The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

He's had these players long enough to coach these stupid errors out of the game. If he felt they were lost causes he could have used Cuellar and Clark in defence instead, or tried to flog them and sign better replacements. There has been NO improvement. Yes player error, but why so after 7 months? A manager who has a positive effects cuts out the crap who displays at least some semblance of progress.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent been on all season. Can someone tell me what happened to the generals thread?

He went MiA or AWOL call it what you want.

Basically all that 'I'm one of you', 'I'm a fan too' was as many of us knew a load of bull from a man who was simply doing a job. He got a new one and vanished and we've not heard a word from him since, not even so much as a thanks and goodbye.

Straight from the kick off they pushed Ramsay up close to Van Persie and were passing through our midfield and they were at our defence. The second penalty wasn't a foul, you can see the Arsenal player saying to Bent 'you didn't foul me'. Th ref was poor, he didn't do anything about the RVP elbow on Cuellar and the offside against Gardner late on was embarrassing.We played well first half and we blew it in the first 15 mins of the second half and lost to 2 pens and a joke goal.

Dunney was lucky not to get a red on the first penalty in fairness.

Only good thing is in the summer Dunne, Collins and Warnock will all have just 1 year left on their contracts...so ideal time to ship them out.

Straight from the kick off they pushed Ramsay up close to Van Persie and were passing through our midfield and they were at our defence. The second penalty wasn't a foul, you can see the Arsenal player saying to Bent 'you didn't foul me'. Th ref was poor, he didn't do anything about the RVP elbow on Cuellar and the offside against Gardner late on was embarrassing.We played well first half and we blew it in the first 15 mins of the second half and lost to 2 pens and a joke goal.

Dunney was lucky not to get a red on the first penalty in fairness.

Only good thing is in the summer Dunne, Collins and Warnock will all have just 1 year left on their contracts...so ideal time to ship them out.

What's to say McLeish won't give them all new contracts?

I havent been on all season. Can someone tell me what happened to the generals thread?

Basically all that 'I'm one of you', 'I'm a fan too' was as many of us knew a load of bull from a man who was simply doing a job. He got a new one and vanished and we've not heard a word from him since, not even so much as a thanks and goodbye.

Don't wish to generalise but I think we are all learning a valuable lesson about American Owners and Football clubs. In the long term they are not a good match.

You see, the Wolves game was just paper over the cracks. That was exactly the same performance. Only difference was Keane who pulled out 2 hollywood goals out of nowhere, Wolves lost their best player through injury and was a man down. Our defence were still the same shit. We still couldn't keep the ball well enough. We had no aggressive plan to break them even when they were 10 men down. Yet just because we won that fans go blind, yet now we've lost a game they can actually see what a pile of rubbish this team is through management and indiviual errors.

Don't expect us to win against QPR either unless Keane somehow bags more hollywood goals. There's no Plan A to break down a team under McLeish. Just remember when we had to respond against Swansea and how many shots did we have on target? The Swansea defence were extremely comfortable and they're not the first. Alot of teams have managed to walk away with a clean sheet victory at Villa Park, while our useless manager just stands there looking way out of his depth.

The best we can hope is to stay up. Isn't it cool that we've been in the Premier League since it's birth and have the same ambition as Norwich who were in League 1 just two seasons ago? Yet what's more worse they'll probably finish above us due to the sheer gap quality of managers.

**** you McLeish, you piece of shite.

Don't wish to generalise but I think we are all learning a valuable lesson about American Owners and Football clubs. In the long term they are not a good match.

Quite possibly.

Maybe a lesson in posting with respect learned by a lot of folk as well, as before he left, some of the posts aimed at him were quite discusting and embarrassing.

Of course it was PR, but I think Trents a little harsh on him above - as he asked many a time for people to ask questions in an appropriate manner. Instead he was bombarded with 'I wish you and Randy would f**k off back to where you came from etc' and it just turned into a bit of a cringeworthy joke.

A thread that ran its course in which neither parties covered themselves in glory by the end.

What has Randy's nationality got to do with his ownership of the club?

That came out wrong. Sorry.

I just don't think the majority of Americans really understand what football means to people here. They may see it, but they will never feel it. Whether this has had a bearing on what is happening to our club I don't know so I probably should have made such a generalised comment.

Quite possibly.

Maybe a lesson in posting with respect learned by a lot of folk as well, as before he left, some of the posts aimed at him were quite discusting and embarrassing.

Of course it was PR, but I think Trents a little harsh on him above - as he asked many a time for people to ask questions in an appropriate manner. Instead he was bombarded with 'I wish you and Randy would f**k off back to where you came from etc' and it just turned into a bit of a cringeworthy joke.

A thread that ran its course in which neither parties covered themselves in glory by the end.

In that case you cant blame him for no longer posting. Sounds like it really was for the best it coming to an end.

You are wrong, we couldn't have moderated it more heavily and all abuse was removed. That was not the reason he stopped posting or the thread was closed but hey what would I know I only spent countless hours over a number of years moderating the thing.

At the end of the day he simply stopped posting when he got a new job. There was nothing harsh or untrue about what I posted.

Anyway this is a thread about our manager so lets get it back on topic shall we.

You see, the Wolves game was just paper over the cracks. That was exactly the same performance. Only difference was Keane who pulled out 2 hollywood goals out of nowhere, Wolves lost their best player through injury and was a man down. Our defence were still the same shit. We still couldn't keep the ball well enough. We had no aggressive plan to break them even when they were 10 men down. Yet just because we won that fans go blind, yet now we've lost a game they can actually see what a pile of rubbish this team is through management and indiviual errors.

Don't expect us to win against QPR either unless Keane somehow bags more hollywood goals. There's no Plan A to break down a team under McLeish. Just remember when we had to respond against Swansea and how many shots did we have on target? The Swansea defence were extremely comfortable and they're not the first. Alot of teams have managed to walk away with a clean sheet victory at Villa Park, while our useless manager just stands there looking way out of his depth.

The best we can hope is to stay up. Isn't it cool that we've been in the Premier League since it's birth and have the same ambition as Norwich who were in League 1 just two seasons ago? Yet what's more worse they'll probably finish above us due to the sheer gap quality of managers.

Agreed on all accounts.

For what it's worthy I think we've amassed enough points at this stage to stay up.

Oh all hail Lerner and McLeish.

It's a sad state of affairs when fans are looking around and hoping that there are three worse teams in the PL than us!

What has Lerner and Mcleish done to this once proud and wonderful club?

Not so sure Mantis, we could easily get sucked in to the relegation battle. You'd think there must be 3 worse teams in the league then us though.
Nah, we'll be ok. I don't think you'll need as many points to stay up this season and there will be games where the quality of ours players will see us through.

That said, if our squad was poorer or we had a huge injury crisis then we'd be in big trouble with McLeish at the helm.

Yawn. I hope we win against QPR just to prove how wrong you are. Outside of a bad 20 minutes before Warnock came on we dominated Wolves.

Â