Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

But almost relegated Wolfsberg doesnt get mentioned? Aswell as England not qualifying.

Of course it does.

But which is more impressive.

Van Gaal winning the Domestic Double with Bayern last season.

Or Allardyce getting Bolton promoted, established in the Premier League and qualifying for Europe for the first time in their history.

I would say the latter.

Hilarious. You can stop trying now.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Jol is the second favourite. Why? Since he left Ajax, they went and won the league. He's hardly missed over there.

McClown...Just no! This is the guy who was responsible of getting Wolfsburg nearly relegated when they won the German title just two seasons ago. And the world would implode if he put on a brummie accent.

But almost relegated Wolfsberg doesnt get mentioned? Aswell as England not qualifying.

Of course it does.

Or Allardyce getting Bolton promoted, established in the Premier League and qualifying for Europe for the first time in their history.

I would say the latter.

Hilarious. You can stop trying now.

Sorry I don't quite follow. I can stop trying now?

Bayern were also in the CL final against Inter last season... alongside the double.. that is far better than Allardyce's achievements.

I know but they lost.

Allardyce got Bolton to the League Cup final but they also lost.

The fact TRS-T even mentions Allardyce as some sort of suitable candidate is beyond a joke. Yeah sure, I don't think anyone would disagree he'll put us in the top 10 but he's not going to take us forward, his football is absolutely dire and nor will he build anything at a club. I don't want Jason **** Roberts and Kevin Davies up top for Villa as we scrape through games because of set plays.

I don't want Van Gaal either but I'd rather him 1000x more than Allardyce.

Just **** off with Allardyce, even his name pisses me off.

Sven-Göran Eriksson.........just kidding

I like Hughes, He has played good football at both City and fulham and has a very good 'footballing brain'. Plus he seems like quite a expressive manager which i always like ( it's nice to see some passion in the dugout)

Of course it does.

I would say the latter.

I too would say the latter.

And nobody knows the sort of football Allardyce might produce at a decent club with decent resources. All we can say with any certainty is that he does bloody well with what he gets given to work with.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't be upset if we got him.

Bayern were also in the CL final against Inter last season... alongside the double.. that is far better than Allardyce's achievements.

I know but they lost.

League Cup Final vs CL Final.. hmm which one is more of an achievement to get to?

League Cup Final vs CL Final.. hmm which one is more of an achievement to get to?

The League Cup final is probably slightly harder to get to and, overall, the competition is slightly more competitive.

Getting CL in the first place is tough.. getting beyond the semi final is massive achievement.. considering some clubs put out weakened teams for cup games you don't get the same in CL (or you probably do but not at an extreme extent) I disagree, I think CL final is more of an achievement as you are against tougher teams.

The League Cup final is probably slightly harder to get to and, overall, the competition is slightly more competitive.

:crylaugh:

Considering the current holders of that trophy would you like to reverse your opinion? ManUre and Barca are not as good as the knuckledragging baby rapists?? Mmmmmm!!!

Fat Sam is not the man for us! No ambition!!

It makes me want to lock myself in a dark room and weep that Sam Allardyce is seriously being considered by some.

My choice as a safer option would be MOyes.

However, I'd love to see Lambert here. Itg won't happen because he'll have a crack with Norwich first. But I think he could be a very very good manager, but it would be a gamble.

He didn't almost get Wolfsburg relegated though. He was sacked 4/5 months ago, they only escaped relegation on the last day of the season, so it's not like there was a massive improvement after he'd gone...and if he had the full season, they may have been top half (will never know)

I know but they lost.

Depends what club you're managing.

It's easy to sleep with beautiful women when you're a rich handsome bastard, but it's perhaps more of an achievement to get any sort of shag at all if you're a poor fat ****.

It's easy to sleep with beautiful women when you're a rich handsome bastard, but it's perhaps more of an achievement to get any sort of shag at all if you're a poor fat ****.

Rich fat ****/really ugly blokes can get plenty of beautiful women into bed! The only requirement is being rich! Peter Crouch, Wayne Rooney, Donald Trump, Paul Daniels???