The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is doing 6.5/10 for me. each win and loss from now on it goes up or down 0.5.

so if we lose to Arsenal and beat QPR and Bolton he will be on 7/10. that is about right for me.

if we lose all 3 then it's 5/10 and if we win all three it's 7.5/10.

I think that will be the barometer for me.

I have it on record when asked when he was at the blues " would you like to be the manager of villa" he said " I would love it"
That's a given though isn't it? It's like asking a tramp whether they would like to live in a mansion.

is it?

Would Fergie want to be manager of city?, would Dalglish want the Everton Job, would Moyes want the Liverpool job? does Redknapp want the Arsenal job?

I ain't so sure it was ever a given.

He could have said " any premiership team other than Villa"

I have it on record when asked when he was at the blues " would you like to be the manager of villa" he said " I would love it"
That's a given though isn't it? It's like asking a tramp whether they would like to live in a mansion.

is it?

Would Fergie want to be manager of city?, would Dalglish want the Everton Job, would Moyes want the Liverpool job? does Redknapp want the Arsenal job?

I was making a joke about how much of a step up we are over SHA. The gap between us and SHA is much bigger than teams like Man U and Man City, Liverpool and Everton etc.

is it?

I was making a joke about how much of a step up we are over SHA. The gap between us and SHA is much bigger than teams like Man U and Man City, Liverpool and Everton etc.

sorry, for misinterpreting your sense of humour.

I just took the guys comments on face value....He didn't have to say it.

ps I'm not like a number of Villa fans, who are preoccupied by the blues.....I have absolutely no interest in them....I wish them no harm....but they do not register one iota on my richter scale.

Oh i had forgot you are the bizarely MON obsessed and continual odd "MON was crap" and to blame for everything poster of the board.

Something else that you post wrong.

The bizarre obsession with O'Neill seems to come from the people who cannot accept that he has gone, and have not been prepared to give either of his successors a chance.

On the record again, I have always thought that O'Neill was crap (although I gave him a chance), and I smile when I see people slag off McLeish, whose CV and style of football are almost a mirror of O'Neill's.

I smile also when our current 'problems' are used as a measure of the 'success' of finishing 6th for three seasons on the trot, for two of which at least there was a complete failure to show improvement.

I don't, and never have, blamed O'Neill for everything. It was not his fault that he was handed responsibility that was above his capabilities, and he cannot be blamed for acting like a child in a sweet shop.

My opinion (this board is about opinions, in case you have missed that) is that given the backing that he received, pound for pound, O'Neill has to be on the list of worst Villa managers ever. Had he managed to improve upon that 6th place and overtaken Everton, or deliver us an odd Carling Cup, then perhaps we could look at his time differently.

He is a hero in Glasgow, Dublin and Leicester, all understandable, but the worship of him by some who frequent B6 is completely illogical.

So,skimming through the last few pages it would appear opinions are softening and generally fans are warming to McLeish

This can only be good for us long term

Yes, about as much as opinions are softening for Myra Hindley!

Why anyone would be happy to accept the mediocrity of having Mcleish in charge is beyond me.

Because we have all accepted mediocrity for the last 10 years?

I must have imagined the protests against doug and the cries for DOL and houllier to be sacked.

Your love for randy has lowered your expectations and made you completely change the past.

So,skimming through the last few pages it would appear opinions are softening and generally fans are warming to McLeish

This can only be good for us long term

I just don't understand the whole give him time and support and we'll be great argument. I think getting rid and bringing in a better manager would be better for us long term.

I was with a couple of blues fans last night and they are over the moon that he's gone. They said there was no way they'd be scoring all the goals they have if Mcleish was still there. They enjoy watching their team now.

He had time and support at blues and took them down for a second time in 3 years.

What qualifies as success for him this season?

What targets do we think the board have given him?

I think Lerner is happy as long as we don't go down.

What are you happy with?

I think our squad is good enough for around the top half and it wouldn't hurt to be entertained a bit more.

Why anyone would be happy to accept the mediocrity of having Mcleish in charge is beyond me.

Because we have all accepted mediocrity for the last 10 years?

I must have imagined the protests against doug and the cries for DOL and houllier to be sacked.

Your love for randy has lowered your expectations and made you completely change the past.

Unlike some on here BJ10, I don't have a 'love' for anyone involved with the club. I guess that in your mind someone who doesn't slag the owner off, gives him the respect that he deserves, and doesn't make constant childish references to a tattoo, has a 'love' for him.

I think that Mr Lerner is the best owner in my lifetime, because he has done much to arrest the decay of the club in general.

He also hired a manager who was a popular choice with many, and gave him complete backing, which has turned out to be a costly mistake, but Mr Lerner's mistake nonetheless.

My expectations haven't been lowered at all, as I did not for one minute think that under O'Neill we would break the top 4 or enjoy Cup success, although I do concede that he ran us close on the latter.

McLeish may end up surprising us in the next year or so, by guiding us to cup glory and a loftier position in the league. I hope so but, just as with O'Neill, I have no expectations, lower or otherwise.

What qualifies as success for him this season?

What targets do we think the board have given him?

I think Lerner is happy as long as we don't go down.

What are you happy with?

I think our squad is good enough for around the top half and it wouldn't hurt to be entertained a bit more.

I agree with you :shock:

I also think that the signs are there that McLeish is trying to get them playing more entertaining football.

But only signs at the moment...let's keep fingers crossed!

In defence of McLeish, he inherited the squad and instantly lost our best / most creative 2 players (Ash & DJ)

That considered and with the limited time and cash he's had, I'd say he's doing well

Â