The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Tomorrow night could be less than 30k ??

It wont be as low as 30 when it comes over the speaker at the end but I would say there is a chance of there being 25000 being there as they count non attending season tickets and normal tickets.

Stoke was a great example!

I wont be going and will give my ticket to my mates daughter, just dont give a toss though wont be watching Chelsea either

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the posts in the last couple of pages make me despair. It shouldn't because I've always known O'Dreary was right! Villa fans are fickle!!

I hate McLeish and everything he signifies, negative, passionless football and an apathetic board but what I hate more is that the people who are the passion and lifeblood behind this football are turning their backs on it when it needs us most. Its our duty and our responsibility to turn up and let the manager and the board what a **** wank job they are doing.

If the fans in the 60s had behaved like we are now there would be no Aston Villa for us.

I read on here about the "I'm a better fan than you" arguments and agree most of the time they are pathetic but let me say this. If there is 25,000 down there tomorrow night then so be it, at least I know I'll be stood with 25,000 other PROPER Villans and you can argue all you like about Mcginger's shit football, team not bothered why should I, board are wank etc etc etc. They are just excuses for being a fair weather Villan.

I apologise to anyone who cant attend because of work commitments or genuinely cant afford a ticket or live 50+ miles away but to those who simply cant be bothered then stay away for good. In my eyes your worse than the manager and the board!!!

Some of the posts in the last couple of pages make me despair. It shouldn't because I've always known O'Dreary was right! Villa fans are fickle!!

I hate McLeish and everything he signifies, negative, passionless football and an apathetic board but what I hate more is that the people who are the passion and lifeblood behind this football are turning their backs on it when it needs us most. Its our duty and our responsibility to turn up and let the manager and the board what a **** sail on the mayonnaise sea job they are doing.

If the fans in the 60s had behaved like we are now there would be no Aston Villa for us.!!!

That's the reason I'm not going, in protest. It's not because I'm fickle. I've still been to over 15 games this season, mostly away. But I'm not going to give the club my hard earned so they can continue to piss it up the wall. People can choose to protest how they want. But I believe the only way Lerner will listen is if people stay away for a while.

Wouldn't a proper fan realise something needs to be done to stop the downward spiral, and protest in the best way they feel fit. Turning up and just sitting there silent / or criticising what's going on, like the majority of fans have done this year, is doing the players no good, IMO, and are not the actions of PROPER fans.

BTW I'm on my way to Thailand tomorrow while the game is on, so I can't attend.

I hate McLeish and everything he signifies, negative, passionless football and an apathetic board but what I hate more is that the people who are the passion and lifeblood behind this football are turning their backs on it when it needs us most. Its our duty and our responsibility to turn up and let the manager and the board what a **** sail on the mayonnaise sea job they are doing.

If the fans in the 60s had behaved like we are now there would be no Aston Villa for us.

I read on here about the "I'm a better fan than you" arguments and agree most of the time they are pathetic but let me say this. If there is 25,000 down there tomorrow night then so be it, at least I know I'll be stood with 25,000 other PROPER Villans and you can argue all you like about Mcginger's shit football, team not bothered why should I, board are sail on the mayonnaise sea etc etc etc. They are just excuses for being a fair weather Villan.

I apologise to anyone who cant attend because of work commitments or genuinely cant afford a ticket or live 50+ miles away but to those who simply cant be bothered then stay away for good. In my eyes your worse than the manager and the board!!!

Proper my arse, some guys I know who are not renewing are some of those from the the the 60's and 70's era.

By not going and not renewing I am protesting, If I go then I am saying that I am ok with it, before we just used to protest and that just isnt happening, if my voice was going to be heard I would be there, my reason for not going is not because we are losing, its the way we lose!

Graham Taylor summed it up great for me

"I just think it's better to lose a game by trying to win it. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but it's better for the supporters, spectators and the game as a whole.

