The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Just out of interest, has anyone got friends or people they know who actually think he is being treated unfairly?

I ask this because I find it hard to believe anybody actually supports him.

He has definitely been treated unfairly, just read some of the bile on here. Or ask the people who turned up at VP before his appointment. But he has failed, badly, and should be removed for that reason alone.

Were he to stay, I can't see next season being as bad as this, and if he were to convert 8 of our draws to victories, then we are suddenly respectable. A big 'if' though!

I want him to go, but if he is our manager next season, then he will get my support.

I haven't been a 'McLeish clapper' this past few months, but I am willing to learn :D

Awwww! Lerner is a lucky boy he has fans like you.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a season ticket for 30 years. Normally I re-new the week after the season has finished. This year I am going to wait as long as possible before I make my decision in the hope that Randolph may act. However, I am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Even though I want Eck out, it will be very hard to stop re-newing.

And therein lies the financial guarantee that Lerner is looking for.

No matter how badly he runs the club, no matter how shit the product, there will always be someone that will buy it because they are addicted.

Not a personal criticism, just a fact.

Addiction is a good analogy. You know it is not doing you any good, but it is very hard to give it up.

We haven't had ST's since MON left, but have got 2 for next year

I don't think I could just stop going, regardless of who's in charge or how dire the football is

Collymore saying on TalkSPORT Mcleish should leave, he is finally seeing the light.

But he is also saying we hate Mcleish because he came from Birmingham City, he should know better. :x

i heard 3 blokes before the game in the holte end say he should have another crack at it cus his had bad luck with injurys.

he does, incredibly still have some support amongst the fans.

Was this just before they walked off to take up their seats in the Trinity Road stand with the other McLeish clappers?

Ha ha, I was in C4 yesterday, it is very pro McLeish down there, Its a totally different vibe to say the North Lower where I've spent much of the season

I entirely disagree.

Fine, at least that is a little more polite than you managed in your last post.

My point still stands who was he going to replace the problematic players with. You mention Cuellar, yet wasn't Cuellar injured?

You barely had a point to be honest. Your point was invalid because you incorrectly thought he was talking about modern day United which clearly wasn't the case.

You say who was he going to replace him with? Yes Ceullar missed some games through injury but he could have played more games than he did. And as I've previously stated he could have spent some of the money he spent on Hutton and N'Zogbia on a CB couldn't he. Which would have enabled Cuellar or Lichaj to play at RB.

He had choices to make in the summer and made bad decisions.

I see your back to the same old misguided argument again about having money to spend. Yet this time you now say he should have spent it on a centreback and if i remember last time it was on a fullback. So maybe he should have spent the 20m on a new team? You are also forgetting that some of his budget had to be spent on Given.

You might think its misguided but that is far from meaning it is. It isn't all that long ago that you were defending McLeish on here while you seem to think that Fergie's time at United started in the last decade.

For the record I don't believe I said "he should have bought a full back" what I actually said was that he shouldn't have bought a right back because we had options in that position and we could do with players in other positions. As an example I mentioned the lack of options at LB.

The point is that he had options in the summer and he made his decisions, he decided to by a RB. He could have done something about the "problem" players who it seems everyone agrees (amongst others) are Warnock, Dunne and Collins yet he opted not to replace them or to sign anyone to put them under pressure for their place.

The point is he had money and he made his choices and those choices were to not do anything about replacing these supposed problems in the team. So you can't turn around a few months later and claim he couldn't do something about them.

As for this "buy a whole new team" line, that is frankly childish and the sort of comment someone makes when they are incapable of making a case for their argument which about sums your last few posts up.

I'm not quite sure how you reach the conclusion I'd forgotten about Given either. You are wrong on that by the way, I'll just add it to the list. Given was a good signing, a good use of resources although the contract he was given was nothing short of stupid.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i didn't see Hutton or N'Zogbia being mentioned recently as problematic!

Not really sure what your point is here. The point is Hutton is a player with a past for drink related issues so is hardly the sort of player you sign if you are trying to sort out a dressing room while N'Zogbia has a long history of problematic behaviour both here and throughout his career.

As far as the point about Man U is concerned Ferguson had the full financial might of his club to replace those players whether it was in the 80s or present day so either way the poster i commented on was talking bollocks!

Full financial weight? Are you old enough to actually have a clue what you are talking about? Man United in the mid 80's were nothing like the modern day incarnation of the club. It is though irrelevant, Fergie as the original poster suggested arrived at United and did something about the problematic players unlike McLeish who rather did the opposite and signed a couple more.

Collymore saying on TalkSPORT Mcleish should leave, he is finally seeing the light.

But he is also saying we hate Mcleish because he came from Birmingham City, he should know better. :x

Collymore is a prick. Anyone read his bit in the programme from yesterday's game? He blamed the fans for the Bolton loss.

No Mantis, ive said that a new manager needs at least 2 years, but given how shocking bad we have been this season and the fans feeling towards the manager then any sensible person would sack him now.

I was against sacking him 5 games ago because that would just have been disruptive in our survival chances.

None of this means i wanted him as manager though. I dont know why youre so determined to make out otherwise. It was a disaster from the start and we shouldnt even be in this situation talking about alex **** mcleish

You've clearly changed your tune (which is good) but a few weeks ago you were talking about how he should get another season. How does that not count as wanting him?

