Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

The thing with Flores is I can help thinking of Juande Ramos at Spuds when I picture him being in charge of us!

I think you are basing that on nationality though.

Ramos could barely speak English, while Flores can quite comfortably. That was the big problem with Ramos and it frustrated the Spurs players.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with Flores is I can help thinking of Juande Ramos at Spuds when I picture him being in charge of us!

Ramos could barely speak English, while Flores can quite comfortably. That was the big problem with Ramos and it frustrated the Spurs players.

I wouldn't say quite comfortably. I'd say better than Juande, but he isn't exactly a linguist. He speaks like Balotelli (if you've seen the great clip on the pitch post FA cup final). I don't see it being a problem though.

I wouldn't say quite comfortably. I'd say better than Juande, but he isn't exactly a linguist. He speaks like Balotelli (if you've seen the great clip on the pitch post FA cup final). I don't see it being a problem though.

Fair enough :D

Was basing it on a few interviews I had seen, which he didn't have any problems with.

Houllier hasn't done a great job but if he had to take a prolonged time out of the club again we'd be stuck with McAllister and then we'd be screwed.

This is a big worry for me too... can we afford not having a manager at the dugout like this again? and then to top it off have McAllister in charge.. personally I hope the board don't risk it and I also hope they don't get Moyes/Coyle in either personally.. I want a fresh beginning and I want to see us take a gamble on Lambert (who to be fair has done a good job), Flores add a few others to the list.. but I think we'll take the safe option after this season imo.

I think the board's stance may well be down to them wanting Moyes as first choice for a replacement.

If Houllier wants to continue and the board effectively sack him there is next to no chance of getting Moyes, a good friend of Ged, to replace him.

However, if Houllier decides to call it a day himself, he may be crucial in tempting Moyes to VP.

Therefore, even if the board think on balance they want Houllier gone, they may decide to wait until he himself gives them a firm indication of what he wants to do.

QSF: Lads, you were...*turns to assistant* Can I say shit?

I think the board's stance may well be down to them wanting Moyes as first choice for a replacement.

If Houllier wants to continue and the board effectively sack him there is next to no chance of getting Moyes, a good friend of Ged, to replace him.

However, if Houllier decides to call it a day himself, he may be crucial in tempting Moyes to VP.

Therefore, even if the board think on balance they want Houllier gone, they may decide to wait until he himself gives them a firm indication of what he wants to do.

My belief is if we are going to be title/cup challengers for the seasons ahead, we are going to need a foreign manager with a different style of football. We have resonable financial backing with Lerner, but he is no Mansoor, so the only way we are going to be better is with great football. Moyes is a great motivator, but reminds me to much of MON. He will have more money to spend yeah, but do we really think he will head us into say, Championship football in the future. Lambert, great manager in the lower leagues, but the Premier league is completely different not enough experience for me I would worry about taking a gamble this time, a definate no no! Coyle, again good but not great.

Richard, Fran, Bicks, Onlyone and all the others who also dislike GH, are you prepared to stick your neck out with who you want as the next manager?

Not Benitez thats for sure. Personally for the position we're in and the type of club we currently are it has to be Moyes for me.

I find the choice difficult, we cannot afford another mistake. I know I do not want Allardyce or Curbishley. I like the idea of Moyes, I don't know enough about Flores, I like Lambert but his connections with MON and also experience probably rule him out. I really have no idea but if I had to choose I would go Moyes, the safe bet.

I'm the solitary vote for Lambert as I believe Moyes will not be coming to the Villa. Would like Coyle. Where's the AV system!? I am disappoint!