Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I've met him a few times, seen him training his squad and watched his team play and I have to say, Gus Poyet is going to be a very good manager. I'd be very happy to see him at Villa. None of the established managers thrill me at all, I think we need a different approach and Gus would give us that.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claude Anelka

In 2004, tired of engineering transfers for his restless brother Nicolas, and fed up with 'the crazy things' he saw managers do, agent and DJ Claude Anelka decided he wanted to be a boss himself. With a 'mystery' backer, he offered £300,000 to any lower-league club who would let him be manager, and got a bite at Raith Rovers, in Scottish Division One. Citing Cruyff, Wenger and the boss of Chinawhite nightclub as influences, his philosophy and signings - some from the Paris seven-a-side leagues - brought Rovers just one point from 24 before he stepped aside.

Get him in

hughes says he is staying at fulham so that to me confirms he wont be coming here if hou leaves which i dont think is going to happen

Yeah .. strike Hughes's name from list of potential replacements .. Hope I don't hear the same unequivocal statement from Moyes !

Has the board got the guts to bring him in?

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/7310/4/atletico-madrid-manager-flores-aston-villas-shortlist?

This is how I picture the interview:

Quique Sanchez Flores: That is why I reckon I'll be a success at Aston Villa.

Randy Lerner: Thanks, I've heard enough. You seem to be ideal candidate to bring on board.

*Paul Faulkner interrupts*

Paul Faulkner: Mr Lerner, aren't you forgetting we're after a man who must have Premier League experience to guarantee us a safe pair of hands?

Randy Lerner: Oh yeah. Alan Curbishley it is then.

I can honestly see Paul Faulkner being the main culprit of being one-dimensional in our search for a new manager. I bet the only different country his been to is Wales and doesn't even know where Spain is on the map. It's hard enough to even suggest they would interview a manager like Quique Sanchez Flores, nevermind hire him.

CI .. I think barring his health problems you'd probably be right !

I just hope for a swift announcment - hopefully pre the Liverpool game - or straight after at the latest !

poyet would be an interesting one. he certainly has a positive aura about him and is a character which would endear him he was also a good player and has served his time well as assistant manager/coach and now manager at brighton - would he be a paul ince a la blackburn or would he be a beautiful success? he would be a good choice too!

I've a horrible feeling the owners are going to stick with GED / GMc

As long as they recieve some kind of assurances about GEDs health Id be fine with it.

I don't see how anyone would be fine with GH having another season when his inconsistent of getting the right results, his health being an issue and the possiblity of sticking with Gary Mac.

What happens if after 5 games with bad results he has another relapse making Gary Mac as the manager AGAIN until the end of the season? We'll get relegated for sure.

It's too much of a high risk for so little.

I can honestly see Paul Faulkner being the main culprit of being one-dimensional in our search for a new manager. I bet the only different country his been to is Wales and doesn't even know where Spain is on the map.

And how do you come to this conclusion? What is it you know about Paul Faulkner to suggest he would look in a one-dimensional manner and scupper a deal for someone like Flores?

I can honestly see Paul Faulkner being the main culprit of being one-dimensional in our search for a new manager. I bet the only different country his been to is Wales and doesn't even know where Spain is on the map. It's hard enough to even suggest they would interview a manager like Quique Sanchez Flores, nevermind hire him.

One of the most idiotic and cretinous comments I've read on here. And thats going a bit.

That is totally unfounded and ridiculous to say the least.

I can honestly see Paul Faulkner being the main culprit of being one-dimensional in our search for a new manager. I bet the only different country his been to is Wales and doesn't even know where Spain is on the map.

And how do you come to this conclusion? What is it you know about Paul Faulkner to suggest he would look in a one-dimensional manner and scupper a deal for someone like Flores?

I came to this conclusion because his statement back in September said Premier League experience is required and I sincerely doubt his changed his mind over it since.

The one-dimensional search would be someone with Premier League experience making Flores a non-entity. The interview was just a pisstake on the incompetence of the board.

That is totally unfounded and ridiculous to say the least.

Take a chill pill. It's not like what I said was the most offensive thing in the world. And who knows, I could be right. :D

I came to this conclusion because his statement back in September said Premier League experience is required and I sincerely doubt his changed his mind over it since.

The one-dimensional search would be someone with Premier League experience making Flores a non-entity. The interview was just a pisstake on the incompetence of the board.

And this was his and his idea alone?

And now the board is incompetent because GH hasnt worked out how we all wanted therefore all their previous good work and money spent is ignored and they are incompetent, what a lovely simple view.

And who knows, I could be right. :D

I wouldnt hold your breath, actually on second thoughts.

I've a horrible feeling the owners are going to stick with GED / GMc

As long as they recieve some kind of assurances about GEDs health Id be fine with it.

We had assurances at the beginning of this season...

And this was his and his idea alone?

And now the board is incompetent because GH hasnt worked out how we all wanted therefore all their previous good work and money spent is ignored and they are incompetent, what a lovely simple view.

And who knows, I could be right. :D

I wouldnt hold your breath, actually on second thoughts.

Yeah, the board have really shown their competence since they took full control by spending a fee of 28.1m to AVOID relegation, having two different poor caretakers in the same season, while they've kept us in the dark to see if the manager who's been inconsistent this season will be with us next season. We've really marched on from the previous seasons haven't we? Wake up.

Oh, and seeing as someone on here didn't even know what Britain was, I wouldn't put it past the modern era to know the basics of Geography. It wasn't you was it? :lol:

I don't see how anyone would be fine with GH having another season when his inconsistent of getting the right results, his health being an issue and the possiblity of sticking with Gary Mac.

What happens if after 5 games with bad results he has another relapse making Gary Mac as the manager AGAIN until the end of the season? We'll get relegated for sure.

It's too much of a high risk for so little.

Read the first 12 words of my post.