"If you are preparing your side not to lose - I'm sure Alex would disagree, but that's how it looks - then, if you don't win that game, you come in for a great deal of criticism. That's what's been happening at Villa."

I hear a protest is on the cards for the last home game of the season. Sorry but expecting something to happen after 1 protest is like pissing in the ocean and expecting it to turn yellow. I paid my season ticket money up front, that was my commitment. Its painful to watch! (well untill its natural anesthesia kicks in anyway) but its also painful to see the club I love be ripped apart.

I have made it no secret that I want us to go down as I think we not only deserve it but it has the potential to start off a new beginning for the club and I would even renew if AM got the sack.

The majority of those fickle fans you mentioned pissed off when MON left, read the posts on the season ticket poll and you may get a realistic idea of the sort of fans that are not renewing, it may open your eyes a bit.

Saying that I also respect those like yourself who refuse to give in and go.

If the fans in the 60s had behaved like we are now there would be no Aston Villa for us.!!!

That's the reason I'm not going, in protest. It's not because I'm fickle. I've still been to over 15 games this season, mostly away. But I'm not going to give the club my hard earned so they can continue to piss it up the wall. People can choose to protest how they want. But I believe the only way Lerner will listen is if people stay away for a while.

Wouldn't a proper fan realise something needs to be done to stop the downward spiral, and protest in the best way they feel fit. Turning up and just sitting there silent / or criticising what's going on, like the majority of fans have done this year, is doing the players no good, IMO.

This!

Wouldn't a proper fan realise something needs to be done to stop the downward spiral, and protest in the best way they feel fit. Turning up and just sitting there silent / or criticising what's going on, like the majority of fans have done this year, is doing the players no good, IMO.

In protest at what?? The way the club is being run?? Who the manager is? The standard of football?? What ever the answer is that makes you fickle!! Your only "protesting" because we're shit. If we were 6th or 7th, the manager would be the same, the board would be the same and the football would still be shit. Would you "protest" then??

In protest at what?? The way the club is being run?? Who the manager is? The standard of football?? What ever the answer is that makes you fickle!! Your only "protesting" because we're shit. If we were 6th or 7th, the manager would be the same, the board would be the same and the football would still be shit. Would you "protest" then??

I think If we were 7th then we would be fghting for Europe not relgation therefore results would be a lot better, we would have won more and scored more goals so what on earth is the point you are trying to make?

THe way the club is being run, the utter contempt the board treated the fans with when we aired our concerns about Eck, and the negative approach taken by McLeish. Would I reneew if we were top 6? that's a non-starter as I know, under McLeish, we are only going 1 way and that is down. That hurts me, because the club and fans deserve so much better.

We have no divine right to anything, and if we were in this posaition because of misfortune or whatever I'd still be there. I've had a season ticket since I was in my teens (over 11 yrs), but to hiring this guy in was ridiculous, we all knew we'd be fighting relegation this year because of him, but yet the board let it happen. Please tell me how else I am suppose to get my own message across to the board. The fans deserve better, simple as.

Like I've said I've been to nearly 15 games this year still.. You say 25,000 PROPER fans wil lbe there, but how many of them will just sit in silence, or boo and jeer. Quite a big number I suspect, and these are not actions of proper fans.

I read on here about the "I'm a better fan than you" arguments and agree most of the time they are pathetic but let me say this. If there is 25,000 down there tomorrow night then so be it, at least I know I'll be stood with 25,000 other PROPER Villans and you can argue all you like about Mcginger's shit football, team not bothered why should I, board are sail on the mayonnaise sea etc etc etc. They are just excuses for being a fair weather Villan.

Proper my arse, some guys I know who are not renewing are some of those from the the the 60's and 70's era.

By not going and not renewing I am protesting, If I go then I am saying that I am ok with it, before we just used to protest and that just isnt happening, if my voice was going to be heard I would be there, my reason for not going is not because we are losing, its the way we lose!

Graham Taylor summed it up great for me

"I just think it's better to lose a game by trying to win it. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but it's better for the supporters, spectators and the game as a whole.

