• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not my fault you're stupid. In the 09/10 season we had no sponsor, during the end of that season we get a ceo to drive to get revenue in the following summer. Randy says sell to buy, wage bill too high in relation to revenue. Why on earth did we spend two seasons without a sponsor if we needed money? Why only in the summer of 2010 did we get a ceo and go try get a huge income stream like a shirt sponsor?

What was happening up until then, years of no ceo, years of no sponsor. Randy let the club get like that and only write up to the reality I'm the 09/10 season.

We gave the sponsor to a charity, sometimes there are things that can be done that are more important than football. Obviously those kids a lot less fortunate than no doubt someone like yourself appreciated it more than you do.

And any need to call anyone stupid?

Randy could given money to the charity if he wanted. We suffered on the pitch as a result of not having the extra income of a shirt sponsor. We are a football club, not a charity.

The reason given, IIRC, from within the club (Gen K/ MM/ OS) was that the sponsors offered to us did not value our shirt high enough. So instead of having some crappy name 'tombola' or 'tesco bag 24/7' on our shirt for a few million, we opted to go with Acorns.

I loved the fact we did that. I'm glad Randy values our shirt enough to turn down a stingy offer from a company who will make our shirts look cheap.

Turning down an offer of £2m-ish per year, isn't going to effect us massively is it?

To be honest I think McLeish was the target when MON left too, but obviously timing wasnt right back then. I remember one journalist tweeting something on the lines of "If avfc get No1 target, it will be VERY controversial" back in August last year.

Looking at McLeish "the manager"....his teams are horrible to play against, and thats what we need again. We were too much of a soft touch last season, throwing away leads and giving silly goals away....I certainly think McLeish would sort the defence out. Birmingham didn't score many goals last season which would obviously be a concern....but then again, we weren't scoring many either until we got Darren Bent. I also think (on the whole) he's got a good eye for a bargain in the transfer market...Dann, Johnson, Gardner for example...and most of his "flop" signings were loans anyway.

So if he comes, I'm willing to give him a chance...I hope you all do too! We dont need a split camp again at the start of next season.

Facebook page update...

Aston Villa Supporters - We don't want Alex McLeish. (Facebook group)

The club has responded in person and acknowledged this group's letter. We will hear from them later tonight....

It's not my fault you're stupid. In the 09/10 season we had no sponsor, during the end of that season we get a ceo to drive to get revenue in the following summer. Randy says sell to buy, wage bill too high in relation to revenue. Why on earth did we spend two seasons without a sponsor if we needed money? Why only in the summer of 2010 did we get a ceo and go try get a huge income stream like a shirt sponsor?

What was happening up until then, years of no ceo, years of no sponsor. Randy let the club get like that and only write up to the reality I'm the 09/10 season.

There is no need for the abuse is there, calm yourself.

I dont understand why your ignoring my question about how things in the past make us a poorly run club now?

But i suppose there is a reason why you ignore questions and twist everything else.

Anyway this thread is not about Randy or how things are run its how Villa fans overreact to a little tommy squeaker never mind a manager appointment.

Since randy took over he has poorly managed the club until he realised this in the 09/10 season resulting in the breakdown of relations with O' Neill. He'd he erin the club properly and increased our income by tapping the stands all other clubs did we would probably still have o'neill. The current mess is the result of Randy's mistakes in his first years here.

That is what I've said repeatedly, you just fail to understand simple English. Randy mismanaged and now we are still in that mess as he tries to fix it.

Yes, he made mistakes as an owner, considering it's the first time in football, like anyone, a player or a coach ....you make mistakes. Same with the owners, you learn from those mistakes and that's what he's doing and now rectifying. Although the view O'Neill would still be here etc...is just sheer speculation.

We've finished 11th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 9th under Randy.....I'd say overall, he's done a fine job for this club, it's a shame you don't feel that you can give a board time to work things out, a board who have put a £100 million+ into the club but that's not good enough for us ...

To be honest I think McLeish was the target when MON left too, but obviously timing wasnt right back then. I remember one journalist tweeting something on the lines of "If avfc get No1 target, it will be VERY controversial" back in August last year.

Looking at McLeish "the manager"....his teams are horrible to play against, and thats what we need again. We were too much of a soft touch last season, throwing away leads and giving silly goals away....I certainly think McLeish would sort the defence out. Birmingham didn't score many goals last season which would obviously be a concern....but then again, we weren't scoring many either until we got Darren Bent. I also think (on the whole) he's got a good eye for a bargain in the transfer market...Dann, Johnson, Gardner for example...and most of his "flop" signings were loans anyway.

So if he comes, I'm willing to give him a chance...I hope you all do too! We dont need a split camp again at the start of next season.

As I was saying earlier in this thread....

Maybe McLeish was touted by Randy Lerner all along?

Picture the scene:

Late July/Mid August 2010

MON walks out of Villa

The club are in chaos and desperately scampering round for a new manager.

RL approaches AM, offering him the Villa job. AM preliminarily accepts, BUT only if he can stay another year at BCFC, out of courtesy.

RL tells AM 'Ok, the job is yours in Jul 11, but ONLY if you promise to get BCFC out of the Premier League'

AM answers - 'Deal, see you in a years time..'

