The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Think McLeish was afraid to take Zog off due to the potential reaction of the fans ?

You might be right, however, all three subs had already been made as we lost Heskey and Hutton at the same time, then Wiemann. If he HAD subbed N'Zogbia yesterday (before the injuries), I might have stood up and applauded!! He was shocking :lol:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie sorry don't buy that about Collins, we had set our stalk out to defend and against 10men my lord that is just the man all over! He is a bottler not once has he apologised to fans this season, he has effectively told us he did us a favour by keeping us up! Players need to be inspired by managers, he is a shit manager and it's constantly being proven and looking to bring in the likes of Guthrie and Andy Johnson says it all about the man!

Spoke to someone at the club before yesterday's game and he pretty much backed up what MM has said on here. Just outside the Trinity Road gates were the McLeish Out protesters and their banners.

"If only they knew the truth" were his words "maybe they should move inside the gates by the players car park & do some protesting there!"

Anyone notice Kevin MacDonald squeeze McLeish's arm during the game on TV on the bench, in a nice touch of support from someone who knows AVFC inside out.

So what is this guy at the club saying, that it is the fault of the players and not McLeish? We all know there are rotten apples at the club, but the manager has got to sort it out. For example, if some players are causing problems they should be dropped and others put in their place. Fergie soon sorted out the drinking culture at Manure.

This is the sort of ill informed bollocks that i would expect to hear from the media and not a villa fan.

Who the word removed has he to replace those players with? Do you expect McLeish to start up his footballer machine and create Premiership players out of thin air to replace those that are apparently causing trouble?

You use Fergie at Man U as some sort of example. Last time i looked, Manchester United had a squad full of quality players who have won many trophies over the past ten years so Ferguson was able to ship the drinking culture out of the club and replace those players with the same quality.

Stop talking out of your backside man!

Actually he has a point certainly more of a point than you do in regards Man Utd!

The Man Utd of today is irrelevant he is talking about the club as it was in e mid 80's when Fergie arrived and he shipped out McGrath and Whiteside two of t heir most talented but most problematic players.

He made examples of them and set standards that he expected for both existing and future players.

I'm sure McLeish inherited problems with the players at the club but in contrast to Fergie he didn't push them out the club. In fact in terms of Collins and Dunne they have been key players under him at the expense of the far more professional and consistent Cuellar.

You say he can't magically create players and you are right butb then he has had money to spend and he has largely wasted it. What is worse is that he has compounded the problems he inherited by signing problematic characters like Hutton and N'Zogbia!

So no he isn't talking bollocks, quite the opposite.

Thank you for this reply because I couldn't have put it better myself.

When McLeish arrived he could have replaced Dunne, Collins and Warnock with Cuellar, Clark and Lichaj.

If he didn't think they were good enough he had nearly 20 million to spend. There were also the likes of Gareth McAuley who went to WBA on a free. Although not a great player he would have provided much needed competition for places.

When Fergie arrived he didn't have a squad full of quality players to replace the likes of McGrath and Whiteside, but he decided it was in the best interests of the team to get rid of them.

I am prepared to accept that McLeish may have wanted to give all players a fair crack of the whip, but he had enough time and money to make sure that he was not reliant on players who are over-paid and under-performing.

Don't forget N'Zogbia was a player that McLeish almost signed for SHA and at the 11th hour N'Zogbia changed his mind and asked for more money so the signing was cancelled.

Now you would have thought that McLeish would have learnt something about the man after this had been done to him but he still went ahead and signed him for Villa!

N'Zogbia = less talented version of Tevez.

N'Zogbia = less talented version of Tevez.

less talented version? there not apart of the same scale, the zog for all his terrible football this season, would need to improve 100x over to even be a less talented version of tevez

Lol tevez and N'zogbia are Universes apart.

Agreed.

My point related to them both being overpaid, moody, selfish, uninterested in the good of the team type players.

meanwhile .. what is the plan to make sure McLeish isn't here next season

Villa have been spamming me with calls and emails all season , i shall start spamming them to make my feelings clear

perhaps everyone else could do the same .. keep it respectful but just inform the club you wont set foot inside Villa park until mcLeish and his brand of football has gone from the club

Lerner may be an idiot , but hopefully he even knows how not to throw away his inheritance

Spoke to someone at the club before yesterday's game and he pretty much backed up what MM has said on here. Just outside the Trinity Road gates were the McLeish Out protesters and their banners.

"If only they knew the truth" were his words "maybe they should move inside the gates by the players car park & do some protesting there!"

Anyone notice Kevin MacDonald squeeze McLeish's arm during the game on TV on the bench, in a nice touch of support from someone who knows AVFC inside out.

