Photography?

trimandson

Nikon AF-S DX 35mm f1.8G

Good lens??

Yes. In terms of value for money, absolutely brilliant lens. It's awesome in low light, very easily carried about, and you'll use it loads. Get one would be my strong recommendation.

Thanks Mart.

I can get one for under 150 quid which seems a good bargain based against prices elsewhere and I was seriously tempted from the reviews for the exact reasons you mention Mart.

OK it's treat myself time me thinks

If it's not that one, there's one going for 125 on Talk Photography.

I've got one in mint condition you can buy for £125 if you want. I recently bought the 50mm?

Let me know?

• 2 weeks later...
Chaps... I've got a bit of lens trading to do so if any of this interests you i'm selling:

Excellent Nikon 85 1.4D

I'd be very interested in that at the right price.

Chaps... I've got a bit of lens trading to do so if any of this interests you i'm selling:

Excellent Nikon 85 1.4D

I'd be very interested in that at the right price.

Pm me mate or email/facebook etc what you're thinking :)

Quick help with a dilemma please.

I se a Canon EOS400D with a 75-300mm zoom, virtually every day. The lens is old, and i have for some time coveted the L series 100-400mm, for which i have now saved the pennies.

The idea was to buy this lens and combine it with a new body, probably a 60D, keeping the 400D for 28-135mm, as I don't like changing over lenses on digital SLRs.

The dilemma is that there is a Sigma 120-400mm, which provides me with the desired extra length, and the image stabilisation, but is not as advanced (apparently) but is nearly 500 quid cheaper.

I have no experience of Sigma. Are they worth considering, or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

I se a Canon EOS400D with a 75-300mm zoom, virtually every day. The lens is old, and i have for some time coveted the L series 100-400mm, for which i have now saved the pennies.

The idea was to buy this lens and combine it with a new body, probably a 60D, keeping the 400D for 28-135mm, as I don't like changing over lenses on digital SLRs.

The dilemma is that there is a Sigma 120-400mm, which provides me with the desired extra length, and the image stabilisation, but is not as advanced (apparently) but is nearly 500 quid cheaper.

I have no experience of Sigma. Are they worth considering, or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

I've got that Sigma lens for Nikon, and it's great. Very heavy though, so you'll need a way of stabilising it, especially in poorish light.

... Very heavy though, so you'll need a way of stabilising it, especially in poorish light.
SO it's not just me that thinks that things get heavier in the dark, then? ;)

I've got that Sigma lens for Nikon, and it's great. Very heavy though, so you'll need a way of stabilising it, especially in poorish light.

Talking out of my hoop, I've got the Sigma 150-500mm. As you were.

as I don't like changing over lenses on digital SLRs.

SHouldnt be a problem with a new body, most new bodies have an auto sensor cleaner these days, my D300 one is great, never seen a speck of dust on it in 4 years

As for Sigma, it really does depend on the lens, some are good, some are awful, You ned to do your homework on them

6816446950_ede4442c7e_z.jpg

I was over on Portland earlier in the week and found this place.

Didn't have much time and only had the office snaps camera on me.

But looked interesting, I'll try and get back there with a bit more time to play with.

• 2 weeks later...
Â