Uncharted 3

jat_r

Finally finished the second one yesterday, superb stuff. Be interesting to see how they top some of the magnificent set-pieces.

I loved the first one and didn't think they could top that but they did. I think this one will be immense! Cannot wait for it. Trailers look great!

Massive Uncharted fan. Uncharted Drakes Fortune was the game i originally bought with my Playstation a few years ago and i was instantly hooked on the series. In fact, ive just finished playing through Drakes Fortune again, as when i originally played it though there where no trophies available for it.

Cant wait for the third instalment of the series.

I wonder if we will have another 'hot' new female character in the game lol. We've had Chloe and Elena. I hope we see some more of Sully. The guy made me laugh lol.

Anyone played the multi beta yet? I've got it on download, so will hopefully give it a go later. It ends July 14, so get it asap. The beta for 2 was a bunch of fun, I seem to remember

Well I was sat waiting for 10 minutes for a Team Deathmatch and never got into one, and then waiting another 10 minutes for a co-op game and didn't get into one of those either! So that's pretty shitty. I'll give it another try later.

Some of the new gameplay videos are fantasic though, some above mentioned how would they be able to top some of the set pieces from no.2. Well, there's a full gameplay video, muct last about 10 mins, of Nate on a ship in a stormy ocean. The scenery is swaying, things are all over the deck, there's water everywhere...Nate makes his way through the ship and gets ambushed, and there's an explosion - naturally :lol: Then he proceeds to escape the ship while it floods in real time. The effect of the water rushing in to the ship is just glorious...look forward to it!

A major critical and commercial success, it was named by Metacritic as the most critically acclaimed game of 2009, and won Game of the Year awards on IGN, Eurogamer, Game Informer, Joystiq, Kotaku, Giant Bomb, AIAS, X-Play, Game Developers Choice Awards, and the Spike Video Game Awards for the year 2009.

Wikipedia

It's still a subjective thing though. Uncharted 2 was great, but I dont think it would be in my top five for game of the current gen.

I've just started Uncharted 2 on hard after having done a couple of normal runs when it first came out getting all the treasure and that. I'm actually quite surpised how easy it's been so far, haven't died in a fire fight yet, and I can say with some honesty as much as I like video games, I not actually very good at most of them D:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've out done myself and have finished Uncharterd 2 on crushing now, as well as hard, so have got the platinum :D

Some parts were very very tough, the boss on the train, the part with the 2 guardians in shambala when you're in a courtyard, pretty much the whole of the monastray. And the the big fire fight near the end with the bad guys and the guardians was nuts. I will admit to using the 'easy' method on the final boss though, as I struggled to beat him on normal, let alone hard+

The Beta for U3 has finished, but I got a few games in, it was alright. This is all about the single player for me though. These couple of runs have filled me with confidence, so I think I'll jump straight in at hard

• 2 months later...

There's a new multiplayer beta up on PSN. I tried it yesterday, hoping to play co-op, but for some reason it wasn't available. So I played one of the other game modes, being both very rusty and as a level 1 without the perks of the other players - and got my ass handed to me by a bunch of levels 20-30. Oh well!

Â