What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

"Carnival of Light" by Ride.

It has made me remember why I stopped buying their stuff after the first 2 albums.

My wife loved them, particularly those first few ep's I liked my indie a little more upbeat and so if ever the day happens, heaven forbid, that we have to separate the record collections I will take one solitary single in twisterella. 

"Carnival of Light" by Ride.

It has made me remember why I stopped buying their stuff after the first 2 albums.

My wife loved them, particularly those first few ep's I liked my indie a little more upbeat and so if ever the day happens, heaven forbid, that we have to separate the record collections I will take one solitary single in twisterella. 

The first 2 EPs are definitely the best. They were a fantastic live band.  

• Like 1

My circle of friends and wife really loved them, essentially saying what you are saying, I just didnt like that shoegaze era full stop, similarly and I feel this will go against popular opinion, loveless by MBV, I just cant listen to.

Haha You got no chance, they mean the world to him. He's got villa programmes from as far back as the 40s and 50s when he first started going, and he stupidly sold a handfull of them once. Biggest mistake of his life he said. His lps and programmes are his gold.

Johnny_Cash_At_Folsom_Prison.jpg

An old favourite. Listened to it on the way to work this morning. I always thought I liked the version of Cocaine Blues best, but I was reminded how great the version of Orange Blossom Special is on this recording. 

• Like 1

An old favourite. Listened to it on the way to work this morning. I always thought I liked the version of Cocaine Blues best, but I was reminded how great the version of Orange Blossom Special is on this recording. 

As someone who doesn't generally like live albums, this is my favourite of all time. Absolutely love it.

• Like 1

Orange blossom special is my favourite cash album, you are right its a great version on this album and this is a pretty damn good album. To be contrary I think Pa Osteraker, a swedish prison album is great, worth anyones time. Its the better of his prison albums. Its from a good period, in my eyes at least, and its not got the usual Cash hits on it at least on the original, the rerelease did. Great album.

• Like 1

Orange blossom special is my favourite cash album, you are right its a great version on this album and this is a pretty damn good album. To be contrary I think Pa Osteraker, a swedish prison album is great, worth anyones time. Its the better of his prison albums. Its from a good period, in my eyes at least, and its not got the usual Cash hits on it at least on the original, the rerelease did. Great album.

My mate put a load of Cash albums on my external hard drive (he's a massive fan and has most of his albums), so I'll have a look to see if it's on there.

My mate put a load of Cash albums on my external hard drive (he's a massive fan and has most of his albums), so I'll have a look to see if it's on there.

If you have it, have a listen to Were You There When They Crucified My Lord, its a gospel song and its the greatest thing ever recorded, anita carter comes in near the start and I have not heard anything that comes close to how good that song is. I appreciate that its one mans opinion, at the very least its a great tune. 

Â