The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we really miss Milner and with Petrov out we're going to miss him even more. I still resent him a little for leaving for City but I honestly believe we should go all out to try and get him.

Milner is a model pro, touched drink at 16 and decided he would wait till the end of his career to try it again. Great centre midfielder in the making, not sure Man City is his club, but lets be honest, Villa would be a massive backward step adn could we afford him anyway

Aston Villa supporters pay for advert urging Alex McLeish to go

The problems continue to pile up for Alex McLeish after it emerged that Aston Villa supporters have taken the unprecedented step of paying for an advert on the back page of Saturday's Birmingham Mail expressing discontent to the board about the manager's postion. The advert, which was taken out by members of the Villa Supporter's Group 'My Old Man Said' (MOMS) cost £600 and carries the line "We were really hoping never to say this but... WE TOLD YOU SO". MOMS was formed in the wake of the initial protest against McLeish's appointment last summer and has picked up 3,500 members on Facebook. The group has also been campaigning for a Villa v Celtic charity match for Stilian Petrov, who was diagnosed with leukaemia at the end of March.

A backdrop of more fan dissatisfaction is just about the last thing McLeish needs ahead of Sunday's crucial home game against Tottenham Hotspur and on the back of the unsavoury events off the field earlier this week that saw Chris Herd, James Collins and Fabian Delph involved in a drunken brawl outside a Birmingham nightclub after the club's end-of-season awards ceremony.

McLeish described the latter incident as a "slur on the club" and said that the trio, who have all publicly apologised, "owe the Villa fans a massive performance". It is quite possible, however, that none of them will start against Spurs. Delph has been on the periphery for some time, Collins has only just resumed training after recovering from a groin injury and it would not be a surprise if McLeish felt that Herd should lose his place as well as two weeks' wages. Collins has also been fined a fortnight's money while Delph, who was sober and has claimed that he was acting as a peacemaker, is believed to have been docked a week's pay.

It has been a hugely embarrassing episode for Villa at a time when the club are fighting relegation and emotions are running high among the supporters. "We won't tolerate that kind of behaviour," McLeish said. "It's a slur on the club. I feel for Randy Lerner [the club's owner], for the fans of Aston Villa FC. The players have got to show some respect for themselves and for their profession."

McLeish had a problem with Ben Foster and Colin Doyle 12 months ago, when he was in charge of Birmingham and the club were embroiled in a relegation scrap, although on that occasion the players had been out partying but had not got into any trouble.

He said that he never anticipated for one moment that he would have an issue with the Villa players on Monday night. "There was alcohol in the suite but not on the players' tables. I thought, naively perhaps, that they would all just go home. I left quite early to drive home. I was shocked to hear the news in the morning. I think the expectations were that they wouldn't do it.

"I would have thought they would have seen what happened last year at Birmingham and wouldn't have even thought about going out. It just became unbelievable. They know they have been crazy."

£600 FFS!

What decent club would Milner go to and actually start at? Is liverpool considered decent? Maybe Newcastle again?

Crossing the city is probably a major no, but Milner went to the wrong Manchester club.

The scum should have bought him, and would probably be home and hosed for the title now, had they done so.

I note from the Sunday Times 'Football Rich List' this morning that McLeish is not listed in the top 20 highest paid managers in the world.

They must be wrong, because I read on VT that he is :winkold:

In other news they have recalculated Ivanhoe, as they 'underestimated the value of his Aston Villa contract' last year.

Yeah I watched Gillette Soccer Saturday.

Can somebody clarify, is Merson back on the sauce ? He was banging on and on about wolves being a big club on the basis that his brother had a wolves shirt when he was 8

I joined Merse in he company of about 100 other people on Thursday evening and he wasn't drinking any alcohol.

And I think that Wolves are a big club as well!

Well I quite frequently see him in a pub in Sutton with a pint in his hand.

I avoid Apres and the Greenhouse like the plague....

...too old for the former and too ordinary for the latter

It was neither of them.

I thought the rich list was overall net worth rather than annual salary.

It is, but they have subsections, so list the top 20 managers by annual pay.

In Ivanhoe's case, they mention his weekly wage in the narrative.

Yeah I watched Gillette Soccer Saturday.

Can somebody clarify, is Merson back on the sauce ? He was banging on and on about wolves being a big club on the basis that his brother had a wolves shirt when he was 8

I joined Merse in he company of about 100 other people on Thursday evening and he wasn't drinking any alcohol.

And I think that Wolves are a big club as well!

Well I quite frequently see him in a pub in Sutton with a pint in his hand.

I avoid Apres and the Greenhouse like the plague....

...too old for the former and too ordinary for the latter

It was neither of them.

Clearly he gets around a bit :)

Mcleish is on about 20k,less tax and NI prob 10k to 12k.....

In thatcase just over £1m a year - just above the poverty line then :)

Mind you only cost £2m to sack him nowhere near what it cost us to get rid of the others

Â