• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Don't think it literally means we've offered him the job. I took it as 'i'll be getting a decision from RM if he's going to stay at Wigan, or go and talk to Villa properly'. Could be wrong, but I think there's a long way to go on this.

I thought it was just that he was due to be meeting with RM tomorrow lunch time so he'd find out what the score was then.

No he said he doesn't know whether we have, or will have spoken to Martinez, he just said HE has a meeting with Martinez tomorrow and it will be sorted by 1.30 tomorrow.

Its quite possible, we haven't even spoken to Martinez, because we are close to another appointment. It just means that we've passed Wigan time slot, which is fair enough, he wants to know who his manager is, and doesn't want a limbo so our time limit 1.30 tomorrow... where i expect Martinez to have signed a contract extension at Wigan... because this is all just spin spin sugar.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With him, yes but not with the supporters who pay money to the club - its becoming a laughing stock.

Its posts like this that make the club a laughing stock ..not Randy Lerner. It was Dave Whelan who leaked the information..why do you think he did that??

Just a handfull of decent managers currently out of work;

Marco Van Basten

Frank Rijkaard

Bernd Schuster

Louis Van Gaal

Quique Sánchez Flores

So?....the onl;y DEFINATE approach we know of is to a man in work - that was made 9 days ago - do you not think we have approached others?

All depends on the clause the board have given themselves, as none of the above have ever managed in the Premiership...Yet for some strange reason the 60 year olds that are advising Lerner and co' seem to think its a neccessity..

Martinez record in the transfer market is highly questionable

He seems to have wasted the money he had at Wigan

I give you

Curtis Davies - £10m

NRC £8.5m

Habib Beye £3m....just for a start

or Milner £12m

Young £9.5m

Friedal £2.5m

What has this to do with MON's signings anyway?

With him, yes but not with the supporters who pay money to the club - its becoming a laughing stock.

Which supporters are you supposedly speaking on behalf of? You don't speak for me, and from the comments on this forum it seems you don't speak for the majority of others either...

Has anyone actually thought of Martinez transfer record? He's not gonna find quality across Europe is he? He would find it hard just to attract decent players from the Premier League.

How exactly are we meant to progress under him? I understood it with Houllier due to his connections, but Martinez has nothing of the sort.

Are you going to support him if hired?

Yep.

I supported Houllier even though I wasn't happy with it until the Liverpool game and then he lost me.

Marco Van Basten

Frank Rijkaard

Bernd Schuster

Louis Van Gaal

Quique Sánchez Flores

Yep, thats the list I would have been woking through.

I dount any of them were even considered though

Marco Van Basten

Frank Rijkaard

Bernd Schuster

Louis Van Gaal

Quique Sánchez Flores

So?....the onl;y DEFINATE approach we know of is to a man in work - that was made 9 days ago - do you not think we have approached others?

All depends on the clause the board have given themselves, as none of the above have ever managed in the Premiership...Yet for some strange reason the 60 year olds that are advising Lerner and co' seem to think its a neccessity..

Indeed, none of the managers of the top 4 teams this season had managed in English football when they took over. :(

The whole club needs a lift after the rollercoaster of the last 12 months

Martinez is quite simply not the right fit

We have been knocked back, so he's about 4th choice and we have no choice.

i know people want us to be more ruthless, but i really like hearing people like Whealan coming out and praising us for doing things the right way (this despite us trying to nick their manager)

i think its the right way to do things and although you might miss out on the odd deal, in the long run it will pay dividends as other clubs / managers will be happy to do buisness with us. Piss them off, try going behind clubs backs and talking to people without the clubs permission might get you the signing, but also means the club youve judas'd wont want to deal with you ever again or at the least will try to stiff you on the price next time you come knocking for one of their players.

In the murky scum bag ridden world of modern football, im immensley proud we have one of the few chairman who seems to carry out his dealings with the greatest amount of integrity and respect.

Which supporters are you supposedly speaking on behalf of? You don't speak for me, and from the comments on this forum it seems you don't speak for the majority of others either...

The Browns fans as well who are disgruntled with Lerner.

The whole club needs a lift after the rollercoaster of the last 12 months

Martinez is quite simply not the right fit

We have been knocked back, so he's about 4th choice and we have no choice.

How do you know Lerner hadn't turned'em down? Its like hiring Houllier, stupid.

Marco Van Basten

Frank Rijkaard

Bernd Schuster

Louis Van Gaal

Quique Sánchez Flores

So you know they will all be a success and work out well for Villa, because their a name?

easye.jpg

The Browns fans as well who are disgruntled with Lerner.

You speak on behalf of the Browns fans?????

Martinez record in the transfer market is highly questionable

He seems to have wasted the money he had at Wigan

agreed, it's pathetic to be honest

woeful, totally woeful

:(