Photography?

trimandson

Yeah I enjoyed the fact they were there. I didnt even notice to I got back home from my trip and got the photos all uploaded. Wasnt intentional but it worked out fantastic in the end!

Pic1-2.jpg

View on the Side of the highway on the way south in THe US.

IMG_0116-1-1.jpg

GOlf course here in town

The Imagine one is an interesting one to dioscuss ..

I have a similar shot but when i took it I wanted the whole circle in so went wide angle as I tend to do when taking a picture of an object /building etc.

Mentally i just can't get into my head the concept of taking the shot cropped , I'm the same with monuments I hate having people in them so wait and wait until there isn't anybody around before i take my shot and I always want the whole monument in the picture

The problem then is that from a viewers point of view they lack perspective and can look a tad dull .. where as from my perspective I don't necessarily take my pictures to be viewed by a wider audience it's more about a memento of a place I've visited that comes up randomly on my screen saver or electronic Photo album on my desk at home

So what are others thoughts on this ..crop or full ?

The Imagine one is an interesting one to dioscuss ..

I have a similar shot but when i took it I wanted the whole circle in so went wide angle as I tend to do when taking a picture of an object /building etc.

Mentally i just can't get into my head the concept of taking the shot cropped , I'm the same with monuments I hate having people in them so wait and wait until there isn't anybody around before i take my shot and I always want the whole monument in the picture

The problem then is that from a viewers point of view they lack perspective and can look a tad dull .. where as from my perspective I don't necessarily take my pictures to be viewed by a wider audience it's more about a memento of a place I've visited that comes up randomly on my screen saver or electronic Photo album on my desk at home

I try and go for a different angle on all things structural. When faced with taking a photo of a statue or monument I always try and go from the ground up or take it hiding behind something. A very normal object, like a park bench or a tree adds a different dimension to the picture. I always aim to get plaques or memorials in full and never with people in the shot. I hate the natural look of people standing infront of things.

Is that a Hawker Hunter in the foreground?

On a more general note, New York always looks SO much better in black and white.

I can't remember what it was to be honest, the only planes I remember distinctly are the F-16 and the big stealth bastard, Lockheed I think it was. There isn't many British planes at the museum so I doubt it was a Hawker, although they do have a British Airways Concorde.

And aye, I took most of my photos in black & white, the contrast between buildings is what makes it so cool. Although when around central park a good lot are in colour.

And aye, I took most of my photos in black & white, the contrast between buildings is what makes it so cool. Although when around central park a good lot are in colour.
You took them in B&W? Are they not digital, then?

The Imagine one was annoying the piss out of me because I too wanted a full circle, but to get the full circle (it's a lot bigger than you'd...imagine) I had to get on a bench and get some mad angle, but there were tons of people around so I just went **** it and took the one I posted, which didn't turn out too bad as there is a fair bit of symmetry that makes it look reasonable.

So the answer to your question is keep doing what you prefer until you get pissed off and decide otherwise.

Well they are digital but there is a difference between taking the initial picture in black and white and taking it in colour then changing it to black and white later on. You can capture light differently in b&w, and it is 10x more frustrating, but it's usually worth it.

Not sure if you get that black and white setting on normal digital cameras though, maybe only the poncey ones.

Well they are digital but there is a difference between taking the initial picture in black and white and taking it in colour then changing it to black and white later on. You can capture light differently in b&w, and it is 10x more frustrating, but it's usually worth it.

Not sure if you get that black and white setting on normal digital cameras though, maybe only the poncey ones.

Ah, didn't know that. Haven't really picked up a camera since the days of film.

Â