Xbox One

hogso

If they don't carry my licenses over that's another step towards the ps4 for me

If you've got any XBLA purchases, they are not going to be on the new console - there is NO back compatibility, including for downloads.

If they don't carry my licenses over that's another step towards the ps4 for me

licenses to what? They already they won't be bringing the old XBLA stuff onto the new console. Xbox Live Subscriptions will carry over though.

So, XBLA  will not be on it either?

**** that.. 

There is going to be XBLA, just not able to play old stuff on the new console.

Which includes the stuff I have spent money on?

**** that.. 

Yes

If you want to play any game that you have downloaded onto your 360 from Xbox Live Arcade, you will need to keep your 360 and hook that up again, because they are not transferring over to the new console. The new console has NO backwards compatibility at all, XBLA games on the 360 will not simply be available to Xbox One users (though I'd stake every penny I have that sure enough, in time, they'll miraculously appear as new ports you can buy to enjoy all over again!).

And even if you do keep your 360 to play your XBLA games from time to time, if you decide to free up some space on that 360 HDD sometime and delete a game thinking you can just download it again later, don't be so sure - Microsoft will sure as shit turn off all the servers and remove all the ability to redownload those games in time.

Basically, the lesson here is simple - don't download a bloody thing from Microsoft from here on in. 

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 2

**** that.. 

Yes. You could just keep your old 360. I can see it being a problem for some people.

Edited by Daniel

**** that.. 

Yes

If you want to play any game that you have downloaded onto your 360 from Xbox Live Arcade, you will need to keep your 360 and hook that up again, because they are not transferring over to the new console. The new console has NO backwards compatibility at all, XBLA games on the 360 will not simply be available to Xbox One users (though I'd stake every penny I have that sure enough, in time, they'll miraculously appear as new ports you can buy to enjoy all over again!).

And even if you do keep your 360 to play your XBLA games from time to time, if you decide to free up some space on that 360 HDD sometime and delete a game thinking you can just download it again later, don't be so sure - Microsoft will sure as shit turn off all the servers and remove all the ability to redownload those games in time.

Basically, the lesson here is simple - don't download a bloody thing from Microsoft from here on in. 

Where have they said this? I saw them saying that they would continue to support 360 long after the Xbox One release.

They've not said it.

But they will do. Absolute racing certainty that, in time, you will not be able to turn on a 360 and redownload your purchases. It won't be on release of the new console, or perhaps even in the first couple of years, but it'll happen.

They've not said it.

But they will do. Absolute racing certainty that, in time, you will not be able to turn on a 360 and redownload your purchases. It won't be on release of the new console, or perhaps even in the first couple of years, but it'll happen.

So the same thing most companies do then? Like Apple and the early Iphones. They have to turn it off sometime.

**** that.. 

Yes. You could just keep your old 360. I can see it being a problem for some people.

You're right, I have loads of room.

**** that.. 

But if you choose to buy a PS4, you would keep your 360 to play your XBLA games anyway?

Edited by Daniel

**** that.. 

But if you choose to buy a PS4, you would keep your 360 to play your XBLA games anyway?

No, but I would get an Xbox One if a) it didn't spy, b ) didn't have to connect each day c) I could turn off the mic, d) Would let me at least keep the XBLA games I had already purchased (that is not a deal breaker, the previous criticisms are) and e) that I could play pre-owned games and not pay a premium, not mention e) my PS+ subscription on my Vita would also benefit me on PS4, f) The thing is **** huge.

Obvious to see the Xbox fails me in many different ways,

Edited by dodgyknees

**** that.. 

No, but I would get an Xbox One if a) it didn't spy, b ) didn't have to connect each day c) I could turn off the mic, d) Would let me at least keep the XBLA games I had already purchased (that is not a deal breaker, the previous criticisms are) and e) that I could play pre-owned games and not pay a premium, not mention e) my PS+ subscription on my Vita would also benefit me on PS4, f) The thing is **** huge.

Obvious to see the Xbox fails me in many different ways,

Most of the things you mentioned are also the things stopping me getting one right now. They already said you can turn the mic on the Kinect off. As for the camera spying on you, ill just get some tape over that bad boy :D. The 100% deal breaker for me is the pre owned games. If they make some sort of market place where you could sell your game over Xbox live and at a price set by you, then i'd be all for it.

Edited by Daniel

That is the main deal breaker for me, I get 90% of my games pre-owned.

I do not trust MS right now, the spying thing is freaky to say the least, both the girlfriend and I walk around naked, my house, my privacy and my space is mine, MS do not own that.

Another thing that's come up on the preowned front. Theres a lot of talk of the system they have for allowing a licence transfer (which is that you would walk into Game, they would let you trade in the game, there would then be a system that notifies Microsoft that that licence has been traded to allow it to be used again, Game would then sell the disc and kick back a cut to Microsoft who distribute a further cut to the publisher etc etc) being with 'retail partners'.

2 things.

That system effectively chops off your ability to flog the thing yourself if they don't have any further user to user system.

And secondly, as games retailer rag MVC has noted this week, they don't appear to have spoken to smaller retailers about this whole system at all - indie retailers have all pretty much said they're as in the dark as anyone. I don't put it past Microsoft to basically monopolise the market in trading their games by only creating partnerships with certain retailers - i.e. Game and the supermarkets over here.

Of course, all of this just discussion of a 'potential scenario', as Microsoft's PR would put it (sweeping up after an exec said something different, obviously).

I didn't think of that, I am going to give my friend a ring, he works in a local 'indie' shop (which has been opened longer than the local gamestation!) I'll see if he has had anything come through.

Most of the things you mentioned are also the things stopping me getting one right now. They already said you can turn the mic on the Kinect off. As for the camera spying on you, ill just get some tape over that bad boy :D. The 100% deal breaker for me is the pre owned games. If they make some sort of market place where you could sell your game over Xbox live and at a price set by you, then i'd be all for it.

If you tape over the camera, you probably won't be able to use the Xbox media player as a media player.

My friend hasn't heard a sniff about what will happen but is 'concerned about the effect it could have, as a lot of the money they make is on pre-owned' he also said he might just 'concentrate on older consoles and not stock Xbox One or PS4'

I just dealt with an angry sales assistant in Game!

Bught a few cheap vita games, got to the till, transaction went through

'do you want to preorder the ps4'

- no thank you

'we are taking a list of people, who want Xbox one, can we put you on it? '

- no thanks

'why?'

- I'm not keen on it, from the pre owned games thing, to spying and the size of it

'aarrhh none of that is true, shall we take your name? '

- no, I've seen the quotes, from Ms, I don't want one

' they were misquoted, four different people said different things, we can put your name down to keep you informed

I finally got away, but what a **** fanboy..

Â