Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

agree with you tro, you can instantly spot great youngsters, they don't come along often

according to you they come along every few weeks

that's because they do

make up your mind

they either do or they dont

agree with you tro, you can instantly spot great youngsters, they don't come along often

that's because they do

make up your mind

they do but it doesn't mean that they'll become great players, i enjoy watching their careers unfold

that's because they do

make up your mind

they do but it doesn't mean that they'll become great players, i enjoy watching their careers unfold

Says the guy that thinks Sven still manages Leicester City, when he was sacked 2 months ago and it was all over every back page of national newspapers.

Your opinion is worth as much as James Nursey from the daily mirror.

Sir Gary's posts have always entertained me even though I rarely agree with them, espescially about GG. He obviously enjoys the development process from Academy to first team squad, as do I. We need posters like SGC to brighten up the VT experience. Keep em coming Sir Gary. :lol:

SGC you are certainly not a talent spotter :!:

:D where did i say? i was complimenting tro who i think is an excellent football poster

Spotting football posters?

TRO is the ethan moore of the football posting world, i think he is an excellent talent and a once in a generation poster

if only.....thought that was funny.

by the way who is Ethan Moore....is he any relation to Bobby Moore

that's because they do

make up your mind

Says the guy that thinks Sven still manages Leicester City, when he was sacked 2 months ago and it was all over every back page of national newspapers.

some managers don't always get it right when buying players, posters are no different....Hey Ho we all get something wrong now and again.....its xmas good will and all that.

Ps If i was him I'd post a red herring for good measure.

Sir Gary's posts have always entertained me even though I rarely agree with them, espescially about GG. He obviously enjoys the development process from Academy to first team squad, as do I. We need posters like SGC to brighten up the VT experience. Keep em coming Sir Gary. :lol:

thank you, that was very complimentary

that's because they do

make up your mind

some managers don't always get it right when buying players, posters are no different....Hey Ho we all get something wrong now and again.....its xmas good will and all that.

Ps If i was him I'd post a red herring for good measure.

:D thank you tro, i think you are a superb football poster

:D where did i say? i was complimenting tro who i think is an excellent football poster

TRO is the ethan moore of the football posting world, i think he is an excellent talent and a once in a generation poster

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=2439032

that should explain everything

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=2439032

that should explain everything

thanks, I'll go and cry in the corner or practice writing better.

mind you a result today, would make me feel better.

that's because they do

make up your mind

right, so first you say great youngsters don't come along often, then you say they do come along regularly, but they dont often turn into great players

make up your **** mind son

Like Ethan Moore?

From what I've seen GG can become a very good player. One of the best in many years at VP. Which might not be that hard.

The thing is when it comes to spotting youth talents it ain't as easy as saying "That kid's got talent, he'll make it". He could get badly injured, his mentality might be wrong, not enough determination, go backwards, etc, etc.

GG might end up like Michael Standing, he might end up like Sid Cowans, but probably somewhere between the two. My guess is that he'll be closer to be a new Cowans than a new Standing.

The difference with GG from what I can gather to, say, the Moores or Standing is that he lives his life to play football. He is supposed to be very disciplined and desperate to fulfill his potential as opposed to those who think they have made it when they get a first team number and are more focused on getting a new sports car.

Which I think is very fundamental to be a good player. Very encouraging to hear and I thank you for that. Expected something like that but haven't heard much about it before. Cheers. :thumb:

not a chance, he'll be lucky to make the bench

So, he was lucky then.

No luck about it.. you don't recall someone from a loan spell they are doing well in and then not even put them on the bench. He was never going to start, but he was obviously needed as backup with Herd out and Delph playing poorly.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a decent run out against Swansea.

With fans waiting to jump on AM for the slightest perceived error, playing GG against Swansea would be too risky for AM. If we win great, but then we should beat Swansea shouldn't we? If we lose or draw then, what on earth was AM doing putting an untried kid on the pitch in such a crucial game?

Imo playing Gary Gardner would be a positive thing to do if we intend to play attacking football. However, with three points being the least that fans will accept against Swansea AM is not going to experiment.

GG will add real quality to our midfield when he gets a run in the team, but with AM/PG under real pressure I think that he'll have to wait for injuries to get any more than 15/20 minutes as a sub.

We already have injuries really..

Delph has looked poor, Herd is injured, Clark is a centre back (although did well vs Stoke), Ireland and Bannan are too attacking for that role, and these fixtures may just prove too much for Petrov.

GG has been playing well at Coventry. Granted it's a huge step up, but he's probably got more confidence right now than anyone else in our midfield. I think playing him against Chelsea would be suicide, but against Swansea I reckon he can do a decent job.

No luck about it.. you don't recall someone from a loan spell they are doing well in and then not even put them on the bench. He was never going to start, but he was obviously needed as backup with Herd out and Delph playing poorly.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a decent run out against Swansea.

Totally agree.

Â