fifa 12

fifa09don

Just got destroyed by a BCFC fan on FUT, just can't get the hang of defending through balls, no matter how good my team is. Is there a way to make your defenders sit deep rather than push higher up the pitch. I get done everytime!

Just use your quick tactics to go defensive?

otherwise yeah, you can go into your team setup pre game and change the players' base position so they sit deeper.

Generally I try not to touch my defenders until it's absolutely necessary. Do all my defending with my midfielders, that way your defence doesn't get pulled out of shape. It's when you start charging forward with one defender that the holes open up and the through balls are lethal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly pissed myself playing career mode last night; I'm running through a campaign in charge of Vitesse and going into season three Wilfried Bony - despite being my highest rated striker (78 by this point with 80+ in finishing) - still wasn't getting more than 8 or 9 goals a season. Frustrating. In a previous season, I'd seen a newsflash that ADO Den Haag had been taken over. Roll on January of the current campaign, and they throw a £10m offer in for Wilfried.

His market value at the time was £8m, but I tend to reject bids for my first teamers unless they're double the value of the player in question. Seeing as ADO were minted, I figured I could get them near £16m so I started refusing offers. They went to £12m, £14m and then to £16.5m. Normally I don't see clubs coming back for a fourth bite of the cherry, but a wave of greed washed over my brain and I told them to stick their £16.5m. Three days later, £20m. Couldn't believe it. Then I got stupid, told them to **** off again. £22m. I probably should have accepted at this point. Surely I couldn't triple his market value... could I? One final rejection, they came back with £26.5m. Suffice to say, Wilfried was promptly sold and the ensuing mini-spree (Artjoms Rudņevs, Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Sergio Romero and Manoel) won me the league. :hooray:

Anyone bought Clint Dempsey in career mode, about to sign him for £9m and I am not convinced I am doing the right thing! Have had Milner so many times but seems to be very average. Really want Jarvis but wont join me, despite how much wages I throw at him. Have had numerous wingers from foreign leagues. I just want a proven winger with pace and excellent crossing stats. Help!

Right or left side? A "RW/LW" or a "RM/LM"?

Not fussed on which foot to be honest, because I find N'Zog is just as effective on either flank. Just want the pace and 80+ crossing ability. Tempted on Hoilet but they want £13m plus.

Hmm, gonna be tough on that budget. Possible candidates...

•Brek Shea (FC Dallas)

•Steve Zakuani (Seattle Sounders)

•Magaye Gueye (Everton)

•Lazaros Christodoulopoulos (Panathinaikos FC)

•Dmitriy Kombarov (Spartak Moscow)

•Zoran Tošic (CSKA Moscow)

•Mark González (CSKA Moscow)

•Sebastián Leto (Panathinaikos FC)

•Ludovic Obraniak (LOSC Lille)

•Adriano (Barcelona)

I bought Brek Shea for a Borussia campaign and he was a goal machine, plus he's 6'3 so he adds a little extra muscle at set pieces. At the start of the game, Dallas won't sell as they have no other LM's in their squad, but keep checking back with them until they've bought one, then you can pick up Shea. He won't be the cheapest depending on how good he is by the time you can bid for him, but he peaks at 81 and is highly effective.

I bought Brek Shea for a Borussia campaign and he was a goal machine, plus he's 6'3 so he adds a little extra muscle at set pieces. At the start of the game, Dallas won't sell as they have no other LM's in their squad, but keep checking back with them until they've bought one, then you can pick up Shea. He won't be the cheapest depending on how good he is by the time you can bid for him, but he peaks at 81 and is highly effective.

There are some decently good americans I sign for cheap. I buy Stuart Holden who is a 77 and gets up to an 83. Clint Dempsey is a little bit more expensive but a great guy to have because he can play in so many areas. Eugene Starikov can get up to an 82 and of course Eric Lichaj turns into a decent fullback at 78.

Just got destroyed by a BCFC fan on FUT, just can't get the hang of defending through balls, no matter how good my team is. Is there a way to make your defenders sit deep rather than push higher up the pitch. I get done everytime!

otherwise yeah, you can go into your team setup pre game and change the players' base position so they sit deeper.

Generally I try not to touch my defenders until it's absolutely necessary. Do all my defending with my midfielders, that way your defence doesn't get pulled out of shape. It's when you start charging forward with one defender that the holes open up and the through balls are lethal

I don't really like the quick tactics unless i'm chasing a goal and decide to go ultra attacking, if you go defensive it affects the whole team, whereas I really just want to fiddle with the defenders. I'll try and create a team setup, changing the base positions and hopefully you can save it as a quick tactic, then activate it at the start of every game. Cheers!

Just opened a free gold pack i got from pre-ordering the game, and guess who i found?! An in-form Özil! Feeling like a very lucky man :D

I went through countless packs hardly getting anyone of any real worth, took me ages to get a decent team together. Eventually, I got an absolute dinger of a pack.....Drogba, Lucio and Sneijder in the same pack!! Amassed about 85, 000 coins on those three!! Got a cracking team now, made up of players from La Liga.

How many coins did you get for Ozil?? Must have been 100k plus??

I don't really like the quick tactics unless i'm chasing a goal and decide to go ultra attacking, if you go defensive it affects the whole team, whereas I really just want to fiddle with the defenders. I'll try and create a team setup, changing the base positions and hopefully you can save it as a quick tactic, then activate it at the start of every game. Cheers!

Yeah, you can definitely do that, that's probably your best option.

Make sure you play a DM though if your defence is sitting deep or their midfield will have a lovely time in the big hole that opens up.

But I used to do the same thing, so it should work for you :thumb:

Just opened a free gold pack i got from pre-ordering the game, and guess who i found?! An in-form Özil! Feeling like a very lucky man :D

I went through countless packs hardly getting anyone of any real worth, took me ages to get a decent team together. Eventually, I got an absolute dinger of a pack.....Drogba, Lucio and Sneijder in the same pack!! Amassed about 85, 000 coins on those three!! Got a cracking team now, made up of players from La Liga.

How many coins did you get for Ozil?? Must have been 100k plus??

Sold him for about 350k :hooray:

not spent it yet though, undecided on what team I am going to put together.

Yeah, you can definitely do that, that's probably your best option.

Make sure you play a DM though if your defence is sitting deep or their midfield will have a lovely time in the big hole that opens up.

But I used to do the same thing, so it should work for you :thumb:

Yeah, I always play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation in FIFA, with a strong DM, in FUT i've got Khedira and Diarra to choose from!

Â