dudevillaisnice

8 minutes ago, andym said:

The Wolves goalscorer was only about 5 yards out when he headed it with Pickford actually behind the goal line when it went in, and Tarkowski again caught out positionally - we dodged a bullet with him, given the clown previously in charge here wanted to sign him and on big money.

They were all over the place at the back against us as well.

Some on here claimed he was better than Mings 😂

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Watching these highlights it’s amazing they didn’t score yesterday. Looks like a real smash and grab from Wolves. They were unlucky against Fulham as well.

If they get a striker to put away some of these chances they will probably have enough to stay up. 

We didn't play badly, same as against Fulham. We were the better team and got done both times by a smash and grab. We do have a lot of players (starters) out injured too. But if you can't finish your chances....

It's been a trend for as long as I remember that clubs with off field issues with one inevitably go down. I think we have enough to be okay, but I am not in control of how the players perform and the backroom stuff clearly is a distraction so it wouldn't surprise me if we do go...as I said, it's what the owners deserve - but it's the fans who ultimately suffer. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

If they move into their new ground in April and get relegated in May, it will be funny.

Not ready til middle of next season so maybe you get your wish but in 2025 not 2024...

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

Another nail in Dyche Everton coffin, i see some fans are restless and want him gone already. Has apparently frozen Gray out who looks a danger when he plays compare to crap like Maupay

He isnt doing that much better than Lampard

Gray is someone who can you win you a match from nothing but only does it every 10 games or so, most of the rest of the time he isn't reliable enough. McNeil isn't a quick but a superior team player and more reliable end product. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They'd have won that sort of game 1-0 last season so think that's a difference for a start.

If you look back at start of 15/16 we were only losing games by one goal but we chucked away so many "easy" home games under Sherwood and that really cost us once Garde came in.

0-1 v Man. United

2-2 v Sunderland

0-1 v West Brom

0-1 v Stoke

1-2 v Swansea

Garde lost his first home game 2-3 at home to Watford.

Considering Everton win two away games a season on average they can't afford to be chucking away game after game at Goodison. Arsenal next for them although ironically they won that last season.

I disagree. We didn't even create this many chances in games last season. At least now we are creating chances, just not putting them away at the moment...

1 hour ago, Artetasgirl said:

Not ready til middle of next season so maybe you get your wish but in 2025 not 2024...

TBF, It's not my wish. I have no real animus towards Everton. It is fascinating to see big clubs go down though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

If we go down, we go down. The owners deserve it, as do a bunch of the players. Our problems run far greater than Dyche and don't look like they will be changing any time soon. You circle the drain so many times, only so many times you stay up. 

The club is rotten to the core and until that rot is gone, nothing will change. The ones left are the fans who are the ones who are hurt the most. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Is it actually likely they'll be getting a points deduction?

Don't know *exactly* how likely it is of course, but it's a real possibility given the rule break looks pretty open-and-shut. They could give a fine instead, but I think given this is the first case they may want to set a precedent for points deductions.

3 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

Would imagine if you're in the championship you'll delay moving until summer 2025 as simply have to be a premier league team when it officially opens otherwise it will be pretty embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Don't know *exactly* how likely it is of course, but it's a real possibility given the rule break looks pretty open-and-shut. They could give a fine instead, but I think given this is the first case they may want to set a precedent for points deductions.

Will they want to though knowing they may have to do the same for Man City pretty soon?

One of those old traditional clubs.

Following Aston Villa and Premier League in the early 2000's Everton holds nostalgia for me so I'd really like for them to stay up on a personal note.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If they weren't prepared to punish Man City, they wouldn't have charged them (IMO). 

Yeah I guess that's true. Maybe the punishment Everton receive will give us some indication of how strong/lenient they plan on being towards Man City. If found guilty of course.

• Like 1

Its their time to go down i think....you can't keep avoiding the train forever...fwiw i think they will be much better off for going into the championship....they will get a new owner and clear out the deadwood....it was the making of us and can be for them too

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Its their time to go down i think....you can't keep avoiding the train forever...fwiw i think they will be much better off for going into the championship....they will get a new owner and clear out the deadwood....it was the making of us and can be for them too

I’ve never really understood this view. I know it worked out for us in the end but having your main source of income drastically reduced is not a good option.

Plenty of clubs have gone down and stayed down. It would be far better to stay in the league and be taken over without ever being relegated. 

• Like 4

On 27/08/2023 at 16:16, HanoiVillan said:

I very much doubt it. Prem basically avoid points deductions unless it's mandatory such as a team going into Administration which happened to Portsmouth in 2010. Now if Everton were in the football league that would be totally different as they really clamp down on clubs in financial trouble as Wigan and Reading have found to their cost in last 12 months.

I did read somewhere that these charges actually don't relate to transfers but something to do with late payment regarding the building of the new stadium.

At worst I think they'll just be given a window transfer ban which isn't hugely different to how they're operating currently.

7 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I’ve never really understood this view. I know it worked out for us in the end but having your main source of income drastically reduced is not a good option.

Plenty of clubs have gone down and stayed down. It would be far better to stay in the league and be taken over without ever being relegated. 

Kind of feel Everton are one of these clubs too big to stay down for that long.

Our relegation was completely catastrophic so we needed a year just to stop losing all the time but we could've easily got back in two years and eventually did it in three. Man. City went down in 1996 and got back in 2000 and they were relegated again halfway through that. Newcastle came straight back both times they got relegated in last 15 years and Leicester started with four wins so they look very comfortable.

As said before I'm not bothered either way but Everton genuinely have been in the top flight forever, they last got relegated in early 50s so it would be a bit of a novelty to see them in the championship and how long it takes them to re-set as they currently look a very tired premier league club on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I very much doubt it. Prem basically avoid points deductions unless it's mandatory such as a team going into Administration which happened to Portsmouth in 2010. Now if Everton were in the football league that would be totally different as they really clamp down on clubs in financial trouble as Wigan and Reading have found to their cost in last 12 months.

I did read somewhere that these charges actually don't relate to transfers but something to do with late payment regarding the building of the new stadium.

The charges are related to their overall financial situation, ie that they lost more than they are allowed to under the Premier League's Profit & Sustainability rules, which allow a maximum loss of £35m p/a, measured over rolling three-year periods (ie, £105m over each 3 year period). There was a lot of leeway allowed by the Premier League for additional losses sustained during covid but Everton posted truly vast losses that dwarfed the rest of the league (they have lost more than £430m over the last 5 financial years). 

You may be right or you may not about the unwillingness to fine; Everton are the first club to be charged under these rules so whatever punishment is given will be important as it will set a precedent. My bet is that the league would rather set a tough precedent as it will give the rules teeth. 

Â