"If you are preparing your side not to lose - I'm sure Alex would disagree, but that's how it looks - then, if you don't win that game, you come in for a great deal of criticism. That's what's been happening at Villa."

I hear a protest is on the cards for the last home game of the season. Sorry but expecting something to happen after 1 protest is like pissing in the ocean and expecting it to turn yellow. I paid my season ticket money up front, that was my commitment. Its painful to watch! (well untill its natural anesthesia kicks in anyway) but its also painful to see the club I love be ripped apart.

I have made it no secret that I want us to go down as I think we not only deserve it but it has the potential to start off a new beginning for the club and I would even renew if AM got the sack.

The majority of those fickle fans you mentioned pissed off when MON left, read the posts on the season ticket poll and you may get a realistic idea of the sort of fans that are not renewing, it may open your eyes a bit.

Saying that I also respect those like yourself who refuse to give in and go.

b6bloke.

I know the sort of fans who are not renewing. I'm a member of the North Walsall Lions and some of those blokes have travelled all over the world watching Villa for the last 40 years. When these lads talk, seriously, about not renewing then something is not just wrong but seriously very wrong. The argument I put to them the other week was this. Aston Villa is our club. Mine, yours, all the fans who paid their hard earned every week to support it. Without us there is no Aston Villa. OK Randy may be the current landlord as Doug was and McLeish the current tenant as Little, Atkinson, Saunders, Barton et al have been but we will be there long long after they have **** off. If we turn our back on it there will be no Aston Villa and that is not something I can ever contemplate.

I agree this is a very bad time, far worse than 86/87 IMO but it got better then and it will again. UTV

Have to laugh at the comment saying would we protest if we were fighting for 7th? The fact is injuries have hit us from Feb onwards before that McLeish was so negative, lets get one thing straight this squad is not worse than the one GTII had nor is it worse than the one than MON inherited but we're on target to end up on our lowest points total. In too many games he has been too conservative and now he is paying for it with pressure. Even if we were 9th or 10th, fans would be on side however, being this close to relegation is a joke and the football is the worst i've ever seen. To put it into context who has watched Villa for 76 years and he said to me this is the worst football he has ever seen, he said no ideas, no invention its all huff and puff.

I think If we were 7th then we would be fghting for Europe not relgation therefore results would be a lot better, we would have won more and scored more goals so what on earth is the point you are trying to make?

DenisB

You dont have to score more goals to win games.

Take these games:

QPR - A

Sunderland - A

Arsenal - H

Newcastle - A

Blackburn - A

Chelsea - H

Liverpool - A

Stoke - H

Add up the point we threw away conceding late goals, add them to our 36 points and we would be 7th.....yet we wouldn't be fighting for Europe, the football would still be shit, AM would still be the manager and the board would still be running the club the way it is!! How many people who are "protesting" would not be if we were 7th??

My point is we are a fickle bunch of ****!!

smudge1874

So now your saying, fans that have travelled all round the world and followed the club for 40 years are fickle? That is strange.

Look if the club was in real trouble I'd be paying through my nose to support it. I've even missed a family wedding to attewnd a Villa game, but I honestly believe withholding my money for a couple of seasons is the best way for me to send a message that the fans deserve better.

Your point about ,if we did not concede that goal, or if we did that, is not valid, you end up in the league at the end of a season for a reason. With a better maanger we'd be playing better football ,and at least having a go.

Losing without even trying to win is pathetic.

Brwon nosing so called elite clubs is pathetic.

If we went down, the way Blackpool did I'd be there every game, no matter what.

The fact that you ask that question says a lot, I have been going down the Villa since early 80's, some of my mates since the early 70's. we have been going through thick and thin so far from fickle, we used to still enjoy it as our expectations were realistic, we had passion and even when we during a relegation season we would still be excited before games and I would go without to get my ticket.

This is like going to a self harm convention! There is no atmoshere, the seats are empty, the owners and manager dont give a shit what the fans think.

