Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

It's the style of football Stoke play that's causing the problems, but we are finding success out on the wings. They are giving us chances to get crosses and we've scored from one. The difficulty is Stoke like to sit back with 7 or 8 players behind the ball, and counter with long balls. The last 10 minutes of the half appeared more open in play. If we play with a little more pace in the game than I'm confident we can force a win.

Things from the first half. Darren Bent is a bargain, even at £24m. I'd like to see him and Jones up front for us next season. Stoke have been the better team, and we're fortunate to be level. The tactics seem predictable, hope GM can sort it out in the second half.

Whose on our bench?

Think one of Pires, Makoun or Delph could work wonders in this game with their passing. They should get a load of time on the ball to pick out a decent pass to Young/Downing/Walker or knowing us Friedel

Things from the first half. Darren Bent is a bargain, even at £24m. I'd like to see him and Jones up front for us next season. Stoke have been the better team, and we're fortunate to be level. The tactics seem predictable, hope GM can sort it out in the second half.

I wouldn't say Bent was a bargin. Chicharito is more of a bargin.

The problem with our wing play is they never want to take on any defenders. Downing finally gave it a go and managed to complete a great run, and earn us a corner. Ash seems to be looking inside, I'd love to see him challenge the wilkinson a little more. What will probably happen is Walker will start making more runs in the second half. Which can be good or bad depending on if anyone wants to cover him on the counter.

we need to be playing quick football, push and run down the sides, the only 2 times we did it, downing gained a free kick and the other time we scored.

if collins is not going to win a header all game against jones, recognise it and tell petrov or NRC to drop in front of jones so he either flicks it on to no one or trys to control it which should be easier for the midfielder to get the 2nd ball.

oh and for **** sake collins, stop trying your crap hollywood balls, i have counted 9, every one gave posession back to stoke.

on the floor down the wings and we should get another couple goals.

a quick message for heskey.. today mate you are shit, really.

take heskey off for gabby and keep 2 up front, it also reduces the chance of us hoofing it which is what happened for 35 mins in that half.

4 goals in the last 4 games for Bent. 7 in 12 so far. **** phenomenal.

Caroll £35m

Torres £50m

Hmmm... :lol::lol:

At this rate he'll have more goals than all the big money January signings put together.

He already does

agreed. Bent is scoring the goals i would expect for that sort of money. Concerned we are becoming a bit of a one man team.

Compared to Torres at £50m, or Carroll at £35m?

That's not the point I'm making to be fair though. Weighing up the cost of Bent's goals, to the cost of relegation, was more what I was getting at.