The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

McLeishian (adj) 1 contrary to common sense in both actions and words

2. survival in a job against the odds, often in spite of glaring errors

1. That man is McLeishian in his religious beliefs

2. How Jeremy Hunt remains in the job is beyond me, it's almost McLeishian.

:lol:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard 3 blokes before the game in the holte end say he should have another crack at it cus his had bad luck with injurys.

he does, incredibly still have some support amongst the fans.

Was this just before they walked off to take up their seats in the Trinity Road stand with the other McLeish clappers?

I still refuse to believe that people in the Trinity Road Stand clap McLeish. Are you sure it's not the players they're clapping? He got booed when he came out of the tunnel yesterday before the game.

meanwhile .. what is the plan to make sure McLeish isn't here next season

Villa have been spamming me with calls and emails all season , i shall start spamming them to make my feelings clear

perhaps everyone else could do the same .. keep it respectful but just inform the club you wont set foot inside Villa park until mcLeish and his brand of football has gone from the club

Lerner may be an idiot , but hopefully he even knows how not to throw away his inheritance

This is more like it. Instead of bickering between ourselves we should be looking at what options are open to us. We're safe now so there should be no dithering whether to back protests or not. I can't contemplate another season with McLeish in charge.

Any Villa fan that thinks McLeish should be given another season, Is Insane.

So Doug Ellis is insane then! I thought so.

i heard 3 blokes before the game in the holte end say he should have another crack at it cus his had bad luck with injurys.

I find that hard to believe. I do not know any Villa fans who want him to stay. I sit in the North stand and everybody around me is moaning about him and want him out.

if i knew i needed evidence id have used a Dictaphone :D .

they might have been the only ones in the stadium with that opinion, but the general vibe of there conversation was he should get another season because of the shit his had this season

I wouldn't use that to phone, it might get messy.

Was this just before they walked off to take up their seats in the Trinity Road stand with the other McLeish clappers?

I still refuse to believe that people in the Trinity Road Stand clap McLeish. Are you sure it's not the players they're clapping? He got booed when he came out of the tunnel yesterday before the game.

Not entirely sure you will have to ask CI for a definitive answer but he seems to think that nobody around him in C4 were booing and from my vantage point over in lower Doug Ellis I cannot see or hear as much as him.

meanwhile .. what is the plan to make sure McLeish isn't here next season

Villa have been spamming me with calls and emails all season , i shall start spamming them to make my feelings clear

perhaps everyone else could do the same .. keep it respectful but just inform the club you wont set foot inside Villa park until mcLeish and his brand of football has gone from the club

Lerner may be an idiot , but hopefully he even knows how not to throw away his inheritance

This is more like it. Instead of bickering between ourselves we should be looking at what options are open to us. We're safe now so there should be no dithering whether to back protests or not. I can't contemplate another season with McLeish in charge.
But protests will make us look "smalltime" :bang: :bonk:

Hardly any protest in the lower Trinity, I was in C7 and they were clapping McLeish going into the tunnel and he clapped back no one said anything against him. Ive said before, we get carried away on here, but there are many people who are happy just to go to games and support the crap he serves! We know season tickets are down but there are still plenty being bought even fans on here, might be 50% who have renewed already.

We know season tickets are down but there are still plenty being bought even fans on here, might be 50% who have renewed already.

Yep, I'm hoping to pick up a couple of prime season tickets from non-renewing protestors :winkold:

I sit in the Lower North and have not met a single person that doesn't want him gone. People are always shouting angrily at him (myself included) throughout the game as well.

I'm still of the opinion that McLeish will be gone pretty soon after the Norwich game.

When he did the post match interview Pat Murphy (who seemingly loathes Villa after we parted company with his mate MON) he very much steered the conversation towards the future. McLeish is hardly going to say that he does not know whether he has a job next season. To me it was very much the last hurrah of a defiant man.

My recollection from the MON years which both MON and Lerner separately confirmed was that they sat down after the season was over and reviewed it in detail. MON said he could not confirm whether he would still be the manager until that review had taken place. I doubt that has changed as given until yesterday we did not even know what league we would be in.

The reason McLeish will go is money. People keep saying the club will not spend the money paying him off. Frankly £4m to get rid is cheap compared top what we have lost revenue wise and will lose next season. I've posted this before but we have and will have lost probably £15m of revenue under his tenure.

That's not even thinking about relegation. We will stay up because there are worse sides in the league which was luckily for McLeish as our form has been relegation all season. He has lost the fans completely and if any of the rumours are to be believed he has lost some of the players too.

I just can't believe Lerner does not see this particularly if he does want to sell up at some point.

Only thing which is now worrying me Harry is whether there is an agreement in place between Alex & Randy that he is bulletproof this season.. As in when he signed his contract it was known this would be a very difficult season..(hence the silence). Well under those circumstances if i was Alex i would have sought assurances that i would be given time to turn it around once the wage issue was addressed ....wouldn't you?