All I'm doing is refuting your claim that nobody ever wanted him.

I've quite regularly disagreed with stu_the_villan on various things not least the belief he should be given a 2nd year however to be fair Mantis on this point I agree with him.

He never wanted him and has to my knowledge never said he wants him to be our manager. He has said he should be given a 2nd season because he believes all managers should be which is a different stance altogether.

Just out of interest, has anyone got friends or people they know who actually think he is being treated unfairly?

I ask this because I find it hard to believe anybody actually supports him.

He has definitely been treated unfairly, just read some of the bile on here. Or ask the people who turned up at VP before his appointment. But he has failed, badly, and should be removed for that reason alone.

Were he to stay, I can't see next season being as bad as this, and if he were to convert 8 of our draws to victories, then we are suddenly respectable. A big 'if' though!

I want him to go, but if he is our manager next season, then he will get my support.

I haven't been a 'McLeish clapper' this past few months, but I am willing to learn :D

Awwww! Lerner is a lucky boy he has fans like you.

Nice try, but I'm just an ordinary Villa fan. I was before the owner arrived, and will be after he has gone-if I live that long!

Collymore is a prick. Anyone read his bit in the programme from yesterday's game? He blamed the fans for the Bolton loss.

All he said was that the mood changed after boltons 2 goals and it didn't help the players to fight their way back

I don't think you can argue with that

As far as the point about Man U is concerned Ferguson had the full financial might of his club to replace those players whether it was in the 80s or present day so either way the poster i commented on was talking bollocks!

Full financial weight? Are you old enough to actually have a clue what you are talking about? Man United in the mid 80's were nothing like the modern day incarnation of the club. It is though irrelevant, Fergie as the original poster suggested arrived at United and did something about the problematic players unlike McLeish who rather did the opposite and signed a couple more.

What was that you were saying about talking bollocks?

It's all relative, and Manure were the richest club then, which is why they could go and wipe out the midfield of a better club(West Brom) with a single stroke of the cheque book.

That was the problem, they were the richest club, but couldn't win the league, which is why the Premier League was created.

I think that one of McLeishe's biggest mistakes was appointing Peter Grant. He was unpopular at Albion, unpopular at Blues, unpopular at Celtic and is unpopular here. Perhaps if McLeish had chosen somebody different things may have been better.

Unfortunately, it is too late because we have all made our minds up that the pair of them have to go.

I reckon Alex won't be going anywhere as it was part of the deal when he signed..

This is why the club are so quiet on the issue... they knew all along?! :|

It all points to him staying. Reduce season ticket prices in some areas to get disgruntled fans to renew early. Fans are sleepwalking into another McLeish season.

Everything about the club in the last 12 months pisses me off. They called Spurs 'aristocrats' on the OS, it's embarrassing.

Agree, lowering expectations of fans is another key point too.

This is why me, my Father and my Brother won't renew! They are taking us for mugs and we won't stand for it. We understand there are die hard supporters but we feel the only way to make a difference is to stay away.

Good luck to you Randy if you can afford it but whilst being stubborn you are killing my club.

No Mantis, ive said that a new manager needs at least 2 years, but given how shocking bad we have been this season and the fans feeling towards the manager then any sensible person would sack him now.

I was against sacking him 5 games ago because that would just have been disruptive in our survival chances.

None of this means i wanted him as manager though. I dont know why youre so determined to make out otherwise. It was a disaster from the start and we shouldnt even be in this situation talking about alex **** mcleish

You've clearly changed your tune (which is good) but a few weeks ago you were talking about how he should get another season. How does that not count as wanting him?

All I'm doing is refuting your claim that nobody ever wanted him.

I've quite regularly disagreed with stu_the_villan on various things not least the belief he should be given a 2nd year however to be fair Mantis on this point I agree with him.

He never wanted him and has to my knowledge never said he wants him to be our manager. He has said he should be given a 2nd season because he believes all managers should be which is a different stance altogether.

How does that not count as wanting him though?

All he said was that the mood changed after boltons 2 goals and it didn't help the players to fight their way back

I don't think you can argue with that

He didn't just say that. He also went on to say that this "mood change" was just as much to blame for us not winning the game.

I wasn't at the game, but I heard the fans actually got behind the team well even after Bolton's second?

From recollection the mood changed on about 75 mins

Stan said the mood change affected our chances of getting back into the game, not winning it

I wasn't at the game, but I heard the fans actually got behind the team well even after Bolton's second?

They did indeed.

The fans didn't change till about the 86th minute when it was clear we were not gonna get anything from the game.

Ranieri favorite to get WBA job. Also @AgentITK on twitter reports Villa have had contact with Lambert. Has some high profile followers. Not a prolific tweeter though so not sure of authenticity! We live in hope though!

What was that you were saying about talking bollocks?

It's all relative, and Manure were the richest club then, which is why they could go and wipe out the midfield of a better club(West Brom) with a single stroke of the cheque book.

That was the problem, they were the richest club, but couldn't win the league, which is why the Premier League was created.

I think that is probably debatable with Liverpool at the time of Fergie's arrival but that is one for another thread. The point being made though still applies.

Â