The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people want him to rebuild next season to see what he could do. Madness, they're asking for relegation and I won't have sympathy for those fans.

I won't forget when we won against Wolves quite alot of fans came on here defending him and were treating that result as a cup final. Outrageous.

1 win out of 4 league games is the best he can do. That's his ceiling. It shouldn't even be acceptable this club. Fans should be ashamed of themselves for even making any excuses for him. I don't wanna see a repeated performance if we get a scrappy win against Wigan (if we're lucky that is).

It must get tiring knowing everything and being right all the time.

It must be tiring defending McLeish all the time when you know you're running out of options.

Some people want him to rebuild next season to see what he could do. Madness, they're asking for relegation and I won't have sympathy for those fans.

I won't forget when we won against Wolves quite alot of fans came on here defending him and were treating that result as a cup final. Outrageous.

1 win out of 4 league games is the best he can do. That's his ceiling. It shouldn't even be acceptable this club. Fans should be ashamed of themselves for even making any excuses for him. I don't wanna see a repeated performance if we get a scrappy win against Wigan (if we're lucky that is).

It must be tiring defending McLeish all the time when you know you're running out of options.

There's a difference between defending McLeish and having a balanced, reasonable view on him. Does every last little thing he does annoy you? Do you honestly believe he is the worst possible person to be in charge?

I'm not his biggest fan either. I'll criticise him if we lose, but then I'll give him credit if he pulls a win out the bag. Surely that's only fair? I don't just say, 'It was a fluke, he'll lose the next game'. Then if he does indeed lose the next game (everytime so far, I know...) I won't say 'told ya' so', because I think that attitude stinks and also gets a bit predictable and boring.

We're not getting many wins at all at the moment, we all know that. So don't slag people off for enjoying them and being positive whenever we do. It really isn't 'outrageous', it's actually quite normal.

So this is what I heard, at half time Newcastle game there was an argument at half time involving AM petrov and Ireland, petrov was having a heated exchange with mcliesh and Ireland told AM to **** off twice, it wasn't at pardew, stan collymore witnessed this, secondly zog tweeted after the game 'I have never in my carer hated playing football then removed it and wrote in you're carer there is ups and Downs but I know it will make me a better player'

And from a reliable source that he has lost the dressing room, they've had enough, which to me is evident to the way they are playing, he has got to go he is ruining this club, poising it.

There's a difference between defending McLeish and having a balanced, reasonable view on him. Does every last little thing he does annoy you? Do you honestly believe he is the worst possible person to be in charge?

I'm not his biggest fan either. I'll criticise him if we lose, but then I'll give him credit if he pulls a win out the bag. Surely that's only fair? I don't just say, 'It was a fluke, he'll lose the next game'. Then if he does indeed lose the next game (everytime so far, I know...) I won't say 'told ya' so', because I think that attitude stinks and also gets a bit predictable and boring.

We're not getting many wins at all at the moment, we all know that. So don't slag people off for enjoying them and being positive whenever we do. It really isn't 'outrageous', it's actually quite normal.

It really is not normal - wins should not be regarded as a frigging treat for the fans when they eventually do happen. We get the bullshit articles about so and so turning the corner, or so and so promising more goals, consistency etc etc.... It's a load of bollox. Winning should be standard for Aston Villa, not a relief for the week before we go and lose again

So this is what I heard, at half time Newcastle game there was an argument at half time involving AM petrov and Ireland, petrov was having a heated exchange with mcliesh and Ireland told AM to **** off twice, it wasn't at pardew, stan collymore witnessed this, secondly zog tweeted after the game 'I have never in my carer hated playing football then removed it and wrote in you're carer there is ups and Downs but I know it will make me a better player'

And from a reliable source that he has lost the dressing room, they've had enough, which to me is evident to the way they are playing, he has got to go he is ruining this club, poising it.

Ireland said it to Mcleish while on the pitch mate.

Ireland said it to Mcleish while on the pitch mate.

And Collymore did not witness anything

I must be one of a select few that genuinely wants AM to be successful but it's plain to see that since day one when he walked into this club he was facing a losing battle. I haven't been to many games this season but was able to go up to newcastle of sunday and I just thought the result was typical of what i've heard so far this season. We had chances to go in front and didn't take them and then Warnock blocks the ball straight to Ba. 1-0 down! there was no battle in the team, players like Dunne and Petrov you'd expect to rally the troops but they didn't they just stared at the ground, hands on hips. These players don't want to play for AM, whether they want to play for Aston Villa is another question. I saw AM trying to get the players heads up but they just weren't interested. Stories emerging afterwards that he's lost the dressing room don't surprise me as this was evident. Unfortunately if the players don't want to play for the manager then they won't! Lerner needs to make a decision, but sadly I don't think he's even asking himself the question!

It really is not normal - wins should not be regarded as a frigging treat for the fans when they eventually do happen. We get the bullshit articles about so and so turning the corner, or so and so promising more goals, consistency etc etc.... It's a load of bollox. Winning should be standard for Aston Villa, not a relief for the week before we go and lose again

:?

That's completely not the point I was making. My point was it's not a crime to enjoy a win. You would think coming on Villa Talk after a win would be great, but it isn't. It's full of moaners, grumps and nobheads waiting for the next loss so they can spring this 'I told you so' bullshit.

I must be one of a select few that genuinely wants AM to be successful but it's plain to see that since day one when he walked into this club he was facing a losing battle.

Although they'd never admit it (not that I blame them), there are people on here that would rather see us lose every week to save their own face.

They would also like to see McLeish lose every week and lose his job rather than be successful. I don't quite understand that mentality.

Anyway, back to off topic for me.

When wins as rare as rocking horse shit they end up being desperately overcelebrated.

McLeishs record with us is a mirror image of his dismal Birmingham record last season.

The club have done good job you have to say in regressing us and lowering any expectations of anything.,

Indeed - I am happy when we win, no question. But I will not celebrate it and start to change my opinion of McLeish or some of the players - the only thing I am thinking is, 'thank **** for that'. At the moment, I am counting down the games so that I can see us safe, I'm not looking at when we are going to win as I know no matter who we are playing, it's going to be struggle.

Up the villa and all that, but I'm worried.

Nobody wants to see McLeish doing badly. McLeish doing badly = Villa doing badly.

Well that's what I would have thought, but I've spoke to a handful of people who do and I'm sure there's some on here.

As I say, I don't get it. :|

Nobody wants to see McLeish doing badly. McLeish doing badly = Villa doing badly.

Well that's what I would have thought, but I've spoke to a handful of people who do and I'm sure there's some on here.

As I say, I don't get it. :|

He's doing a thorough job of failing himself. He doesnt need to have the wishes of others in order to screw things up. With the players now seemingly falling out with him in the dressing room, things could only get worse. I fear we may have another case of 'let's put things to one side and focus on staying up' extravaganza.

Â