Gym Routine

olboydave

From experience I know that a lack of a routine (as Nicho says he has) can play havoc with your diet as it means you eat at irregular intervals and can struggle to (pre-)prepare proper meals and means you play catch-up a lot. If I was to guess I'd say that's the biggest hurdle. Start cooking volumes of healthy stuff you can freeze.

The biggest change Ive made to my diet, is actually having breakfast and not eating after 8pm no matter what hours Im doing. It fits in with my days off and about 75% of my working days. Ive now been to the gym four times this week, I Managed 80 mins football on Tuesday and Im training tonight, Saturday & Sunday. 

Half of my battle with my routine is just making sure Im going to the gym even when Im knackered after finishing work, Im aware that isnt the best time to go but it means Im going and I feel better for it.  

The worst thing about not having any routine is that I do my own ROTA, its just that its a 24/7 business and Im paid to be in the business when im needed. 

been off for a week, hurt my arm in vegas (dont ask!) and am just feening to get back into it.

Anybody got any research or opinion on lifting same muscle group twice a day? I will be doing my am workout and then will have an opportunity to lift in the afternoon with some of my classes, is this counter productive?

Got no research to back it up, but I'd say it's counter productive.

You'd be much better off concentrating on one muscle group in the morning and another in the evening.

Remember your muscles grow when you're resting. Hitting the same muscle group hours later will just interrupt that rest.

Don't see the point in training twice a day at all let alone the same muscle group.

I sometimes give it twice a day, and it doesn't seem to do me any harm. 

As long as you're doing 2 completely different muscle groups, and give yourself enough time in between workouts, then I don't see the problem.

Only know a lad whos on juice who trains twice in a day ...(not saying you are)

Anyway last day in the gym membership up dont know if I will be back to the same gym (due to work)

Deadlift and squat 80 happpy with that,  benching I think was a psychological barrier  rows ok ..overhead was just a word removed 

Don't see the point in training twice a day at all let alone the same muscle group.

I sometimes give it twice a day, and it doesn't seem to do me any harm. 

As long as you're doing 2 completely different muscle groups, and give yourself enough time in between workouts, then I don't see the problem.

You have to do whatever you need to do to fit in with your lifestyle - work etc, whilst still ensuring you can get your workouts in. If that means training twice a day then so be it. I have certainly done it in the past.

Bottom line with all this is that there is no no one size fits all when it comes to body-building/keeping fit. Workout routines, times of day/night to train, amount of training sessions, levels of cardio or even training at the gym or at home we will all differ in terms of what suits and works for us.

• Like 1

Trying to work out how much he's lifting there.

Guessing that's in the states

6 x 40lb plates, 2 x 20lb plates, 2 x 10lb plates, plus the bar (40lbs)?

340lbs. Which is about 155kg

Thoughts?

Edited by Stevo985

but even his left and right leg look different

The long shorts are being pulled at the front by the bar btw. OK that's as close to ghey as I'm getting :D

Trying to work out how much he's lifting there.

Guessing that's in the states

6 x 40lb plates, 2 x 20lb plates, 2 x 10lb plates, plus the bar (40lbs)?

340lbs. Which is about 155kg

Thoughts?

Iirc Murican colour coding was 45lb for red, 35lb for blue, and I'd guess 20lb for the black one. I agree there also looks like there's a little 10lb plate on there and their bars tend to be 45lb which puts the total at 355lb (161kg) by my calculations.

• Like 1

So what we're saying is, I'm stronger than Wolverine?

You need a codename. At my peak I was @ 150kg so I'm nearly as strong :P I think the upperbody would leave me for dead though !

Â