Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

No because you could easily say that in Arsenals form they'd have wanted to have bounced back and ended their season at home with a win. The same way you presume Liverpool didn't want Europa League when that certainly didn't seem like the case to me listening to players like Lucas midweek. A club like Liverpool have the resources to play in Europe and still do well in the league so they would have been highly motivated to win today.

It's all silly presumptions.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No because you could easily say that in Arsenals form they'd have wanted to have bounced back and ended their season at home with a win. The same way you presume Liverpool didn't want Europa League when that certainly didn't seem like the case to me listening to players like Lucas midweek. A club like Liverpool have the resources to play in Europe and still do well in the league so they would have been highly motivated to win today.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. Just one last thing, Steven Gerrard apart, did you look at Liverpool's bench today? Heard of many of their players? Resources to play potentially and extra 19 games a season in a fairly meaningless competition that doesn't really get a great deal of exposure compared to the Champs league? You say listening to Lucas in midweek, I say listen to Kenny today, not bothered, "we'll all come back after a break etc". Liverpool hardly bust a gut today, it was a typical end of season affair and I am most pleased that we won. A great end to the season, yet for some reason you think I am knocking the fact that we won.

As for Arsenal, perhaps I'm not expressing my point too well. I am saying that Arsenal were not in great form going into the Villa game, despite their recent win against Man Utd, they were understrength and we took full advantage. Great result. They may well have wanted to bounce back and finish the season well, but my point stands, it was a decent time to play them because they are understrength and not in great form, particularly at home, where they have dropped more points this season than any other in the Premier League. I am not belittling the win in any way, I am simply stating that it was a decent time to play them. Not a silly presumption or complete rubbish etc it's a fact.

If GH can't continue. Gary McAllister anyone?

For some reason I cannot fathom fans on here seem to despise him and blame him for all this seasons ills. The guys done a good job in GH's absence and unlike GH seems to speak with reverence and respect for our great club "an honour to be the custodian of the club" being one of his quotes. I just don't get why people are so anti.

Am I alone in being impressed with how he has conducted himself since Gh was hospilalised?

Anyway i'm gong to say it. Well done Gary and thanks.

I don't want him as manager but I don't like how he seems to have become the scapegoat for GH...

I much prefer Gary Mac to Houllier (as a person)

He actually respects our club.

Brilliant and Houllier doesn't?

Of course he doesn't, Houllier is foreign, Gary Mac is British.

Don't know why you are bringing their nationalities into it...

We'll have to agree to disagree then. Just one last thing, Steven Gerrard apart, did you look at Liverpool's bench today? Heard of many of their players? Resources to play potentially and extra 19 games a season in a fairly meaningless competition that doesn't really get a great deal of exposure compared to the Champs league? You say listening to Lucas in midweek, I say listen to Kenny today, not bothered, "we'll all come back after a break etc". Liverpool hardly bust a gut today, it was a typical end of season affair and I am most pleased that we won. A great end to the season, yet for some reason you think I am knocking the fact that we won.

As for Arsenal, perhaps I'm not expressing my point too well. I am saying that Arsenal were not in great form going into the Villa game, despite their recent win against Man Utd, they were understrength and we took full advantage. Great result. They may well have wanted to bounce back and finish the season well, but my point stands, it was a decent time to play them because they are understrength and not in great form, particularly at home, where they have dropped more points this season than any other in the Premier League. I am not belittling the win in any way, I am simply stating that it was a decent time to play them. Not a silly presumption or complete rubbish etc it's a fact.

Nothing like trying to lessen your teams value for the win eh? Are you a Villa fan?

For some reason I cannot fathom fans on here seem to despise him and blame him for all this seasons ills. The guys done a good job in GH's absence and unlike GH seems to speak with reverence and respect for our great club "an honour to be the custodian of the club" being one of his quotes. I just don't get why people are so anti.

Am I alone in being impressed with how he has conducted himself since Gh was hospilalised?

I don't want him as manager but I don't like how he seems to have become the scapegoat for GH...

From the same person who said someone along the lines of 'a british manager wouldn't direspect our club like Houllier has' ?? sorry if it wasn't you but I'm pretty sure it was.

Nothing like trying to lessen your teams value for the win eh? Are you a Villa fan?

Jumping on the bandwagon or posting for effect? Read the post properly before you make silly comments. We did what we had to do, win. Mission accomplished. Surely that's not difficult to understand?

From the same person who said someone along the lines of 'a british manager wouldn't direspect our club like Houllier has' ?? sorry if it wasn't you but I'm pretty sure it was.

I did say that yes (lol)

But I'm just judging it on the facts.

Houllier has disrespected the club.

Gary Mac has not.

This is why I prefer Gary Mac (as a person not manager) and I think he gets unfair criticism - everyone saying let GH continue with a new assistant manager

I did say that yes (lol)

Gary Mac has not.

This is why I prefer Gary Mac (as a person not manager) and I think he gets unfair criticism - everyone saying let GH continue with a new assistant manager

How has he disrespected the club? Is the disrespect so bad, he should be sacked for it?

I did say that yes (lol)

Gary Mac has not.

How has he disrespected the club? Is the disrespect so bad, he should be sacked for it?

No (but it does contribute.) He should be sacked for poor performance and for his own health.

How has he disrespected the club?

You clearly weren't one of the 1800 Aston Villa fans stood at Anfield freezing our bollocks of watching the manager of the club we love lord it in front of the Kop whilst totally ignoring the supporters of the club he managed, supporters who'd out sang his beloved Kop whilst being served up gutless tripe in a 3-0 defeat.

It was the most disrespectful act I have seen from an Aston Villa manager in over 30 years supporting this great club.

You clearly weren't one of the 1800 Aston Villa fans stood at Anfield freezing our bollocks of watching the manager of the club we love lord it in front of the Kop whilst totally ignoring the supporters of the club he managed, supporters who'd out sang his beloved Kop whilst being served up gutless tripe in a 3-0 defeat.

It was the most disrespectful act I have seen from an Aston Villa manager in over 30 years supporting this great club.

Or threw the towel in for the Cup game at Eastlands, or call us a mediocre club in terms of finishing between 7th and 12th. Mind you, at least on that point he got it right! 9th! :lol:

I was asking the question, not saying what is/isn't disrespectful. That was quite bad, a mistake, although I'd say walking out 5 days before the season is worse personally. I think that leaves you in a helluva lot more shit than not waving at an away crowd...

I was asking the question, not saying what is/isn't disrespectful. That was quite bad, a mistake, although I'd say walking out 5 days before the season is worse personally. I think that leaves you in a helluva lot more shit than not waving at an away crowd...

Houllier explained and appologised...If you understand his character its not hard to understand..There was no malice intended towards Villa fans from him and there never has been..He is one guy thats trying to get liked by us but we wont offer him an inch..We are nasty bunch at times and we hate boy do we hate!

These eight managers finished above us in the Premier League this season:

Ferguson, Ancelotti, Mancini, Wenger, Redknapp, Dalglish, Moyes and Hughes

Ancelotti, Moyes and Hughes are the most realistic targets

Any of these three managers would be an improvement on Houllier.

Agreed?

These eight managers finished above us in the Premier League this season:

Ferguson, Ancelotti, Mancini, Wenger, Redknapp, Dalglish, Moyes and Hughes

Ancelotti, Moyes and Hughes are the most realistic targets

Any of these three managers would be an improvement on Houllier.

Agreed?

Not 100% sure on Hughes, not against him but he wouldn't be first choice.

I'd take Ancelotti or Moyes definitely.