The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I think people need to get behind the team until we are safe and then from that point on every single minute of every remaining game the fans should be focussed on getting rid of McLeish. Protests, boycotts, banners whatever it takes but we have to get rid of him otherwise things will only get worse.
Agreed.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering why I haven't seen a "I want AML out"-group on facebook. There are thousands of fans on fb and if that group could get thousands of Villa members then it might get some attention. Or does it already exist? There might still be a few fans who're ready to give the guy a chance, but even they are probably doubtfull.

Problem is we may not be safe until very late in the season

Eg. The Spurs game may be the only opportunity to vent

That's fine. It'll be even more vicious if it's just for one game. 90 minutes of anti-McLeish chants would be a good way of getting our point across. I hope he gets barraged with abuse for the entire game.

Only problem is, Spurs are an "elite club", so there'll probably be quite a few empty seats as people will be realistic and realise that we can't expect to win against elite clubs like this.

Problem is we may not be safe until very late in the season

Eg. The Spurs game may be the only opportunity to vent

That's fine. It'll be even more vicious if it's just for one game. 90 minutes of anti-McLeish chants would be a good way of getting our point across. I hope he gets barraged with abuse for the entire game.

Only problem is, Spurs are an "elite club", so there'll probably be quite a few empty seats as people will be realistic and realise that we can't expect to win against elite clubs like this.

As bad as he is as a manager, he is still human. The abuse Kean got in the Bolton Blackburn game in December was too much.

I think Lerner and the Board thought that bringing McLeish to the club was the next best thing to Martin O'Neill.

The reason? Check his record of success in Scotland, plus promotion, 9th placed finish and Carling Cup success with SHA.

O'Neill won trophies in Scotland, won League Cup with Leicester, plus high placed finishes in the Premiership.

His record is not too dissimilar to O'Neill's on paper.

The only difference is that McLeish bored his way to these successes playing drab, turgid football.

He will never have any success here for the simple reason that the rest of the Premiership have worked out how a McLeish team plays. Last season even the likes of Martinez and McCarthy outwitted him when it came to the crunch.

I was just wondering why I haven't seen a "I want AML out"-group on facebook. There are thousands of fans on fb and if that group could get thousands of Villa members then it might get some attention. Or does it already exist? There might still be a few fans who're ready to give the guy a chance, but even they are probably doubtfull.
fb.JPG

1,403 pro-McLeish, 124 against (and already split into two groups!) OK, maybe add in the 'England manager' numbers too!

The 9th place finish was key in their decision. He done that at a shite club so they thought he'd be the right man to oversee our 'transition'. They were wrong.

Anyone think this could be karma. We were all desperate for Birmingham City to get relegated, but in them getting relegated it has affected aston villa in a negative way. Because if they had stayed up, then Mcleish would still be manager of them, and we would have a decent manager in charge of the club. Thoughts?

Anyone think this could be karma. We were all desperate for Birmingham City to get relegated, but in them getting relegated it has affected aston villa in a negative way. Because if they had stayed up, then Mcleish would still be manager of them, and we would have a decent manager in charge of the club. Thoughts?
Nope, I don't agree. It's just a case of the board being stupid. They didn't have to go and poach him from SHA. Just imagine, if we hadn't got McLeish they'd still be suffering with him down in the Championship and we'd also be doing better.

If Randy doesn't get rid of McLeish this summer I'm finished with him.

fb.JPG

1,403 pro-McLeish, 124 against (and already split into two groups!) OK, maybe add in the 'England manager' numbers too!

Ok, not a good suggestion then. :lol: How old are these groups? I'm quite surprised.

Nope, I don't agree. It's just a case of the board being stupid. They didn't have to go and poach him from SHA. Just imagine, if we hadn't got McLeish they'd still be suffering with him down in the Championship and we'd also be doing better.

If Randy doesn't get rid of McLeish this summer I'm finished with him.

I think Lerner would have still gone out to appoint McLeish even if SHA had stayed up. McLeish would have taken the job too. He always came across that he thought he was better than them anyway and often commented how they were a 'small club'.

Joining a big club like Villa, plus his wages being tripled, was always going to be too hard to turn down for a huge ego like McLeish.

In any other job, he would have been sacked for failure. Yet SHA were in the same position as we are - they had him on a long-term contract and they couldn't afford to get rid.

I honestly believe if we had got Hughton we would be in the top half of the Premiership now. He is a far better coach than McLeish. You couldn't make it up.

I was talking to my mate at work this morning. He joked as to whether we shall get an end of season letter as we did mid season....if we do wouldn't be surprised if it was along the lines of...

The season has its ups and downs and the loss of Bent really impacted the season just as we were gaining momentum to challenge for the top 6....he still feels that the team has done well and that we are creating numerous chances and it’s just unlucky we haven’t won more. What people have to remember is that he is setting his teams up to play free flowing football but the players just haven’t responded. People only have to look at his recent success at his previous employers to see that it is a complete myth that he sets teams defensively.

fb.JPG

Ok, not a good suggestion then. :lol: How old are these groups? I'm quite surprised.

Well I did the screenshot this morning.

the main anti mcleish one on there is still the protest one from the summer i think, we dont want mcleish 16k members

and to be fair i dont think mcleish for england is a pro one

Yeah it is, its called; Aston Villa Supporters - We Don't Want McLeish

Â