The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I am concerned about him having money to build his own team at Villa.

Remember that blog post from that Motherwell fan about 100 pages back? That fan said that McLeish ruined them financially and never gave the kids a chance. He claimed that he did the same at Hibs after that. The Rangers chairman recently stated live on SSN that the financial trouble they are in now is due to the way money was spent before he joined them. Blues went into financial meltdown as McLeish jumped ship to come to us. Is that all just coincidence? I am not sure!

Here we are in a situation where we have just had record revenues yet still made a loss of £54m, which would have been £79m had it not been for the owner's contribution. Then you read McLeish saying, with regards to Ivica Olic, that we are looking to sign good players on Bosman deals and that we are capable of paying big wages! See, I don't get that. We are trying to get the wages down by dumping players who are high earners and into their 30's, yet we are looking at possibly signing a player on big wages who is in his 30's. At least our high earners are fit enough to play and earn their wage, can the same be said of Olic?

I really do think that the people at the top of our club need to take a real long look into what they are doing and what McLeish has done. It just seems to me that we are a prime candidate to do a Rangers or a Blues if this clown is kept on. Giving McLeish free reign at our club is like buying a £100m yacht and employing the Captain of the Concordia to pilot it for you!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilchard, I can't see more than 1 of the bottom 5 overtaking Villa.

QPR will not be relegated. Wolves have given themselves a chance and are have fight which we haven't shown. Wigan leave it to the last every season - again they have the fight.

I don't think we will win anther game his season. Where are our points coming from?

It'll happen on the last day of the season after playing for a draw at Norwich just to complete the carbon copy of McLeish's previous season.

Pilchard, I can't see more than 1 of the bottom 5 overtaking Villa.

QPR will not be relegated. Wolves have given themselves a chance and are have fight which we haven't shown. Wigan leave it to the last every season - again they have the fight.

I don't think we will win anther game his season. Where are our points coming from?

It'll happen on the last day of the season after playing for a draw at Norwich just to complete the carbon copy of McLeish's previous season.

The point is, Pichard, that the bottom 3 are a long way behind Villa in terms of points, and even Villa will at least pick up some draws over the next 11 matches. Hence 33 or (perhaps) 35 points to finish with. That will be good (or bad!) enough for this season.

I think that a few people are in for a surprise, we have quality but no fight.

Below us are teams with less quality, but some balls and therefore, I am not confident that we will not get relegated.

Well said, Villarocker. Assuming McLeish stays after this season, I believe a strong protest needs to be sent to the chairman.

Waste of time. They couldn't care less.

They'd have to!! I can't see the owner wanting a virtually deserted ground next season.

John, the owner doesn't give a shit, if he did then Mcleish would not be here

The McLeish affair, Richard, seems to me to be (just) one big mistake the owner's made. I feel sure that if there's sufficient protest and lack of ST sales for next season he will have to see sense.

If he doesn't, then I'd have to use the "d" word.

In what way have the teams below us shown they have balls? Honestly, we've just played most of them and been appalling in our inability to beat them, bar Wolves. What have you seen in Wigan, QPR, Blackburn and Wolves to suggest they'll pick up any more points than us? This most be the worst clutch of bottom clubs in years. Lucky for us I guess.

Last night I was chatting to a neighbour of mine who is an ex pro footballer and has been part of management team of clubs in both the PL and the Championship. He very politely listened to my rant about how poor McLeish is as a manager and pretty much agreed with everything I said.

To quote his exact words he said "I don't like the way Alex McLeish sets up his sides and he does not get the best out of his players" Hardly a revelation but interesting as view from someone with something of an inside track which we don't have and generally managers are always cautious about what they say about fellow managers.

He also agreed that at the time the appointment of McLeish was strange given the size and ambition of the club and that was how it had been perceived in the footballing world. It just makes the comments that Paul Faulkner made when we appointed him all the more bizarre.

Last night I was chatting to a neighbour of mine who is an ex pro footballer and has been part of management team of clubs in both the PL and the Championship. He very politely listened to my rant about how poor McLeish is as a manager and pretty much agreed with everything I said.

To quote his exact words he said "I don't like the way Alex McLeish sets up his sides and he does not get the best out of his players" Hardly a revelation but interesting as view from someone with something of an inside track which we don't have and generally managers are always cautious about what they say about fellow managers.

He also agreed that at the time the appointment of McLeish was strange given the size and ambition of the club and that was how it had been perceived in the footballing world. It just makes the comments that Paul Faulkner made when we appointed him all the more bizarre.

Harry, please send that to the chairman (cc Faulkner) and ask him to frame it and put it on his wall!

In what way have the teams below us shown they have balls? Honestly, we've just played most of them and been appalling in our inability to beat them, bar Wolves. What have you seen in Wigan, QPR, Blackburn and Wolves to suggest they'll pick up any more points than us? This most be the worst clutch of bottom clubs in years. Lucky for us I guess.
Not so sure it is them showing they have the balls, more us showing we do not

Laughable some still defend McLeish

Will you still be defending him should we get relegated?

How sad it is that 15th place in the prem is now an acceptable position in some people's eyes

The manager is clueless he has lost the plot its blatently obvious do not give into his nice guy charms he's completely out of his depth and Lerner has to take some of the blame for appointing a championship standard manager

Same old bullshit excuses Lady Luck? The players fault? Not clinical enough? Now he's even saying the opposition players were better than ours like yesterday it was BLACKBURN ffs how predictable you could just guess his post match interview pathetic

But of course McLeish it has nothing to do with you grabbing a goal and then getting your team to sit back and hoof the ball for 45 minutes giving the game away it has happened time and time again this season how many draws now eh?

Useless manager completely useless its not a cooincidence is it that all this happened after half time i can imagine his teamtalk "Alright wee lads we have our goal lead backs to the wall defend anti football hold on for the win!"

AVFC were aspiring to break into the top 4 now we aspire to stay in the division says it all to tbh and for McLeish to think this run of results are acceptable is laughable dire times

We want our villa back

Blackburn have goals in them. For all their faults, when they play they can win games and Yakubu and Hoillet can cause anyone problems.

Wigan do not start playing until they are virtually relegated, been the same the last couple of years.

Wolves have experience of beating the drop, plus work harder than a few other teams down there, including us.

QPR really is anyones guess, they are organised better than us thanks to Sparky, but not sure they have the quality. Should have won yesterday.

I am not as confident as some. I also feel if we do not go down this year, it is only a stay of execution under McLeishes management.

Â