Stag Weekend - Benidorm.

Guus

Take loads of condoms. Wear them all the time, even if you're not having sex.

:lol:

I actually went 'for the day' last summer, while staying in Javea just up the coast. Wasn't half as bad as I expected, plus at this time of year it likely won't be packed with words removed.

I've been there, and apart from one or two streets, it's ok. If you go to the villages nearby you'll find some quiet time. But for a stag weekend, maybe you're after the "english" style streets :) A lot of spanish people holiday in benidorm in summer.

As others have said apart from a couple of streets Benidorm is fine. Mother in law had a restaurant/bar there for a number of years and I've been a fair few times. Its a fairly unique place really as it caters for everyone, young/old couples/families stags/hen groups etc and you can have a really quite night or something pretty rowdy. Front/beach is really nice and absolutely spotless. Some great bars/restaurants along the front and day and night some will have bands on etc. Old Town area is really nice and a world away from the very English part with some lovely cobbled streets with small bars, nice restaurants for tapas etc. Further along from the Old Town is the Poniente Beach side of Benidorm which is a lot quieter than the Levante Beach side. Both beaches are absolutely spotless and cleaned thoroughly every night. Overall Benidrom must cover around 5 miles from end to end.

Not sure why some say its like Blackpool. Blackpool is a dump full of arcades etc and the sea is filthy. 90% of Benidorm is absolutely spotless. The small part that isn't is around the square area which is populated solely by the English but this is a tiny part of Benidorm and easily avoided unless of course your into something a little more rowdy.

I went to Benidorm a few years ago on a stag do, I can remember getting off the plane and the taxi ride to our hotel.

The rest is a blur.

I do remember a pub with a bucking bronco inside, which was great for 2 reasons. 1. Girls in short skirts fell off and showed their pants. 2. Sometimes the girls would double-up on the bull, smash their heads together and come off bleeding.

You can't lose.

^^We actually went to that very bar which was great as there were topless ladies dancing on podiums.

All in all quite a good weekend, but very underwhelming as a destination. Full of old people and high rise apartments/hotels.

Nice beach though.

Â