I actually think that it was agreed that whatever the outcome this season Alex would be given the chance this summer to rebuild.. He would in my opinion have been barmy to sign a contract otherwise as it was certain we would be going downhill this season... This is why Randy the General et al did a disappearing act!! They knew this season was coming long before we did!

So

Randy comes armed with a budget to get us Champions League.

MON gets close but buys badly & doesn't rotate the squad effectively meaning we tail off in the last quarter of just about every season he was here (& now identically at Sunderland i may add).

So we miss the extra ££££'s from Champions League meaning the wage bill is unsustainable.

Randy Tells MON we have to adjust the plan accordingly vitually guaranteeing a downward curve for a few seasons as we await contracts to run out etc.

Mon walks as he will not tolerate his reputation being damaged.

Houllier comes in to help steady the ship, bring youngsters through, reduce wages & provide a better style of football than MON's brand as the fans had shown their disliking of it...

We never really see the result of this due to Houlliers Health problems.

Houllier leaves & despite Randy's attempts to get various managers in he fails as they will not buy into the plan to decimate the squad & thus damage their reputation.

So Running out of options Randy settles on Alex McCleish but Alex insists on a clause guaranteeing him immunity from the sack due to the poisonous nature of the post

All & sundry know it is going to be a horrid season & the General steps down knowing he will be facing a barrage of abuse.. A wall of silence decends as the club batten down the hatches ready for the season from hell.

2012..May ..We survive by the skin of our teeth.

Now Alex looks forward to the summer knowing the horrid 1st season is out of the way & at last several players contracts will run out & he can finally start to put his stamp on the team...

You get the picture...

This is just how i see the events of the Randy era.

I reckon Alex won't be going anywhere as it was part of the deal when he signed..

This is why the club are so quiet on the issue... they knew all along?! :|

I could of course be completely wrong & he will indeed be gone after Norwich away :lol:

Hardly any protest in the lower Trinity, I was in C7 and they were clapping McLeish going into the tunnel and he clapped back no one said anything against him. Ive said before, we get carried away on here, but there are many people who are happy just to go to games and support the crap he serves! We know season tickets are down but there are still plenty being bought even fans on here, might be 50% who have renewed already.

I have had a season ticket for 30 years. Normally I re-new the week after the season has finished. This year I am going to wait as long as possible before I make my decision in the hope that Randolph may act. However, I am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Even though I want Eck out, it will be very hard to stop re-newing.

We know season tickets are down but there are still plenty being bought even fans on here, might be 50% who have renewed already.

Yep, I'm hoping to pick up a couple of prime season tickets from non-renewing protestors :winkold:

I've got two that you can have.

Only 19 games on the clock, MOT has just run out but I have it on good authority from a Scottish bloke that given time, a little TLC and some reinvestment they could be useful again in August.

I've never had a season ticket (I live down south) but me and my step dad have decided that we might as well get one but ONLY once McLeish goes. Literally the minute McLeish is gone the club are going to see a sudden surge of people buying/renewing season tickets. Surely they realise this?

I reckon Alex won't be going anywhere as it was part of the deal when he signed..

It all points to him staying. Reduce season ticket prices in some areas to get disgruntled fans to renew early. Fans are sleepwalking into another McLeish season.

Everything about the club in the last 12 months pisses me off. They called Spurs 'aristocrats' on the OS, it's embarrassing.

It all points to him staying. Reduce season ticket prices in some areas to get disgruntled fans to renew early. Fans are sleepwalking into another McLeish season.

Everything about the club in the last 12 months pisses me off. They called Spurs 'aristocrats' on the OS, it's embarrassing.

Agree, lowering expectations of fans is another key point too.

I have had a season ticket for 30 years. Normally I re-new the week after the season has finished. This year I am going to wait as long as possible before I make my decision in the hope that Randolph may act. However, I am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Even though I want Eck out, it will be very hard to stop re-newing.

And therein lies the financial guarantee that Lerner is looking for.

No matter how badly he runs the club, no matter how shit the product, there will always be someone that will buy it because they are addicted.

Not a personal criticism, just a fact.

Just out of interest, has anyone got friends or people they know who actually think he is being treated unfairly?

I ask this because I find it hard to believe anybody actually supports him.

He has definitely been treated unfairly, just read some of the bile on here. Or ask the people who turned up at VP before his appointment. But he has failed, badly, and should be removed for that reason alone.

Were he to stay, I can't see next season being as bad as this, and if he were to convert 8 of our draws to victories, then we are suddenly respectable. A big 'if' though!

I want him to go, but if he is our manager next season, then he will get my support.

I haven't been a 'McLeish clapper' this past few months, but I am willing to learn :D

Â