The bowling topic

Dante_Lockhart

Really enjoy bowing but only for fun, haven't bowled in about 3 years, used to always score around the 130 in an average game but I have scored over 220 twice, 224 and 241, when we used to bowl as a family the kids used to make me bowl left handed to even things up a little but i've still bowled a score over 120 left handed. The day I bowled 241 was as part of a christmas party, a guy in the next lane was Ten pin bowling for the first time and scored 214, but he was a very very good at crown green bowls. might break that absence with a game over the next week or two thinking about it.

a guy in the next lane was Ten pin bowling for the first time and scored 214, but he was a very very good at crown green bowls.

I'm no expert, but isn't that like saying "Jonah Lomu played football for the first time and scored a double hat trick, but he was very very good at rugby"?

Ten Pin and Crown Green are hardly the same thign are they?

a guy in the next lane was Ten pin bowling for the first time and scored 214, but he was a very very good at crown green bowls.

I'm no expert, but isn't that like saying "Jonah Lomu played football for the first time and scored a double hat trick, but he was very very good at rugby"?

Ten Pin and Crown Green are hardly the same thign are they?

It's the same motion but a different ball release/reaction. I struggled with my motion/follow through originally but once I had that down my scores have improved. So whilst it is different it's similar... if that makes sense. I'm quite good at Crown Green. I used to hustle all the old people at my Granddads caravan site.

943207461d1273267601-o-600107-oh_you_super.jpg

Anyway, league match went well. I maintained a 157 average across 3 games, although my highest was 188 where-as my lowest was 136, so inconsistency there. Got a 160 average the week before so it's there or there abouts. Once I get used to the extra weight I'm hoping to add another 10 to my average so a 170 is my target.

Tonight is the game of the season for us.

Me and my best mate v my brother and his best mate. They're quite good too, could easily win the league if they were consistent. I reckon we can give them a good game though, and depending who turns up, win.

• 4 weeks later...

My boy had a laserquest and bowling party for his birthday the other week

one of the kids bowled the first 2 and then we then realised he was already playing on the other lane and as we couldn't remove his name I bowled his remaining 9

rather embarrassingly i came in on 178 points , was just using a 10lb ball and bowling quickly just to speed the game along but had my line so that I hit the front pin at an angle every time ... probably would have had over 200 but for a load of 7 year olds trying to put me off me off on my last turn so i didn't make the 200 ...

wasn't taking it seriously initially and probably why i was relaxed and my line was good but then was slightly miffed to miss the 200 at the end ..pesky kids

Woking has an awesome laserquest/bowling centre.

i won at that as well ... i tried so hard not to be an over competitive dad and I blew it

tbf one of the kids started crying and when i went over to help him the little fu**er shot me and ran off so i made it my mission in life to hunt him down like a dog :-)

Â