So what is this guy at the club saying, that it is the fault of the players and not McLeish? We all know there are rotten apples at the club, but the manager has got to sort it out. For example, if some players are causing problems they should be dropped and others put in their place. Fergie soon sorted out the drinking culture at Manure.

This is the sort of ill informed bollocks that i would expect to hear from the media and not a villa fan.

Who the word removed has he to replace those players with? Do you expect McLeish to start up his footballer machine and create Premiership players out of thin air to replace those that are apparently causing trouble?

You use Fergie at Man U as some sort of example. Last time i looked, Manchester United had a squad full of quality players who have won many trophies over the past ten years so Ferguson was able to ship the drinking culture out of the club and replace those players with the same quality.

Actually he has a point certainly more of a point than you do in regards Man Utd!

The Man Utd of today is irrelevant he is talking about the club as it was in e mid 80's when Fergie arrived and he shipped out McGrath and Whiteside two of t heir most talented but most problematic players.

He made examples of them and set standards that he expected for both existing and future players.

I'm sure McLeish inherited problems with the players at the club but in contrast to Fergie he didn't push them out the club. In fact in terms of Collins and Dunne they have been key players under him at the expense of the far more professional and consistent Cuellar.

You say he can't magically create players and you are right butb then he has had money to spend and he has largely wasted it. What is worse is that he has compounded the problems he inherited by signing problematic characters like Hutton and N'Zogbia!

I entirely disagree.

My point still stands who was he going to replace the problematic players with. You mention Cuellar, yet wasn't Cuellar injured?

I see your back to the same old misguided argument again about having money to spend. Yet this time you now say he should have spent it on a centreback and if i remember last time it was on a fullback. So maybe he should have spent the 20m on a new team? You are also forgetting that some of his budget had to be spent on Given.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i didn't see Hutton or N'Zogbia being mentioned recently as problematic!

As far as the point about Man U is concerned Ferguson had the full financial might of his club to replace those players whether it was in the 80s or present day so either way the poster i commented on was talking bollocks!

Has anybody said they want him? Ever??
Err, you? :P

Think McLeish was afraid to take Zog off due to the potential reaction of the fans ?
What are you on about?

show me where i said that. The ignorance of some people here is mind blowing. Saying that the players must take some of the blame somehow equates to me wanting mcleish to remain in the job??

Idiot.

Has anybody said they want him? Ever??
Err, you? :P

What are you on about?

show me where i said that. The ignorance of some people here is mind blowing. Saying that the players must take some of the blame somehow equates to me wanting mcleish to remain in the job??

Idiot.

I wasn't referring to your comments on how the players should take some of the blame. That's very true.

However, you have come out in the past and stated your opposition to getting rid of McLeish and how he should be given another season.

No need to resort to personal insults.

Let's do a poll on here to ask whether he should go or stay?

For me GO!

Polls have been done before.

1) Majority want him gone.

2) Polls get locked because posters don't observe the guidelines.

3) Nobody at VP takes any notice.

Can't see any more polls on this topic being created.

First off, sorry for the insult. Ive stated in the past that any manager needs time, is that not true? Doesnt mean that if Lerner sacked mcleish in Jan i would have been up in arms about it. Of course i wouldnt. Id be fookin delighted. Im hoping he goes now because its just not working. Im still adamant that the squad is shite and need to take part of the blame though.

That doesnt mean i want or ever wanted mcleish to be our manager

I entirely disagree.

My point still stands who was he going to replace the problematic players with. You mention Cuellar, yet wasn't Cuellar injured?

I see your back to the same old misguided argument again about having money to spend. Yet this time you now say he should have spent it on a centreback and if i remember last time it was on a fullback. So maybe he should have spent the 20m on a new team? You are also forgetting that some of his budget had to be spent on Given.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i didn't see Hutton or N'Zogbia being mentioned recently as problematic!

As far as the point about Man U is concerned Ferguson had the full financial might of his club to replace those players whether it was in the 80s or present day so either way the poster i commented on was talking bollocks!

I would never want to accuse a Villa fan who takes the trouble to write on VT of talking bollocks, but McLeish did not have to spend £5 million on Given and offer him a five year contract on £50 grand per week. He could have let Guzan have a chance to prove himself.

If you think that he spent that £20 million wisely I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree.

First off, sorry for the insult. Ive stated in the past that any manager needs time, is that not true? Doesnt mean that if Lerner sacked mcleish in Jan i would have been up in arms about it. Of course i wouldnt. Id be fookin delighted. Im hoping he goes now because its just not working. Im still adamant that the squad is shite and need to take part of the blame though.

That doesnt mean i want or ever wanted mcleish to be our manager

Of course managers need time, but you have said before that McLeish deserves another season, which surely means that you did want him?

Â