The Legend of Zelda

Stevo985

Zelda games are awesome, but the Mario series are the best.

Marioworld SNES - Brilliantly playable even now. Donut Land, that music near Bowser's end castle, Cheese Bridge etc. wow.

Mario64 - Astounding paradigm shift in games. Took guts to do a 3d platformer but it rocked and still does. The scenes are still incredible.

Mario Galaxy / 2 - Uses every last bit of the Wii's hardware to incredible effect, and fully exploits the control system.

I'm undecided which of those 3 is the best game of all time.

Mario on the SNES was amazing.

Yeh the Zelda music is awesome. I'd happily by some sort of soundtrack if there was one.

In fact, is there one?

When you boot up Ocarina of time, and the music starts really slowly on the title screen. Chills every time. Sad, I know, but I can't help it.

I've ordered The Phantom Hourglass. I'll report back with my thoughts.

Edit: I also looked at A Link to the Past on GBA (I don't have a SNES, sadly).

£59.99!! I think I'll pass (or go on ebay instead)

Yeh the Zelda music is awesome. I'd happily by some sort of soundtrack if there was one.

In fact, is there one?

When you boot up Ocarina of time, and the music starts really slowly on the title screen. Chills every time. Sad, I know, but I can't help it.

The music on Zelda is as brilliant as the games. Each island or town had it's own music which seemed to match the feel of the place perfectly.

There seems to be a few on Amazon. I saw the soundtrack for OOT and TWW on there anyway.

Started playing TWW again today for the first time in 3 years according to my save data! Will try and complete it before having a go on TP. Not sure how far I'm on but I think I'm pretty far.

Awesome, could well invest in an OOT soundtrack.

Don't know what the plans are for Skyward sword, but if Zelda makes the jump to orchestral music (I believe it's mostly MIDI based at the moment), then the music will be even better.

The main reason I got the Wii in the first place was so I could play all these games. They play perfectly. Just before they announced VC I was going to by a SNES again.

Controls look interesting. I thought TP's controls were pretty much spot on using the Wii remote.

This uses Wii Motion plus. Hopefully it works. I'm sure, being Zelda, it will.

Graphics look like a cross between Twilight Princess and Windwaker.

Looks nice but I was a big fan of the darkness of Twilight Princess so I hope they haven't moved too far from that.

Started playing Zelda 3 again on the Wii. The kids have been absolutely glued watching me find Sahasrahla near the East Palace, then Get the Power Mitt at the Desert Palace, then up the mountaint to the Tower of Hera. Just about to get the Master Sword so I can go and fight Agahnim and then go into the Dark World.

Controls look interesting. I thought TP's controls were pretty much spot on using the Wii remote.

This uses Wii Motion plus. Hopefully it works. I'm sure, being Zelda, it will.

Graphics look like a cross between Twilight Princess and Windwaker.

Looks nice but I was a big fan of the darkness of Twilight Princess so I hope they haven't moved too far from that.

Loving the visuals.

I think the controlls will probably be spot on, most Wii games are anyway.

Zelda 3? Is that A Link to the Past?

Hopefully my copy of the Phantom Hourglass will arrive today :)

Didn't arrive until yesterday, but given it a couple of hours playing time now.

It seems pretty good. Graphics are excellent for a DS game.

Gameplay is good. Controls are a little awkward, however.

You control everything via the touch screen using the stylus.

The controls work perfectly. Apart from the odd instance where you might roll or slash your sword by accident, it works very well. However I do find constantly using the stylus a little uncomfortable.

It's brilliant for stuff like the boomerang and sailing though, because you can just trace the route you want the boomerang, or your ship, to go and it will follow it.

Overall so far, it's very enjoyable, and I'm already a bit addicted to it. Seems quite easy at the moment but first impressions are good.

Â