Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

to me the whole darren bent transfer situation seems dodgy.

he has one injury doesnt make for the arsneal game then all of sudden picks up another injury before stoke. all these 'injuries' before the transfer window just seems like were making sure he doesnt get injured so we can sell him in jan. also with DB coming out and saying 'i love aston villa' just seems like his saying dont blame me when i get sold.

it could just be how my mind works but i would be devastated if he left.

he has one injury doesnt make for the arsneal game then all of sudden picks up another injury before stoke. all these 'injuries' before the transfer window just seems like were making sure he doesnt get injured so we can sell him in jan. also with DB coming out and saying 'i love aston villa' just seems like his saying dont blame me when i get sold.

Normally i would believe the club but given the alarming ammount of bullshit McLeish casually talks and the club in general has been guilty of in the past year it is indeed impossible to know what to believe .

As much as I hate McLeish and as much as I'm becoming disillusioned with the board, I just don't see anything in it. Players get injured from time to time.

Villa fans arguing about how many career goals Darren Bent has :lol: Jesus Christ, who cares!?

To be honest, I'm not bothered whether he stays or not anymore. To me, it is inevitable he will leave, if not in January, then definitely in the summer.

We've seen this so many times before, particularly in recent years. Yorke, Barry, Downing, Young, Milner etc etc. Will he, won't he? I'm bored of it - of course he will leave unless we suddenly find our spending power again. And that is simply not going to happen.

Bent's Premier League record is brilliant, no doubting it. On paper, he's up there with the very best and last season his goals were vital to us. But, personally speaking, he's just not my kind of player in the slightest. I hate his lack of work ethic, I hate how awful his body language has been this season, and I hate how, unless he's in the six yard box, he contributes absolutely nothing to the team. When he doesn't score, it's like playing with ten men to put it bluntly.

An attacker with a record as good as his should be playing in the Sky4 - on the face of it. That's until you realise he has so many other flaws to his game. He's not a footballer; he's a goal poacher - plain and simple. It's these flaws which mean he will always float around clubs such as Spurs, Villa and Sunderland.

I do also realise, from his point of view, that working with Alex McLeish on a day-to-day basis must be soul destroying as well as having the club's two most creative assets being sold from under you. He must have thought: "What the hell have I got myself into?". We've lost bigger and better players in the past however and moved on, and I'm more than resigned to the same happening here.

I firmly believe we'll take a financial loss on him and he'll move back to the bright lights of London under QPR's new regime, which does seem to have significant financial backing.

Ironically, I think in a top 4 side his deficiencies would be less of an issue and be better hidden. But playing in such an average side as were are at the moment, we need more from what is sometimes our only striker, than to be effective just in the six yard box. We need an all rounder, like Gabby, who not only scores but contributes other things to the team.

It was a great move, in theory, and the £18m we paid for him saved us losing £40m+ had we been relegated. So, in that respect, we got our money's worth. But I just don't think it's working out now and I won't be surprised nor too disappointed when he's gone.

I genuinely feel sorry for the fans who still care so much that they are debating whether these (so-called) injuries are just a smokescreen for him leaving. This is what the Club does to people, turns us into paranoid freaks.

*Places tin hat on head and sits patiently waiting*

We've seen this so many times before, particularly in recent years. Yorke, Barry, Downing, Young, Milner etc etc. Will he, won't he? I'm bored of it - of course he will leave unless we suddenly find our spending power again. And that is simply not going to happen.

Bent's Premier League record is brilliant, no doubting it. On paper, he's up there with the very best and last season his goals were vital to us.

I dont think he's all that brilliant to be honest, certainly not good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Yorke, Milner, Barry and Young. Yes, his goalscoring record is very good, but as you correctly point out ...

I hate his lack of work ethic, I hate how awful his body language has been this season, and I hate how, unless he's in the six yard box, he contributes absolutely nothing to the team. When he doesn't score, it's like playing with ten men to put it bluntly.

There is also the 'Mrs Redknapp' syndrome he suffers from. His goalscoring record isnt down to his finishing, which is frankly crap, its down to his outstanding movement and reading of the game, which gets him a huge number of chances. He misses ALOT of sitters, and this for me is why the top clubs wont ever touch him. Also as you say

An attacker with a record as good as his should be playing in the Sky4 - on the face of it. That's until you realise he has so many other flaws to his game. He's not a footballer; he's a goal poacher - plain and simple. It's these flaws which mean he will always float around clubs such as Spurs, Villa and Sunderland.

The top clubs want good technical footballers, strikers have to do more than score goals. To be top of the league, you need 11 players all the time, not 10 plus a goalhanger. For me, Houllier had done alot of work on this side of his game and he looked a different player. Even Capello commented that Bent had improved vastly in the period after signing for Villa. this season? Not the same, not the same at all.

I'm more than resigned to the same happening here.

Who is there that can afford him and would want him? I suppose QPR is possible, but i cant see us wanting to lose too much. £15m i'd have thought.

Who is there that can afford him and would want him?

Newcastle with the money from Carroll

Liverpool as a replacement for Carroll, they may even offer a swap plus cash

QPR as you said

Arsenal to end their near total dependence upon RVP

All could afford him and all I think would want him. Obviously it remains to be seen if they do or if he would return their interest in him but there are certainly teams out there that would want him and who can afford him.

Liverpool as a replacement for Carroll, they may even offer a swap plus cashQPR as you said

All could afford him and all I think would want him. Obviously it remains to be seen if they do or if he would return their interest in him but there are certainly teams out there that would want him and who can afford him.

Yes please.

Liverpool as a replacement for Carroll, they may even offer a swap plus cashQPR as you said

Yes please.

I'll give you a 3/10 for effort. :lol:

I wouldn't mind Carroll. He's pretty good, but having that ridiciolous price tag has affected his confidence at Liverpool so he tries to over do things. If he came here, he would do better imo.

That's if we're gonna sell Bent to Liverpool. But I expect like 15 m + Carroll.

Liverpool have definitely enquired and Bent would be open to talking. Long way from happening though. From the same person I got all the Downing info from so I know it has legs. I'm **** gutted. As shit as we've been, spending another £20m on another player who isn't good enough is NOT the answer. We can forget getting back in the top 4 anytime soon with the people we have in charge and taking the important decisions.

Well it would be interesting to see what kind of price is on Carroll. If a Carroll + cash offer came in for Bent i'd reluctantly take it (obviously i'd like us to have the players and set up to get the most of a poacher up front but that doesn't seem like happening).

Don't want him to go, but it might make the team better as it is now. And his form is not too great is it?

No but i'd rather keep him and hope McLeish leaves instead and get a manager in who will actually make Bent part of his plans instead of planning on leaving him isolated up front whilst having 10 men behind the ball.

Â