The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Roberto Martinez is 38 years old though, the same as Ryan Giggs. Judging him only for his Wigan career is incredibly shortsighted, given that he has a lot of promise for the future. Every good manager rises from a decent club like Everton (Moyes) or suddenly gets a top job like Mourinho and Villas-Boas after performing abroad. Managing Wigan is extremely difficult, the team is limited and they could never get anything else than 15th downwards to relegation. That is why his star is not that high yet, how could it be? He started managing in 2007 with Swansea and laid the foundation for where they are now in my opinion, using a philosophy Rodgers has used ever since. McLeish relegated a Birmingham-team with a lot better foundation compared to what is left at Wigan, with a lot of leaders and grafters in it. The perfect "McLeish"-material if you ask me, but still they are now lost in the Championship and so would he be hadn't our great club for some reason given him the opportunity of a lifetime.

- McLeish is old and set. His style is rubbish and his end-results are not good enough. The effects of his arrival are detrimental to our club at every level.

- Martinez is young, hungry and seems like a very good guy as well. Knows English better than for example Wenger and Redknapp (LOL) and seems to have a lot of respect from his players. Judging him isolated with Wigan's position seems unwise if you ask me. Also, he wants to attack and he could possibly attract some foreign players unlike McLeish who probably only goes to Spain for chartered holidays.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike DOL; let me make that clear.

But how did the club come 6th with a team with a 34 year old Dublin, Jlloyd samuel, gavin mccan, sorenson, allback and a leonhardson.

:shock: :shock:

That is quite an achievement, far inferior to the team MON had.

It depresses me that people keep throwing the name Martinez about

I mean WTF, is this how far we've fallen

Who are you supporting this week CI?

Why do you ask the same question every 5 pages, are you a goldfish?

It is a very good sum up - His comments after Arsenal certainly turned me and it looks like the media are starting to catch wind too.

Discusting Post match analysis - one that I will never ever forgive him for. Lose 1000000000 games on the bounce and as long as you gave it your best shot - I wont complain. To seemingly not attempt to have ago (which I have been wary of a couple of times with Mcliesh but give him the benefit of the doubt), and then admit it, is unforgivable.

Mcliesh Out :shock:

It is a very good sum up - His comments after Arsenal certainly turned me and it looks like the media are starting to catch wind too.

Discusting Post match analysis - one that I will never ever forgive him for. Lose 1000000000 games on the bounce and as long as you gave it your best shot - I wont complain. To seemingly not attempt to have ago (which I have been wary of a couple of times with Mcliesh but give him the benefit of the doubt), and then admit it, is unforgivable.

While I applaud you for finally coming over to our side, it's a bit odd that you've only just been turned now by McLeish not having a go. He's been doing it all season.

While I applaud you for finally coming over to our side, it's a bit odd that you've only just been turned now by McLeish not having a go. He's been doing it all season.

I was at the Bolton League cup game and was appalled by what I saw. A few of the other games I have seen have been far from impressive, but I have always been willing to give him a chance baring in mind I think hes inherited an absolute mess.

In short, on occasions I have been alarmed by what i have seen but seen no reason to not trust Mcliesh - and I have never believed he would go into a game not thinking 3 points was attainable. His Arsenal comments have totally and utterly blown that out the window.

I was/am still genuinely staggered by what he said.

I was at the Bolton League cup game and was appalled by what I saw. A few of the other games I have seen have been far from impressive, but I have always been willing to give him a chance baring in mind I think hes inherited an absolute mess.

In short, on occasions I have been alarmed by what i have seen but seen no reason to not trust Mcliesh - and I have never believed he would go into a game not thinking 3 points was attainable. His Arsenal comments have totally and utterly blown that out the window.

I was/am still genuinely staggered by what he said.

You're correct on all accounts.

Thing is, the Arsenal game is nothing new. He's approached plenty of games this season like that. The only difference this time is that he's actually admitted it.

I havent actually heard these comments by AM. I want to see the interview so I can see the facial expressions, and in what way he said it, because alot can be learnt from that. Just heard people on here talking about it, think I need to go and search so I know.

Also Mantis, its probably worth mentioning, that whilst Ive never been a Mcliesh out poster, I have certainly never been a Mcliesh in poster (are there actually any) - What I have tried to do is remain patient and see where things are going - I have now seen (well heard) enough.

The Teamtalk blog pretty much nailed it other then saying we wasted money on Carew. There were far far better examples that could have been used. Other then that thought it was very good, about time the media picked up on it.

The only difference this time is that he's actually admitted it.

Thats the big thing for me. Whilst hes not admitting it, I would have always believed that he was surely trying to win games - regardless of the defensive tactics.

I mean, I just cannot get my head round anyone approaching games with no belief they can win.

Like I said, his comments have blown my initial thoughts out the window.

It depresses me that people keep throwing the name Martinez about

I mean WTF, is this how far we've fallen

Who are you supporting this week CI?

Why do you ask the same question every 5 pages, are you a goldfish?

No are you a blowfish

Anyway this thread is all about repetition, we've got nearly 700 pages of it and your contribution is significant

Anyway Martinez ? I mean come on, is that how far we've fallen

Even my villa supporting friend has turned on him. He was the most pro Mcleish person you could get "give him a chance" etc. Now even he wants him out the club. His days are numbered at villa park.

Â