What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

This could take a while.

Have been lucky to acquire the equivalent of a car "barn find". late brother-in law's wife has given us all his albums that have sat in a cupboard since he passed in 2007.

I thought there might be a couple of hundred but the first two bagfuls are done and we are almost at 150, probably gonna be 3-400.

Some thing for everyone so far, Bowie, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, rainbow, some Motown and Stax, lots of prog, tangerine dream and Amon duul, Jethro Tull, Stranglers, Cat Stevens , Beach Boys,  Rush, Hawkwind, Motorhead. 

I'll get back when I'm finished!

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

This could take a while.

Have been lucky to acquire the equivalent of a car "barn find". late brother-in law's wife has given us all his albums that have sat in a cupboard since he passed in 2007.

I thought there might be a couple of hundred but the first two bagfuls are done and we are almost at 150, probably gonna be 3-400.

Some thing for everyone so far, Bowie, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, rainbow, some Motown and Stax, lots of prog, tangerine dream and Amon duul, Jethro Tull, Stranglers, Cat Stevens , Beach Boys,  Rush, Hawkwind, Motorhead. 

I'll get back when I'm finished!

You can chuck the Amon Duul my way if you don't want them :D 

• Haha 1

OK so out of a total 0f 289 discs:

39 I already have (will check to see which are in best condition) then step daughter gets first dibs.

About 60 I don't want, not my genre, step daughter will be having a lot of these and if she doesnt want em I'll put em on ebay.

About 25 12" singles, nearly all 80's cack. Going.

Five Beatles LPs, have cleaned three old ones for play testing and possible sale. "It;s A Hard days Night" seems to gor for twenty quid in seriuosly crap condition.

Defo keeping the Tangerine dream, Motorhead, UFO, Amon Duul, Stranglers, Kraftwerk,  Rush, Deep Purple , Ozzy/Randy Rhoads, Family, Focus, Hawkwind, the two Neil Young that I haven't already got, Pink Floyd, Van der Graaf, King Crimson.

My brother in law was quite a collector, travelled the world after leaving RAF, lived in a kibbutz somewhere, lived in that commune in Scotland, had a childrens book published, worked as a trans-euro lorry driver, and started building a house in France before getting a brain tumour in 2006.

Thanks for the music Gary.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Amon Duul = Roomful of hippies

Amon Duul II = The musically talented distilled from that roomful of hippies.

It is Amon Duul II

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Piper at the gates of dawn picture disk is a bootleg I think

It certainly is, not allowed to sell on Discogs but the last time it was, £90+. Defo a keeper :)

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

It certainly is, not allowed to sell on Discogs but the last time it was, £90+. Defo a keeper :)

Turn it into a clock, you'll get more for it, cheapo clock mechanism, cheap gold frame, £300 sorted

Its about as much use as a chocloate teapot as a record :D  Picture Discs are shit

55 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

My copy of this album sounds like at some point in the last 30 years I had a go at cleaning it with a Brillo pad.

But from memory, it was piss poor quality from day 1. Always wondered if it was a rogue copy, or the whole batch were duffers.

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My copy of this album sounds like at some point in the last 30 years I had a go at cleaning it with a Brillo pad.

But from memory, it was piss poor quality from day 1. Always wondered if it was a rogue copy, or the whole batch were duffers.

There were definitely some ropey re-presses of it in the 80s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Turn it into a clock, you'll get more for it, cheapo clock mechanism, cheap gold frame, £300 sorted

Its about as much use as a chocloate teapot as a record :D  Picture Discs are shit

Generally I agree, this one actually sounds half decent.

56 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Mine stuck on side two, track four I think.

Put it through the spincleaner and it's all good now.

• Like 1

Â