The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

This was the starting team for the disaster that was the 2-2 draw at home to the impressive QPR back in February:

Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock, Ireland, Petrov, Clark, N'Zogbia; Keane, Bent.

McLeish and the media would like us to believe that we are in a relegation battle because of the amount of injuries we have to senior professionals and the number of kids we are having to play. Well the starting team against QPR, with the possible exception of the missing Agbonlahor, was as good as it gets at Villa and we were still shit so it doesn't matter who starts the game it is the shit tactics employed that is the reason why we are in a mess.

What an excellent point that blows fecking great holes in the excuses we have been subjected to recently

Well it would almost be an excellent point apart from the fact we really were not shit that game at all. In fact it was probably the best football we have played for a long time.

26 shots, 12 on target, 69% possession, two clear handballs one of which stopped the ball going in the net.

It really was one of those games, but to say we were shit (like most of the season) is very wide of the mark.

I didn't say we were shit in the QPR game. I said it was a disaster which, unless you consider going 2-0 down at home to a poor QPR side is acceptable, I think you may also agree with.

However, although we played okay in parts and had quite a few shots, lots of possession etc, it must be tempered with the fact that we were playing QPR, who, at that time, were bloody atrocious.

You did say it

Well the starting team against QPR, with the possible exception of the missing Agbonlahor, was as good as it gets at Villa and we were still shit

and regardless of who we were playing, it was much better than ok, we played very well in the second half.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the starting team for the disaster that was the 2-2 draw at home to the impressive QPR back in February:

Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock, Ireland, Petrov, Clark, N'Zogbia; Keane, Bent.

McLeish and the media would like us to believe that we are in a relegation battle because of the amount of injuries we have to senior professionals and the number of kids we are having to play. Well the starting team against QPR, with the possible exception of the missing Agbonlahor, was as good as it gets at Villa and we were still shit so it doesn't matter who starts the game it is the shit tactics employed that is the reason why we are in a mess.

What an excellent point that blows fecking great holes in the excuses we have been subjected to recently

Well it would almost be an excellent point apart from the fact we really were not shit that game at all. In fact it was probably the best football we have played for a long time.

26 shots, 12 on target, 69% possession, two clear handballs one of which stopped the ball going in the net.

It really was one of those games, but to say we were shit (like most of the season) is very wide of the mark.

What? I remember coming home really angry at how poorly we played in that first half and how we didn't win the game only to find on here everyone raving about how good we were. We weren't that good at all. We were terrible in the first half. Yes we improved second half but QPR sat back big time.

What? I remember coming home really angry at how poorly we played in that first half and how we didn't win the game only to find on here everyone raving about how good we were. We weren't that good at all.

Maybe you were wrong then Mantis, it must happen sometimes.

What? I remember coming home really angry at how poorly we played in that first half and how we didn't win the game only to find on here everyone raving about how good we were. We weren't that good at all.

Maybe you were wrong then Mantis, it must happen sometimes.

Of course it does, but we were really weren't that great in the game over all. The shit first half completely canceled out the good second half. It was a good demonstration of McLeish's negativity - we only started to attack when we were 2-0 down.

You did say it

Ok, point noted. I guess I should have qualified my original statement somewhat and stated that we were shit in the first half.

However, it does matter who the opposition is, I would have been impressed with our second half performance if it had came against Manure but it was nothing special against a team that was at the bottom of the league and playing poorly. This is the least we should have expected especially after going 2-0 down so early.

Villa 0 Swansea 2

Guzan, Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Cuellar, Clark, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Petrov, Bent, Gabby.

Hpulston any comment on this post? :lol:

That team should not be anywhere near a relegation battle, amazing really that McLeish has managed to get them playing so poorly.

Yet just 7 days earlier, that very team wiped the floor away from home with a team bound for another CL Final

Yes, I guess every side is allowed at least one good game per season and that was ours so we are buggered now.

By the way I think Given was an awful signing in our current predicament. We all know is was a name signing to appese the fans but a 5 year contract on £60k a week when a gamble on Brad and the money spent elsewhere should have been a priority. Also Jenas signing was ridiculous, we assentually hoped an injury prone player would play a massive part in our season. I don't mind Hutton or Nzogbia signings as much, but his man management has failed to get the best out of these two.

To not have injury clauses in the Jenas deal is a schholboy error

Talk about incompetency

And agree about Given, no improvement on Brad, just a lot more money spunked up the wall

Yet just 7 days earlier, that very team wiped the floor away from home with a team bound for another CL Final

'Bound for'? Behave yourself.

Wiped the floor?

Slight exaggeration, more hit and run by most accounts.

Wiped the floor?

Slight exaggeration, more hit and run by most accounts.

When we played Chelsea in the FA Cup semi a couple of years ago, we were still in the cup. We were by no means bound for the final.

After watching that Chelsea game the other night, they have a mountain to climb if they are going to overcome Barcelona at Camp Nou. They have a chance, but there is also a good reason bookies are not offering more than 1/4 on Barcelona winning on aggregate.

When we beat Chelsea, they were shit.

Just reading McLeishes pre match interview on the OS, he really is in a world of his own.

I hope that there is a mega protest on Saturday and he is sacked soonest. His manner, his ways, his lack of personality are sucking the very life blood out of the club. If he stays, Gabby will go and I dont think he will be the only one. Can see Bent and Ireland going too.

Whoever appointed this fool needs lynching.

Tell you what we should have done... well, I say 'we' but it seems a us and them policy at this club, so let me rephrase...

Tell you what our incompetent, foolish, genius of an owner should have done?

Clubbed together the money spent on Given & N'Zogbia and slapped it in front of Bill Kenwright. Guzan has proved more than an able Goalkeeper and for what it is worth, N'Zogbia may as well not be here.

I firmly believe if we had offered Everton 'big' money, we would not be facing relegation, we would not have spent the season playing negative dross and under Moyes we would still be looking forward to this so called 'bright future'.

But hey, obviously a Yank with a fat cheque book and a couple of tubby mates knows more about English Football than someone who has played, watched and supported for over 22 years.

Â