dudevillaisnice

Why would the FA want to use Goodison Park for the World Cup. Its a dog ugly stadium which reminds me of 'The Sty', even though Anfield is no oil painting I can understand the logic for selecting that.

:bang: the bid is based on the new proposed stadium :bang:

Why would the FA want to use Goodison Park for the World Cup. Its a dog ugly stadium which reminds me of 'The Sty', even though Anfield is no oil painting I can understand the logic for selecting that.

Oh I See!

You shouldn't get so worked up about other peoples posts, its only the internet.........

Oh I See!

You shouldn't get so worked up about other peoples posts, its only the internet.........

Its you not actually reading before you post that is the infuriating bit, imagine if no-one read what you posted, what would be the point in posting it?

Oh I See!

Its you not actually reading before you post that is the infuriating bit, imagine if no-one read what you posted, what would be the point in posting it?

In keeping with the theme of the thread

scousers3.jpg

Caaalm Down! Caaalm Down!

The new Anfield will get the world cup games if it ever gets built, pointless using two venues in Liverpool imo.

As far as I'm aware, only one ground per City will be used - apart from London.

Although, technically, our new ground wouldn't be in Liverpool... :x

The idea is to use the new Anfield, and our training ground for an international squad's base.

Let's be honest here, since when did spiraling debt stop the 'Big Four' from spending ludicrous amounts of money.

Since the credit crisis made it difficult to refinance the debt.

It can't be coincidental (Fergie's protestations to the contrary notwithstanding) that the first post-crisis window saw Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man Utd becoming paragons of restrained transfer spending.

Pienaar stretchered off yesterday. Left the ground on crutches.

Yet again, our best player of the season so far injured.

Hopefully it's not too long or we are fooked. Absolutely zero creatvity without him.

Hopefully it's not too long or we are fooked. Absolutely zero creatvity without him.

The only creativity I saw yesterday was lumping balls forward tbh.

The only creativity I saw yesterday was lumping balls forward tbh.

like watching us then

Not really, I have seen some fantastic play from us. I worry for Everton if they lose Cahill, where-as we could lose Carew, Petrov or others and adapt.

Why so? We've played fine without him this season already. He's been one of our poorest players this season.

Yeah, we played absolute crap yesterday, which results in us playing crap long ball (not hoof because that is directionless), especially when Rodwell plays as poorly as he did yesterday. When he plays well he collects the ball from the defenders and starts off our moves, in Arteta's absence obviously, but Rodwell played as worse as I've seen him since the start of last season.

We've also passed teams off the park this season too (by passed off the park I mean actual passing than lumping balls forward btw), bet you never saw them though...

Cahill and Fellaini haven't quite had the start everyone expected them to have. Without Arteta your cental midfield is certainly lacking something, but I think that will be created more by Rodwell than Pienaar. As good as Pienaar is, I'm not sure he has the ability to influence a game like Rodwell can.. he's just still settling into the Premiership, for his age, he's a brilliant player.

However, you obviously know much more about Everton than me AG. I just think Pienaar is a little like our Ashley.. when he's hot he's hot, but is cold far too often for him to reliably be a matchwinning player.

Not really, I have seen some fantastic play from us. I worry for Everton if they lose Cahill, where-as we could lose Carew, Petrov or others and adapt.

Why so? We've played fine without him this season already. He's been one of our poorest players this season.

Yeah, we played absolute crap yesterday, which results in us playing crap long ball (not hoof because that is directionless), especially when Rodwell plays as poorly as he did yesterday. When he plays well he collects the ball from the defenders and starts off our moves, in Arteta's absence obviously, but Rodwell played as worse as I've seen him since the start of last season.

We've also passed teams off the park this season too (by passed off the park I mean actual passing than lumping balls forward btw), bet you never saw them though...

"The only creativity I saw yesterday"

Cahill and Fellaini haven't quite had the start everyone expected them to have. Without Arteta your cental midfield is certainly lacking something, but I think that will be created more by Rodwell than Pienaar. As good as Pienaar is, I'm not sure he has the ability to influence a game like Rodwell can.. he's just still settling into the Premiership, for his age, he's a brilliant player.

However, you obviously know much more about Everton than me AG. I just think Pienaar is a little like our Ashley.. when he's hot he's hot, but is cold far too often for him to reliably be a matchwinning player.

The thing is though, Rodwell is NOT a creative player, he is good because he rarely gives the ball away (unlike yesterday) and keeps it moving, same as Fellaini (who's form has picked up over the last 3 or 4 games), plays it pretty simple - partly the reason we have been so effective in Europe (more time on the ball they are far more effective). Rodwell, as good as he is, still has things to work on, like he gets caught out of position a bit, doesn't track runners from midfield sometimes, but he is not creative. He's not putting through balls in or anything like that.

Pienaar, as well as working incredibly hard defensively, is also our main attacking threat in Arteta's absence. He picks the ball up, runs at players, turns his full backs left and right, varies his play, uses both feet to cross and is very skilful. He's really kicked on since Arteta has been out and found another level. You should really see how much of our play comes down our left hand side, him and Baines have a great understanding and compliment each other really well. Gotta say Pienaar is our most underrated player by a mile.

Cahill, well he has picked up, but he's in poor form.

Â