My protest if I have to spell it out to you is against the board and the management, not the players and I have a choice of either the drastic action of boycotting the club I love or to sit in a stadium of empty seats, no atmosphere, no passion, poor football and poor management with my arms folded falling asleep to the songs of "shit support mlord" aimed at the away fans.

RL knows that Villa fans have a history of sticking by the club through thick and thin and is abusing this by thinking that no matter what he does that fans like me will pay their money no matter what.

You cant protest, that was shown to be futile at the beginning of the season and as I have said, people have lost their voices when it comes to showing their anger.

As I say, I respect what you are doing but dont knock me for refusing to sit back and watch my club be killed off in fear of being called fickle by people like you.

What I do is out of protest and is far more effective than sitting there doing **** all while RL rubs his hands knowing that a free £10 away coach will have you singing his praises within seconds.

Even the team dont seem to care at the moment, they dont appriciate the fans support (or at least dont show it) The days of Mountfield running to the Holte to gee up the fans are still in my head to this day, do these players look like they want to stay up to you?

THe way the club is being run, the utter contempt the board treated the fans with when we aired our concerns about Eck, and the negative approach taken by McLeish. Would I reneew if we were top 6? that's a non-starter as I know, under McLeish, we are only going 1 way and that is down. That hurts me, because the club and fans deserve so much better.

We have no divine right to anything, and if we were in this posaition because of misfortune or whatever I'd still be there. I've had a season ticket since I was in my teens (over 11 yrs), but to hiring this guy in was ridiculous, we all knew we'd be fighting relegation this year because of him, but yet the board let it happen. Please tell me how else I am suppose to get my own message across to the board. The fans deserve better, simple as.

Like I've said I've been to nearly 15 games this year still.. You say 25,000 PROPER fans wil lbe there, but how many of them will just sit in silence, or boo and jeer. Quite a big number I suspect, and these are not actions of proper fans.

djamfisher.

I agree with you on sooo many points.

The club has been badly managed

The fans are victims of utter contempt from the board

We will never do anything but battle relegation under AM

We have no divine right to anything

What I cant and will never agree on is that staying away is the best policy.

Staying away = less money

no money = lack of quality in playing staff

lack of quality in playing staff = more defeats

more defeats = relegation

relegation = financial disaster

financial disaster = worse players

worse players = more relegations

You get the drift.

Turn up make your feelings known through the right to protest, i.e boo jeer, call AM a word removed but don't do nothing!!!

I think mourinho's chelsea are living proof that fans can live with shit football, if you get the results.. He played awful football with chelsea at times, grinded out 1-0 results, very defensive, but it did not matter because he would always get results, the only difference is AM is Playing Awful football and not getting results.. I dont care if we are playing the worse football in the league, if we are winning its all good imo.

The way I see it, if you believe Villa being in the Premier League is a good thing then you should be in Villa Park tomorrow screaming your lungs out to make the place as intimidating as possible for Bolton. For this one match. This one 90 minutes, everything else should be put to the side to be discussed later. We need to win this match; or at the very least we can't give Bolton 3 points. That is literally all that matters. We might not like what's happening at the moment but we do have the best interests of the club at heart, and at the heart of that is our Premier League status. I would hope that Villa Park would be full and be rocking for this game but I know that neither of those things will be true.

djamfisher.

I agree with you on sooo many points.

The club has been badly managed

The fans are victims of utter contempt from the board

We will never do anything but battle relegation under AM

We have no divine right to anything

What I cant and will never agree on is that staying away is the best policy.

Staying away = less money

no money = lack of quality in playing staff

lack of quality in playing staff = more defeats

more defeats = relegation

relegation = financial disaster

financial disaster = worse players

worse players = more relegations

You get the drift.

Turn up make your feelings known through the right to protest, i.e boo jeer, call AM a word removed but don't do nothing!!!

i certainly get your drift, and I haven't made my decision lightly. I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

Â