Gears of War 3

jadenb42

There are parts of this game which are magnificent fun, but there are parts which are a real grind too. The Lambent Zerker section feels like a chore and there is a battle in a dry dock with some armoured guys who have a Sonic the Hedgehog style spin attack which is almost as bad.

some armoured guys who have a Sonic the Hedgehog style spin attack which is almost as bad.

Eh? I honestly have no recollection whatsoever of armoured guys doing sonic the hedgehog spin attacks.

I must have been pissed during that level

Armoured Kantus enemies do it

cannot get to level 50.

going to complete the campaign and trade in for FIFA 12. then it's onto Skyrim and Arkham City.

god nowadays you need to be earning a lot of money to keep up with the games industry nowadays.

Still havnt given the online a blast yet, apart from a crack at the co-op campaign with some of you lads. Had a small go at Horde for maybe an hour, but havnt given the team death type games a good go yet. I like to get the campaign finished before getting stuck into the multi-player stuff.

This is a keeper for me. So much fun online and with all the DLC coming out for it, im gonna be busy for a long time methinks.

oh as soon as it's £19 pre owned I will be buying again.

I can get £30 trade in for Gears 3, so why keep it and get nothing in the future when I can get FIFA 12 for £12 this week as a result and buy gears back at christmas for half the price?

don't have £40 to get FIFA12 but really want it.

I know they do a forward roll, but I wouldn't call it a spin attack. I usually kill them before they get chance to do it anyway.

Sticky grenade FTW.

What difficulty level is that on? They were bullet sponges on Hardcore and grenades were quite scarce too. The first time we encountered the **** we didnt know they were coming and had no grenades at all, I think there was a stockpile of two grenades in the room we were locked in too.

I know they do a forward roll, but I wouldn't call it a spin attack. I usually kill them before they get chance to do it anyway.

Sticky grenade FTW.

What difficulty level is that on? They were bullet sponges on Hardcore and grenades were quite scarce too. The first time we encountered the **** we didnt know they were coming and had no grenades at all, I think there was a stockpile of two grenades in the room we were locked in too.

Insane. No point in using guns on them with their armour, you need explosive power. Boomshot is good. Fire once and they scream, when their gob is opened (it's a bright white light) open fire at that spot. That's the only time you should be shooting. I boomshot then frag their ass. You don't fight many anyway.

Yeah, the only way you can kill the armoured Kantus is with explosives or lighting them up with the scorcher. You can actually one shot kill them with the torque bow - by shooting the little yellow light in their mouth when they scream.

And as far as i know they dont have sonic like roll attacks :lol:

Honestly I just see it as a forward roll evasive move, not an attack. However like I previously said I kill them before they get chance to blink ;)

It is definitely an attack. They blast you to your knees and then roll directly at you finishing you off.

Â