Uncharted 3

jat_r

Well I've out done myself and have finished Uncharterd 2 on crushing now, as well as hard, so have got the platinum :D

Some parts were very very tough, the boss on the train, the part with the 2 guardians in shambala when you're in a courtyard, pretty much the whole of the monastray. And the the big fire fight near the end with the bad guys and the guardians was nuts. I will admit to using the 'easy' method on the final boss though, as I struggled to beat him on normal, let alone hard+

The Beta for U3 has finished, but I got a few games in, it was alright. This is all about the single player for me though. These couple of runs have filled me with confidence, so I think I'll jump straight in at hard

Whoa, there was an 'easy' method of beating the final boss. It took me frickin' ages to do on crushing. My girlfriend kept telling me to leave it, as she could tell my head was close to exploding.

And on another note, I am loving multiplayer beta. I just find Uncharted online more fun, then multiplayer games such as COD. Which some of my friends are way to serious about.

Really looking forward to this, almost as much as skyrim. Its out next tuesday over here right? One of those simultaneous launches that makes us feel like the yanks for a bit isnt it?

I will admit to using the 'easy' method on the final boss though, as I struggled to beat him on normal, let alone hard+

Whoa, there was an 'easy' method of beating the final boss. It took me frickin' ages to do on crushing. My girlfriend kept telling me to leave it, as she could tell my head was close to exploding.

Yes pal, basicaly you get close to him and melee attack. You can't hit him, and he'll pick you up, headbutt you and leave you on the ground. Here's the good bit - get him close to a patch of the blue stuff, shoot it and injure him. Melee him over and over until the blue stuff regenerates. Rinse and repeat :D

I will admit to using the 'easy' method on the final boss though, as I struggled to beat him on normal, let alone hard+

Yes pal, basicaly you get close to him and melee attack. You can't hit him, and he'll pick you up, headbutt you and leave you on the ground. Here's the good bit - get him close to a patch of the blue stuff, shoot it and injure him. Melee him over and over until the blue stuff regenerates. Rinse and repeat :D

Sh*tting hell, I never even tried to melee the bastard.

I wonder if we will have another 'hot' new female character in the game lol. We've had Chloe and Elena. I hope we see some more of Sully. The guy made me laugh lol.

You will...

Put a few hours into this today, it's incredible. There are so many nice little touches and new animations that just make what was brilliant even better...

Really hope this is waiting for me when I get home from work, looking forward to it so much more than Batman. I don't think I will touch that for a few months now, seeing as Skyrim is only just round the corner aswell

Been playing it most of the evening, just finished chapter 7 which was **** intense! Loving it. Started playing on hard from the off, I figure I'll get some more satisitaction from beating it that way.

Completed my first play through on hard in just under 9 hours. Wonderful! Not as good as Uncharted 2 I don't think, possibly due to the villain being a bit rubbish, and also the fact that when the trophies popped up for completing it I thought 'oh is that it then?' - which is funny as the boss on U2 was so **** frustrating (until finding out the easy way to do it), but a definitive END fight for the game, it was almost as if there was something missing in this one. I'm not really sure if I wanted a a super end boss battle or not really. Got about 60 of the trasures, and about 50% of the trophies, so will probably try a playthrough on easy to get the majority of those done, and maybe an attempt on crushing. Bit bummed there's no unlocks for finishing the game though! Playing through the others with unlimited ammo and an RPG constantly was a great lark

Just finished.on hard, looks absolutely amazing, and some great levels. But way too short and way too easy. They really pull you through some of the levels too quickly. And any difficult part was offset by an abundance of high power eeapons lying around.

Just finished.on hard, looks absolutely amazing, and some great levels. But way too short and way too easy. They really pull you through some of the levels too quickly. And any difficult part was offset by an abundance of high power eeapons lying around.

• 3 weeks later...

Now, I appreciate that I am a good 5 years out of date here but I have tonight just completed the FIRST Uncharted.. Wow, what a game! I have recently just got back into gaming, so I am going through and playing all the so called "best" games available and Uncharted certainly doesn't disappoint.

I am going to move on to Uncharted 2 now and apparently that is even better than the first, people agree? Oh and obviously Uncharted 3 is on the Christmas list ;)

Not getting along well with UC3 at all to be fair. I love the story and characters, but the shooting bits are really shit IMO. Just a bunch of bastard assholes thrown at you, rinse and repeat. It feels a bit cheap. If the shooting mechanics had been decent I might not have objected so strongly, but they really, really aren't.

• 4 weeks later...

I got this for Christmas; not played any of the previous ones but generally have an idea of the characters/story etc. I must say i'm extremely underwhelmed so far. I can't knock the graphics/presentation, they are pretty phenomenal, however, I don't know if i'm missing the point of the game but the depth of gameplay is so thin it's incredible.

Everything seems sort of automatic, like you barely have to do a thing and requires no real skill level. The shooting bits are quite sloppy too, which is a surprise. I dunno, I may get more in to it, but I think I prefer games to be games and not films, which it sort of feels like.

Â