Gaming in 2011 - your radar?

Dodgyknees

That's got me wondering, what of GTA 5/ whatever it ends up getting called? The game was finished in 2007, so you'd think 4 years would be enough time for them to have another game at least a decent way to being complete now. I'd love them to go back and do Vice City/San Andreas. Infact, all they would have to do is switch the game engines and they'd be my favourite games ever.

That's got me wondering, what of GTA 5/ whatever it ends up getting called? The game was finished in 2007, so you'd think 4 years would be enough time for them to have another game at least a decent way to being complete now. I'd love them to go back and do Vice City/San Andreas. Infact, all they would have to do is switch the game engines and they'd be my favourite games ever.

There's rumour about that a return to San Andreas is what the next GTA will be and that an announcement is coming this year. How concrete that rumour is though is another matter - it comes from reading into Rockstar casting calls for an unannounced game.

There's rumour about that a return to San Andreas is what the next GTA will be and that an announcement is coming this year. How concrete that rumour is though is another matter - it comes from reading into Rockstar casting calls for an unannounced game.

Little things in GTA 4, references on the radio stations, flyers, an entire radio station in the DLC's and the last mission on one of the DLC's involving a flight to Vice City have me thinking (or hoping) they're taking it back there. Vice City would look beautiful on new gen graphics, but then part of me thinks that re-doing that game might kill it as it was the atmosphere that made it, something you can't just capture again.

San Andreas could be incredible if they chose to go that way though.

I assume GTA IV on the PC isn't much different to GTA IV on the Xbox, which was fantastic, so I say go for it.

Except it runs like a dog because it's one of the worst ports going.

My exact concern - is it that bad?

It depends how high you want to crank up the detail really, you can play it on low settings with the recommended requirements (I'd ignore the min ones) but it won't run pretty, I ran it on the max but my PC is cutting edge, and even then there were times it stuttered and you get bad pop ups when driving fast.

It just absolutely hammers your processor, but it's still worth playing.

I'd give my opinions on the whole console portness of it, but last time I did that I got bitched at ;)

• 4 months later...

I'm completely convinced Dead Island is going to be a turkey.

My enthusiasm for the end of year line up has grown a lot from January. Forza 4 is a must (CE preordered :D), Arkham City is also a day 1 purchase and again considering the CE, Skyrim is also a day 1 purchase. Halo Anniversary I'll probably pick up sooner or later, same for Deus Ex...

And then you've got things like FIFA, which I'll get sooner or later, COD which I'll play eventually, and Battlefield which at the very least I'll give a crack. Oh and Assassins Creed, which while not a day 1 since I think the series is getting very, very tired very very quickly, will also end up being played.

Will be very thankful for staff discount over the coming months.

Too damn many!

Skyrim

Dark Souls

Battlefield 3

Deus Ex 3

Gears of War 3

Ico/SotC HD

Batman: Arkham City

Uncharted 3

Assassins Creed: Revelations

And they're just the day one purchases that I can remember. No doubt more will crop up as and when I'm reminded of them.

The usual annual games and probably BF3, definitely Gears 3 and probably the game I'm looking forward to most is Hitman: Absolution. Can't wait for something to drag me away from the usual FPS/FIFA games.

There's quite a few day one purchases for me (Skyrim and SWTOR for a start) but the one I'm looking forward to most is Saints Row 3. I adore those games. For me, SR2 blew GTA4 away, mostly because it was about a hundred times more entertaining, and didn't take itself (or its ott gameplay) too seriously.

And of course my character was a psycho in a mankini, which is always a bonus.

Uncharted 3 will be a day one purchase. BF3 and Skyrim will come some time after that. Then after those probably Batman, which might be enough to tide me over till ME3 in March

Â