Rock/metal pubs and clubs in Birmingham

sicwhite

Shall be heading to Brum for the weekend of November 5th, hopefully for the Norwich game and for UFC 138. Just wanted to know if there's anywhere decent to go for a few pints and some loud music on a Saturday night?

All suggestions appreciated!

Uprawr at The Asylum or Subculture at the O2 academy are usually the best. There is also a new club night at a place called Vudu, which is meant to be the new Subculture (because Subs used to be much better when it was at the Carling Academy, and apparantly Vudu is 'the new subs').

Uprawr plays more pop punky stuff, rock covers, a bit of Hip Hop and then a few of the more mainstream rock songs.

Subculture is more metal, rock and indie (or at least it was when I last went!)

Qwpzxjor1, do you go Uprawr much?

Never been. A friend of mine works there but I've not lived in Birmingham all that long and just haven't been able to get along there yet.

Heard excellent things though.

Isn't there another new one they've been advertising on Kerrang? Nightingale Club is it? Anyone been to that, know if it's worth a look?

Isn't there another new one they've been advertising on Kerrang? Nightingale Club is it? Anyone been to that, know if it's worth a look?

I heard that on Kerrang and thought thats the ghey club. Or is there 2 of them?

I had a look at the Uprawr page on facebook and I think I'll be avoiding that place. It looks like it's full of people who think that Attack Attack! are the pinnacle of heavy music.

Don't think The Nightingale is my cup of tea either, lol!

UFC is at the LG Arena if that makes a difference.

The plan for the Saturday is: airport - hotel - Villa Park - LG Arena - out for a few jars - hotel. Hopefully that shouldn't be too difficult.

If you've any advice on the best/quickest way to get from Villa Park to the LG it would be much appreciated. I'm guessing a taxi would make sense although may not be cheap.

A usual saturday night for Me, used to be.. Subculture until 3, then Subside 3-6, then 6 o'clock stroll over to Maccys for a breakfast, then get the bus home!

I haven't done that in a while and cant imagine me doing it anytime soon!!!

Qwpzxjor1, who do you know from Uprawr? I'm mates with a lot of them too.

A usual saturday night for Me, used to be.. Subculture until 3, then Subside 3-6, then 6 o'clock stroll over to Maccys for a breakfast, then get the bus home!

I haven't done that in a while and cant imagine me doing it anytime soon!!!

Qwpzxjor1, who do you know from Uprawr? I'm mates with a lot of them too.

Did the whole subside thing this saturday again, Maccy's breaky taste so better than usual after a night out like this, even got entertained as we was leaving by a fight breaking out!

Â