The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I don't see the point in changing the manager, the squad is down to the bare bones and anyone would struggle with what we have at the minute.

We should not be in this position though, but now that we are it's just a case of getting on with it until the end of the season, then we can sort it out.

As for the rest of this season, well if we don't pick up points in the next two games then it may well be curtains save a drastic change in form.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin MacDonald might get our kids playing well.

He did it before, but got caught out with tactical inexperience.

I'd take that over McLeish right now. Tactical ineptitude and inspiring no confidence in our players.

If we've gotta play our kids, when why not have them playing for the manager who've they've been performing well for at a lower level?

I don't see the point in changing the manager, the squad is down to the bare bones and anyone would struggle with what we have at the minute.

We should not be in this position though, but now that we are it's just a case of getting on with it until the end of the season, then we can sort it out.

As for the rest of this season, well if we don't pick up points in the next two games then it may well be curtains save a drastic change in form.

Changing the manager would give the fans a massive lift, thus giving the team a huge confidence boost, It would also give the alienated players a fresh start and most importantly.

Think about it, what harm could it do? Could we really play much worse?

I'm unsure about KMac. I would only have him in charge if we gutted out the backroom staff and brought in some experience to help with tactics.

The danger is that KMac struggled when he last took the reigns, and the pressure he would be under would be a hell of a lot greater than then.

The grass isn't always greener etc.

How do the words Corners and Peter Crouch sound to you :?:

They sound like the words 'Corners' and 'Peter Crouch'.

Why, what do they sound like to you?

Throws tennis ball into empty onion bag

I'm unsure about KMac. I would only have him in charge if we gutted out the backroom staff and brought in some experience to help with tactics.

The danger is that KMac struggled when he last took the reigns, and the pressure he would be under would be a hell of a lot greater than then.

I dont think hed be under any pressure.

I dont think hed be under any pressure.

I think anyone in charge right now would be under pressure.

But I think KMac would be under less than McLeish.

KMac had Albrighton playing really well. He could get the best out of Agbonlahor I'm sure, with our remaining games that might just be enough to sneak the wins we need. We sure as hell haven't got the tactical ability to win 3 games under our current system.

Either:

1) sacking McLeish now would have no impact in which case get rid of him;

or

2) sacking Mcleish now would have a positive impact in which case get rid of him;

or

3) sacking McLeish now would have a negative impact in which case keep him.

There are only 3 variables. I'm for option 2.

Either:

1) sacking McLeish now would have no impact in which case get rid of him;

or

2) sacking Mcleish now would have a positive impact in which case get rid of him;

or

3) sacking McLeish now would have a negative impact in which case keep him.

There are only 3 variables. I'm for option 2.

I'd say 3 or 1, as much as we don't like McLeish, I think some of the players do. Don't think we should do a Wolves and sack him now only to bring in someone who is around the first team squad all the time, like Wolves did too. I recon we'll stay up, but the manner how we stay up in the next few games should seal McLeish fate. Though it may not, I'd like to think the board would think that, I would hope they'd think like that. This sort of time in a season, unless completely safe, is a terrible time to be sacking managers

Just because it didn't work for Wolves doesn't mean it won't work for us.

Didn't work for Hull, Newcastle in recent seasons either. I think we'd be more at risk if we sack him now, than if we kept him for the next month. The players could do with the continuity imo, especially with the whole Petrov thing. Too many sudden changes at Villa these past 2 years have affected us clearly.

Â