• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louis van Gaal and Carlo Ancelotti would be the top 2 to cause a positive meltdown.

I honestly can't see it being anyone else of that quality because the others are employed. Even listing those 2 names is stretching it quite alot to be fair.

Why on earth would a world-class manager like Gus Hiddink choose to be an understudy to an unproven Wigan manager? That's got to be a joke, no?

No it wasn't a joke... I just get the impression he's no longer bothered so much about a full time managers job that's all.

Fair enough. I'd understand that impression you formed if he was currently a DOF elsewhere but he isn't, he's the coach of Turkey.

I think as things stand it appears Martinez and possibly Rafa may have been the only ones we have interviewed. It seems Rafa's demands for a transfer budget may have done for him and the job is now for Martinez to take or to turn down.

Whelan may be giving his manager an out option if he is not to be offered the job or still trying to keep him where he is if an offer has been made. If he is the one Randy wants it would leave us in a mess if he turns us down as it would seem he was our first or latest choice to other prospective managers.

But if he has been offered the job I would expect him to take it. If Martinez has not been appointed later today then one of the options a lot of us still cling to may yet walk into Villa Park in the next couple of weeks but I suspect this may now be a done deal. But its not over until the ink is dry on that contract is it?. :?

Louis van Gaal and Carlo Ancelotti would be the top 2 to cause a positive meltdown.

I honestly can't see it being anyone else of that quality because the others are employed. Even listing those 2 names is stretching it quite alot to be fair.

Yeh lets bring both them in and with Mourniho and Gus Hiddinck

And Schteve to make the tea

Has anyone considered Redknapp? His face look like it's melting after all. :shock:

Would explain Corsica too, as 'Arry's probably got a villa out there where he does his wheeling and dealing from.

The 'gobsmack' comment was from Shaun Teale, and it's a good 'gobsmack' if it turns out to be true.

please please tell me,,i have to go to sleep but i just cant

for the love of god just tell us

I don't have the first idea myself, just repeating it from earlier for Julie

Has anyone considered Redknapp? His face look like it's melting after all. :shock:

Would explain Corsica too, as 'Arry's probably got a villa out there where he does his wheeling and dealing from.

Close the thread. Mantis has guessed it. Harry Redknob is our new manager :shock:

Wasn't he on SSN earlier?!!... just like everyday!

Only people who could be described as gobsmaking I would imagine could be:-

Klinsmann or Hiddink possible DOF with RM as head coach.

The special one....

Ancelotti........

or someone else???!!!

This!

not sure it would be as DOF, but my money is on Klinsmann.

Hiddink would be the gobsmacker for me.

Can't think of any other gobsmackers other than Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho or Pep and we ain't getting them....

I also think if Hiddink was nailed on for Chelsea why isn't it done and dusted? Chelsea don't normally hang around, i think they are waiting for Hughes on July 1, even more so with Terry's comments earlier in the week.