• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

This whole thing makes us Villa fans look like headless chickens.

FFS, this addiction our fans have to speculation and rumour is becoming ridiculous. I don’t know if other clubs fans suffer from the same affliction.

But our fans look all the more ridiculous because since RL has taken over the club, transfers and appointments have been carried out behind the glare of the media.

Whilst this is true. How anyone can not be alarmed by the Generals comments on the situation is beyond me. His fluff is full of holes and without any redeeming factors

Shit has hit the fan because for the first time the guard has been let down. Some people are posting on here sating we're stupid for paying attention to the press. It's not the press that's got us going mental, it's the generals white flag on a facebook page that is almost confirmed as 95%+ him and not a wind up.

He does not have a facebook page!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

season ticket renewal date is friday and im seriously considering not renewing for the first time in 17 seasons.

I'm sorry but if the board think that our rival's manager whos just got them relegated is the best man for job then theres no hope for us.

i wanted moyes but that was never gonna happen wouldnt of minded hughes.

i've seen all the press having a go at us and hoped we'd shut them up with a good appointment but dont look thats gonna happen and looks like they were right all along, we are a shambles and no one wants the job.

I really wouldnt blame any member of our squad for wanting to leave us right now.

I'm not an ST holder because I live in Kent and its just not practical.

However, I am genuinely interested in why you would consider NOT supporting the club both financially and in person.

Say for example we appoint McLeish, and we win our first 6 games and are in CL contention by Xmas. Will you come back? Would you then leap on the bandwagon and support the club again.

It doens't matter who is in the Manager's Officer, or who pulls that beautiful shirt on. You are (apparently) a Villa fan. And a bloody priviliged one at that in that you are able to take yourself onto that hallowed ground once fortnight.

If you love this club, support it. Regardless of the difficulties we experience on the way.

ive been losing interest anyway not just becuase of board decisions, theres the constant losing our best players and then theres fans around me and the game constantly slagging off players which has meant i'm not enjoying it as much.

but anyway i am not saying the board should listen to the fans on every appointment they make because not every fan will back the appointment of one manager and so on, but when such a big majority of fans dont want someone as manager and the board dont listen when theres clearly better options out there it makes me think the board don't care what the fans think, so whats the point in been a fan, a fan that puts the majority of his yearly salary on the club?

Im with the 'I trust Randy' group and will also back any manager that comes in, even if it was our very own Sir_Gary_Cahill and he replaced Bent with Ethan Moore.

Anyway the one thing i do know is: Mystery Man is no mystery to the club. They know him and he is well connected in the club.

There would be few people who know more than him about whats going on at the club, very few.

He never commits to something that isnt certain for entirely that reason.

Anyway, i know he will never be back after all this and if hes reading this, i just want to let him know thanks for sharing, most of us really appreciated it! We totally understand why you wont be back

P.S pm me if your itching to share at any time

Some people are seriously deluded with this smoke and mirrors shit.

We were knocked back by Martinez and are after Mcleish. Blame the media all you want but these are the facts, it's not a conspiracy so we can sneak in David Moyes.

I said it last week and was shot down but i still believe we're looking like a complete shambles and we're really not helping ourselves in this.

Ive been holding this back, but the thought that the board may have chosen NOT to appoint a more than qualified coach in McClaren (altho I admit he certainly wasnt my choice) on the basis that a load of outraged fans (who think they know it all, but in actual fact are just bothered by a brolly and an accent) - really really worries me

Agree, but by the same token, I hold out hope that they listen to the fans voices on the matter of Mcleish in a similar vein.

Well, if theyve done it once then theyl do it again surely. Theres certainly positives about listening to customers in business. But not when your hiring staff.

Well I guess the phrase 'be careful what you wish for' has applied here.

:clap:

Back to square one springs to mind.

LETS JUST CHILL OUT. Nothing is official yet! And if, Alex Mcleish is our new manager, he will be manager of ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB, OUR FOOTBALL CLUB. I for one will SUPPORT the club regardless, Randy and whoever must see something in whoever they appoint, you really think he hasnt got the clubs best interest? get a grip.

FFS, this addiction our fans have to speculation and rumour is becoming ridiculous. I don’t know if other clubs fans suffer from the same affliction.

But our fans look all the more ridiculous because since RL has taken over the club, transfers and appointments have been carried out behind the glare of the media.

Whilst this is true. How anyone can not be alarmed by the Generals comments on the situation is beyond me. His fluff is full of holes and without any redeeming factors

Shit has hit the fan because for the first time the guard has been let down. Some people are posting on here sating we're stupid for paying attention to the press. It's not the press that's got us going mental, it's the generals white flag on a facebook page that is almost confirmed as 95%+ him and not a wind up.

I know. Off another forum, posted on 'a facebook page' and reprinted here, no?

Mcleish's style of play is not what I want to see at Villa Park!

Setting aside all the other reasons why he shouldn't be appointed, BCFC were one of the most boring teams in the league last season.

At least under Martinez we would have got some exciting football to watch...

Erm actually he does and it is genuine. I saw the post last night and it was confirmed by respected people that it was real.

I'm trying to think of one positive of appointing McLeish and I honestly can't. It's absolutely nothing to do with who he used to manage. It purely down to the fact that he is an appalling manager who plays appalling football.

If we appointed him, it would be a complete and utter disaster. I'd be praying for Sam Allardyce or Alan Curbishley. That is how bad I think McLeish is.

Surely Randy is not that stupid?

Erm actually he does and it is genuine. I saw the post last night and it was confirmed by respected people that it was real.

Can you please name the respected people who confirmed this?

season ticket renewal date is friday and im seriously considering not renewing for the first time in 17 seasons.

I'm sorry but if the board think that our rival's manager whos just got them relegated is the best man for job then theres no hope for us.

i wanted moyes but that was never gonna happen wouldnt of minded hughes.

i've seen all the press having a go at us and hoped we'd shut them up with a good appointment but dont look thats gonna happen and looks like they were right all along, we are a shambles and no one wants the job.

I really wouldnt blame any member of our squad for wanting to leave us right now.

I'm not an ST holder because I live in Kent and its just not practical.

However, I am genuinely interested in why you would consider NOT supporting the club both financially and in person.

Say for example we appoint McLeish, and we win our first 6 games and are in CL contention by Xmas. Will you come back? Would you then leap on the bandwagon and support the club again.

It doens't matter who is in the Manager's Officer, or who pulls that beautiful shirt on. You are (apparently) a Villa fan. And a bloody priviliged one at that in that you are able to take yourself onto that hallowed ground once fortnight.

If you love this club, support it. Regardless of the difficulties we experience on the way.

:clap:

People who dont go to the games, because they cant always say 'its a privilege' ...its not a privilege to drive up the Hagley Road, which can take an hour on a Wednesday night and have the privilege to watch a bunch of tossers lose to sunderland in -5 sleet.

(NB I have renewed two season tickets.)

lol or catch 2 buses from chemsley wood to and from the games to watch us lose on cold night against sunderland is not a privilege.

Haven't renewed yet, probably will just for love of villa but bet alot of people are feeling the same as me at the moment and probably umming and arring about renewing and when you are not on the most amount of money in the world and you see this happening it makes the decision harder.

There's no logic. The board are making Mike Ashley look good.

Well our fans are doing a good job of acting like Barcode fans, so it all fits.

Can't help yourself can you? "It's all the fans fault...blah blah"

Randy has a bad reputation of making the wrong appointments at the Browns as well. I guess they're all bad as well aren't they? But don't worry, I'm sure his buddy Paul Faulkner will make it all better. Oh wait. It really won't.