Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Stu_The_Villan

Basically counter strike source with updated maps and graphics
Analogous to Call of Duty series then. No creativity at all, just updated graphics with every new edition.

If it aint broke dont fix it. Nobody has changed the rules of Chess for a couple of thousand years now, yet people still play it.

I dont think CS: GO is supposed to be a triple A monster hit game. Valve are just putting it out there and seeing what happens.

Fair enough, to each his own I guess. I personally don't see the point in paying $70 for updated graphics alone.

Why would steam release it for free on PC? What do they have to gain from that?

a3nyR.png

TF2 has blew up since it went free to play. It got Valve a ton of extra people signing up for Steam and enough of them have spent enough money since signing up that Valve are ahead of where they would have been if TF2 was still £15.

I don't think Counter Strike will have a shop where you can buy crazy hats for your character, but a free to play model with micro transactions is something Valve are clearly willing to do and as this game will cost them hardly anything to make then this might be the next thing they experiment with. Maybe we will see some kind of Black Ops gun camo/face paint style customisation in the game. All cosmetic stuff, nothing to break the balance of the game. Not saying it will happen, but it might.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I too echo that ^

Watched some Youtube videos of people playing the Beta and it looks awesome. Quite bored of BF3 and the DLC content is a joke. Need a new game to play, and I want CS:GO. Even though it's going to be solid!

• 4 months later...

I got it. An odd purchase for me, it's not really my sort of thing but I have very fond memories of it 7 or 8 years ago and thought, why not give it another go. I remember the maps, wonderfully designed and just so incredibly fun and simple. The only thing is, I am absolutely shit at it. It's a bit embarrassing. :oops:

Would be cool to start up some VT matches in the future though if we can get enough people.

Â