Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

We need to go out and get someone big. I don't know how we can convince someone big to come in at the moment, but thats what we need. We need someone who is going to get the fans and the club buzzing. MON did that when he first came. The feeling I had when we announced GH was 'meh, it'll probably be fine but it wont be a quick fix solution'.

I know some of these names (infact probably all even if we do finish in the top half of the table) are probably unattainable, but with managers like van Gaal, Rjykaard, Boas at Porto, Klinsmann, even Ancellotti (when he gets sacked at the end of the season) out of work (with the exception of Boas but he could be a brilliant manager) would be MASSIVE for this club.

I don't feel that Moyes (good manager, and probably the best we can realistically hope to attract), Hughes (please god no), or Coyle (very good manager but does he have enough connections to attract top players?) will bring much more of excitement to the club than there already is.

We should've taken Allardyce in February until the end of the season then shook his hand and let him go on his way.

This has now become Randys biggest decision to make at Villa since replacing MON, and he CAN'T get this one wrong!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should've taken Allardyce in February until the end of the season then shook his hand and let him go on his way.
Why? We're all but safe now and that was the whole point of bringing in Allardyce was it not?

McAliister has been a massive failure everywhere he has been as a Manager/Coach,what makes folk think he will change at VP? If the rumours are true that the players do not like him then he has no chance of getting anything out of them. Wigan will be a tough game and a defeat combined with bad results elsewhere will make for a panic stations last 2 games which we are likely to lose,we must win next week just in case.

Why? We're all but safe now and that was the whole point of bringing in Allardyce was it not?

I only say that because at the time we genuinely didn't look like a team capable of staying in the division. I still think he would've got us guaranteed top half football (not much of an achievement given where we have been for the past couple years), but it would've been dire to watch. We might've been a little better defensively aswell. Its all ifs-and-buts really, but the fact we're safe means it probably doesn't make much difference overall.

New ideas (and a new defence) for a new season though I think.

No way would we have lost today to that stripey filth if Sam Allardyce was in charge, that I guarantee

Still no reason to give him the job

I'd prefer him to what we have now

No way would we have lost today to that stripey filth if Sam Allardyce was in charge, that I guarantee

Given the choice between the two, I'd agree. But hopefully we have our sights aimed higher.

I never thought I'd say it, but right now, I'd prefer Sam on the sidelines, making the decisions, than Gary Mack. Clueless tool. This season has been embarrassing. God knows why I think next season will be any better.

No to Fat Sam.

Let me be clear Dude, I hate fat Sam. I think he's shit. But I'd prefer even him to Gary Mack. Tells you how little I think of Gary Mack.

Ideally I'd want none of them in charge.. Is Cowans at the touchline aswell? does he know anything?