they graft instead of taking the easy way out. Working hard for a living builds something inside that makes you stronger.

I will finish with what ive said all thread...if you behave like animals, you better expect to be treated like one.

I've decided not to bother about this (being shocked at posters' callous joy in other peoples' misery) any more, lest I be accused of hypocrisy.

After all, Thatcher can't have long to go now.

_Waiting.gif

Every thread that gets started about how people should be treated, be it murderer's, rapists, child killer, intruders into one's home, you always sit on the fence saying that you cant treat people that way etc etc. For example the riots not too long back, you were saying that the police should not be allowed to use force even tho they were on the street taking a beating, when people said that they would seek vengance if their child was ever abused or murdered, you said that that rehabilitation was the key and that the juditial system was put there for a reason to tackle these problems. You said that career criminals should be cared for and rehabilitated back into society.

Whenever these types of thread occur, I generally put forward the same point of view (it being my point of view on these subjects and hence why Tamuff's 'devil's advocate' comment was so wide of the mark).

That view is thus: people should aim to act reasonably and within the law especially if they are wishing to act as the people who uphold it or are seeking to claim to be law-abiding citizens.

As I have said previously in this thread (and others - though it often gets missed because it doesn't sit with the viewpoint against which you would like to argue):

The police (or anyone else for that matter) should be (and are) allowed to use appropriate, reasonable force in self-defence, lawful arrest, prevention of a crime and so on.

link

That means neither giving people or the police or any other authority carte blanche to act in any way because someone else may have acted (or may just be suspected of acting) in an illegal way nor preventing people, the police or other authorities from acting in a lawful manner which may require the use of force.

Unfortunately, what tends to happen in response (not just from you but many people) is that when they see that I (or anyone else sharing my point of view) do not ascribe to the 'you break the law, you lose any rights', 'treat them like animals' or 'they're scum they deserve to die' mentality, they fail to actually read the view put forward and, instead, make up all sorts of straw men (including some of the things you have suggested in the post).

... im sorry, you just dont live in the real world, you honestly believe (or so it seems) that there is a simple solution to everything,

I do live in the real world as we all do.

Having a different opinion does not mean that the other person does not 'live in the real world'.

I very much do not believe there is a simple solution to everything; I very much doubt there is a simple solution to anything as most situations are complex entanglements of many different actors and agents.

You just dont seem to see that these people offer sweet FA to this country/society/economy. What rights do they deserve when they dont pay their way?

I asked you before, who is not paying their way and how?

Your previous post said that you guessed that '98% of the people on that site have never contributed to the upkeep and running of the economy/country'.

Did you mean all of the site? What did you mean by never contributed?

I will finish with what ive said all thread...if you behave like animals, you better expect to be treated like one.

I think that it is the most appalling of traits that anyone is able (or often keen) to treat (or think of) another human being (but most especially any group of human beings) as less than human being(s).

Every thread that gets started about how people should be treated, be it murderer's, rapists, child killer, intruders into one's home, you always sit on the fence

This must be a new meaning of "sitting on the fence" that I've not come across before.

Â