The bowling topic

Dante_Lockhart

Figured since I'm bowling in a league now I'd make a topic where we can all discuss bowling fun (don't expect many people to post though >_>)

So yeah, this is my new ball 'Vivian'

ndmzko.jpg

In last nights league game (it's a doubles league) I got a personal best 197 game and 481 series (3 games combined score). Averaged 160 over the 3 games. I got a 123 in the first game which let me down big style but I had a new ball to get used to so I'm blaming that ;)

Hopefully roll the good bowling over to next weeks game. I've set myself a bar now. 200 shall be beaten!

I don't bowl regularly, and don't think of myself as very good at it.

But I've bowled a 213 before.

Any proper bowlers I've ever told this too have been very annoyed by it!

The only thing annoying about it is the fact you don't think you're any good! lol.

Heathrow bowl used to do a thing called Dawn raiders on a sat morning 8 - 10 am 50p a frame

used to go with a couple of mates and had an average around 170 with the odd 200 + every now and then ..one morning my mate scored something around 278 ..he was on for the 300 at one point but choked with everyone stopping to watch him

Not been for yonks and went with my boy the other day and struggled to get over a 100 :-(

It's spares that get me. In 30 frames I left 20 open last week. 8 strikes, so that's only 2 spares picked up.

Last night I left 11 open frames in 30, so a definite improvement. If I can start picking a few more up then my average will take a huge jump again. It jumped by 40 pins last night (120 the week before, 160 last night) so it's amazing how your score can improve by picking them up.

I love ten pin bowling, but tend to veer between being absolute gash or pretty darn good. Think my best ever score is about 170ish, but I'd be just as likely to get something crap like 90 the game after.

Â