GH is brought in for the season, despite the club covering up his ill health. RL conveniently has to leave the club via mutual consent in July 2011, in comes AM as our 'new' manager after fulfilling his 'promise' to RL..

Thats loyalty for you!!

Time for some of you to calm down.

1. Alex McLeish will absolutely NOT become our manager.

2. Randy is not an idiot.

3. 1 won't happen because of 2.

Randy Lerner has done nothing but support the club and do things in the interest of Aston Villa since he has been here. he has pumped millions into the club.

We are a proper club and do things in the correct manner. hence formally asking for permission to speak to Martinez - why would we not afford the same courtesy to Birmingham IF we wanted McLeish?

If McLeish was Randys choice - which I don't believe he is - him and the general would look to protect him not put him in the position he is to be lambasted by everyone.

There is no reason to doubt Randy Lerner or his intentions as he has a history of supportive actions.

Some of you are not worthy of such a great owner.

And even if Randy did want McLeish then we should still back him - he has more tangible things to lose than us.

Get off Randys back and start supporting him and teh team. Randy may have made a few mistakes (biggest being giving MON too much control and trusting the egotistical prick) but has always had the best intentions of teh club at heart.

IF McLeish was appointed it is worth remembering that although i don't particularly like the manager - he did have a better record in Scotland than MON (with worse resources and team) - and look at how MON is still revered on here - madness.

McLeish also took a poorer team with far less resources to a trophy and MON and his wastefulness didn't.

FACTS.

Liverpool last season took from 3rd of June to 30th of June (4 weeks) to replace Benitez

Fulham (look how quick they are this season bla bla bla)... took from 30th June to 29th JULY (4 weeks) to get a new manager.

I dont remember them clubs getting this amount of stick.

Time for some of you to calm down.

1. Alex McLeish will absolutely NOT become our manager.

2. Randy is not an idiot.

3. 1 won't happen because of 2.

Randy Lerner has done nothing but support the club and do things in the interest of Aston Villa since he has been here. he has pumped millions into the club.

We are a proper club and do things in the correct manner. hence formally asking for permission to speak to Martinez - why would we not afford the same courtesy to Birmingham IF we wanted McLeish?

If McLeish was Randys choice - which I don't believe he is - him and the general would look to protect him not put him in the position he is to be lambasted by everyone.

There is no reason to doubt Randy Lerner or his intentions as he has a history of supportive actions.

Some of you are not worthy of such a great owner.

And even if Randy did want McLeish then we should still back him - he has more tangible things to lose than us.

Get off Randys back and start supporting him and teh team. Randy may have made a few mistakes (biggest being giving MON too much control and trusting the egotistical prick) but has always had the best intentions of teh club at heart.

IF McLeish was appointed it is worth remembering that although i don't particularly like the manager - he did have a better record in Scotland than MON (with worse resources and team) - and look at how MON is still revered on here - madness.

McLeish also took a poorer team with far less resources to a trophy and MON and his wastefulness didn't.

Is that you Randy

Actually someone on H&V posted it and yes it is from Twitter and Pat Murphy the BBC Cretin.

Right fair enough. Watch this space.

Just an update on this, checked myself and he gets his blessing only if 5.4Million is paid. Jog on Pannu!

FACTS.

Liverpool last season took from 3rd of June to 30th of June (4 weeks) to replace Benitez

Fulham (look how quick they are this season bla bla bla)... took from 30th June to 29th JULY (4 weeks) to get a new manager.

I dont remember them clubs getting this amount of stick.

You've missed Chelski and Cardiff from the season - Both been longer than us.

There is no need for the abuse is there, calm yourself.

I dont understand why your ignoring my question about how things in the past make us a poorly run club now?

But i suppose there is a reason why you ignore questions and twist everything else.

Anyway this thread is not about Randy or how things are run its how Villa fans overreact to a little tommy squeaker never mind a manager appointment.

Since randy took over he has poorly managed the club until he realised this in the 09/10 season resulting in the breakdown of relations with O' Neill. He'd he erin the club properly and increased our income by tapping the stands all other clubs did we would probably still have o'neill. The current mess is the result of Randy's mistakes in his first years here.

That is what I've said repeatedly, you just fail to understand simple English. Randy mismanaged and now we are still in that mess as he tries to fix it.

Yes, he made mistakes as an owner, considering it's the first time in football, like anyone, a player or a coach ....you make mistakes. Same with the owners, you learn from those mistakes and that's what he's doing and now rectifying. Although the view O'Neill would still be here etc...is just sheer speculation.

We've finished 11th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 9th under Randy.....I'd say overall, he's done a fine job for this club, it's a shame you don't feel that you can give a board time to work things out, a board who have put a £100 million+ into the club but that's not good enough for us ...

Well I just think the big mistake was letting the club get to the level it was financially at the end of the 09/10 season. We get a 12mil per year sponsorship that summer with fx pro, revenue we clearly needed the previous too seasons. This mismanagement led in my view to the departure of O'neill which has resulted in us being here now with a near certain pure managerial appointment.

If Randy had run the club properly from the start, had gone out and got the best football ceo he could and tapped every revenue stream we would not be here now. The blame for our relegation battle season is his.

That is my opinion and it has a very solid reasoning for it. Nothing off the cuff or random about it, I've detailed it many times before. I'd prefer a properly run club to this one.