Gears of War 3

jadenb42

***SPOILERS***

I knew Dom would die at some point, it was just a matter of when and where.

That's the awesome part of it for me. It was pretty much a dead cert after euthanising Maria that Dom wouldn't make it through the next game, and they'd probably cook up some heroic sacrifice for him. Hell, it was almost a cliché but they absolutely nailed it. Especially when the piano riff from Mad World kicked in, **** shivers. Bravo to them for that.

Just had a couple of hours on Horde, got put into a game with 4 russian lads. About 1.5 hours of that was spent pumping lead into a lambent berserker on level 20. Jesus wept. Got to level 28 and had to turn it off due to most of the russians disbanding and also because my eyes were bleeding

***SPOILERS***

That's the awesome part of it for me. It was pretty much a dead cert after euthanising Maria that Dom wouldn't make it through the next game, and they'd probably cook up some heroic sacrifice for him. Hell, it was almost a cliché but they absolutely nailed it. Especially when the piano riff from Mad World kicked in, **** shivers. Bravo to them for that.

quite simply

epic

Spoilers

Did Carmine die?? I thought he did early on in the game, when you fight the lambent berserker and he rips off the arm off somebody who i thought was Carmine. But then at the end i thought i saw Carmine in the helicopter giving air support, then right at the end with 'grub killer' etched into his armour. Confused.

***SPOILERS***

quite simply

epic

I had none of that because it had been brought to my attention that the breastplate of Marcus's armour really looks like E.T. which is both silly and hilarious. I giggled through the epic (and somewhat predictable) moment because I had this image in my head:

n7giz.jpg

Finally completed Horde on Normal. Wave 50 was my bitch. Dread to think what insane is like, but we'll give it a go.

Also started an Insane run through with 2 of my buddies. Got to Chapter 5 in Act 1 (the bit inside the stadium). Not too bad, the Leviathan thing on the boat murdered us until I came up with a strategy which worked first time 8)

Finally completed Horde on Normal. Wave 50 was my bitch

I done this over the weekend. Funnily enough, we had more trouble on waves 48 and 49 than we did 50. I think we got lucky though. The boss fight on wave 50 was a few mini corpsers and one of those centipede things. If we had gotten a lambent berserker instead we would have been fooked.

1 Lambent Zerker is pish. It's the Gunkers and Brumak we have trouble with. Our strategy is to take down as many of the 'minions' as possible prior to the boss. Basically if you have a red bar left when the boss is taken down it has a chance of respawning.

We've got to 50 twice prior to this and failed miserably every time. Think we're getting to know the maps a bit better now though.

Not looking forward to the final boss!

I know yeh. Shouldnt be too hard on co op though. I was having more trouble with the locust that spawn on the edge of the map rather than the actual boss. Having a couple of pals with you should make it alot easier.

Â